hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 142 of 142

Thread: Golf 2019

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9 over today. Will need a miracle to make the cut but will be a great experience for him.


    Same score as Richie Ramsay who on his day is a competitor. I think Neil had the worst of the conditions early on. The later ones found it slightly easier. As you say he'll very likely have a great time anyhow.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,511
    He finished on +5 so did massively better in round 2. I reckon that would have been a 67.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,305
    Looks absolutely dreich down at Renaissance today. It's a day for feet up in front of the box with a comforting dram in front of me.

    🥃😁

  5. #124
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks absolutely dreich down at Renaissance today. It's a day for feet up in front of the box with a comforting dram in front of me.

    🥃😁
    This is a great watch.

    I like it when tournaments have a variety of different conditions.

    They've had a couple of easier days, let's see who can cope with some proper Scottish weather.

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    Hopefully Robert McIntyre can come through to win his first tour event. 5 back but he has the game. Suspect it may be Tommy Fleetwood though. Brilliant round in the conditions

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully Robert McIntyre can come through to win his first tour event. 5 back but he has the game. Suspect it may be Tommy Fleetwood though. Brilliant round in the conditions
    considering how bad his first day was Fleetwood has played well.

    Westwood would do for me but I'm a big poulter fan

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    Canít believe Tommy missed those 2 putts on 16 and the playoff. Usually bread and butter for him. Good to see Marc Warren returning to some form.
    Congrats to Rai, great play on the final day. I was hoping McIntyre would have produced that !

  9. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t believe Tommy missed those 2 putts on 16 and the playoff. Usually bread and butter for him. Good to see Marc Warren returning to some form.
    Congrats to Rai, great play on the final day. I was hoping McIntyre would have produced that !

    He nearly won the Irish Open last week too. John Catlin played a blinding final round to win by two shots.

  10. #129
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    53
    Posts
    11,800
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canít believe Tommy missed those 2 putts on 16 and the playoff. Usually bread and butter for him. Good to see Marc Warren returning to some form.
    Congrats to Rai, great play on the final day. I was hoping McIntyre would have produced that !
    That 2nd putt looked decidedly dodgy to me. No way he would miss the hole from there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    14,305
    Robert Rock thought himself out of that tournament.

    He did far too much faffing about with the wee elementary shot he had from the edge of the 18th green . It looked like a fairly simple roll up to the hole with the putter from where I was sitting in my comfy chair (glass in hand of course)

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lots of driving range to begin with certainly helps but there's nothing like hitting a course to put it all together.

    Club membership straight away would be quite expensive, especially when you're new and don't know how much you might play so I would just pay as you go for rounds to begin with. The Edinburgh Leisure courses are excellent, good value and you have the choice of a good few. I quite like a twilight golf offer if you're looking for a fancier course for a good price. I find that if you take a twilight golf offer it's normally because courses are quieter later in the day, and under those circumstances you can do stuff like drop 3 or 4 balls 100 yards from the green and practice hitting a few in under much less pressure than when playing on a busy course with people all booked onto it back to back. Likewise you can drop a few in a bunker to get a feel for hitting out of those, chip out of various sorts of rough/ fringe/fairway towards a green to get the hang of that. This isn't always as easy on the Edinburgh leisure courses (which are quite busy and popular) but it's a brilliant way to hone your game.

    Speak to mates who are members in places - they'll often get decent offers to sign players onto courses, so that lets you try other places at a good price.

    I've also taken out stuff like the Open Fairways scheme in the past - they give you good 2 for 1, 4 for 2 offers etc but you need a buddy who will join you. Always good to effectively save you half of your green fees though.

    Good luck and have fun.
    Signed up to a winter membership at edinburgh leisure. Just over 20 quid a month which isn't bad at all.

    Was really busy today which was a bit daunting, and it was slow ahead of me so felt a bit rushed. Think your advice to get a later time is definitely worth taking on board.

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    Final round of Cyprus showdown today. One round shootout, great format.
    Aggressive golf needed from the off
    Iím backing McIntyre to win his first event on tour

  14. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Final round of Cyprus showdown today. One round shootout, great format.
    Aggressive golf needed from the off
    Iím backing McIntyre to win his first event on tour
    Also backed McIntyre at 9/1 this morning, been impressed with him all weekend. Very aggressive especially today. Love the format as well, the more players in contention the better imo

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also backed McIntyre at 9/1 this morning, been impressed with him all weekend. Very aggressive especially today. Love the format as well, the more players in contention the better imo
    Easy money mate 👍
    He was great last week as well when finishing third. Delighted for him. The lad is going to be a top player
    Hopefully Grant Forrest, Connor Syme etc will be the next Scots to step up and win

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Easy money mate 👍
    He was great last week as well when finishing third. Delighted for him. The lad is going to be a top player
    Hopefully Grant Forrest, Connor Syme etc will be the next Scots to step up and win
    Great to see a new generation start to appear. Been too long a gap. Thought Bradley Neil would get there though he does have time on his side - see Justin Roseís pro career

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member DiscoDoidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    Can anyone see past Bryson this weekend? I seen an article about his practice round with Sandy Lyle. Guy overshot the 3rd hole 350 yards with a 3 wood..

  18. #137
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    73
    Posts
    18,794
    Blog Entries
    1
    For those who follow golf, thereís a young guy, Craig Howie, from Peebles on the Challenge Tour, who has been doing well in the last few months with invites to some main tour events. Heís presently playing in the Golf In Dubai Championship. He was in second place at one point but after five birdies and three bogies in a row, has fallen down the field a wee bit.

  19. #138
    Sad news this morning that golf commentator Peter Alliss has passed away at 89. Only covered the Masters a couple of weeks ago for the BBC. Enjoyed his quick witted sense of humour and will be sorely missed by the majority of golf fans. RIP Peter.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    Is there any info out there to confirm how many of the top 60 are not playing in the championship finals this week ?
    Some commentators think might be as high as 12. I have looked at the current top 60 and canít see how this number of players would not turn up for a potentially massive pay day.

    It seems ridiculous that Collin Marikowa is playing. He has never played one round in Europe in his career but because he won the PGA championship he can now win our Order Of Merit title.

    Meanwhile 3 Scots are in the low 60s in the rankings ( Forrest, Syme and Jameson ) and are waiting to hear if some Yanks will turn up or not in Dubai.

  21. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any info out there to confirm how many of the top 60 are not playing in the championship finals this week ?
    Some commentators think might be as high as 12. I have looked at the current top 60 and canít see how this number of players would not turn up for a potentially massive pay day.

    It seems ridiculous that Collin Marikowa is playing. He has never played one round in Europe in his career but because he won the PGA championship he can now win our Order Of Merit title.

    Meanwhile 3 Scots are in the low 60s in the rankings ( Forrest, Syme and Jameson ) and are waiting to hear if some Yanks will turn up or not in Dubai.
    Iíve often thought this. Not sure how the point system works but it seems the European Tour over inflates the majors and WGC events to tempt the American/PGA tour players over for the end of season events should they win one.

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    So i have just seen the entry list. 11 players from the original top 60 not competing, including defending champion Jon Rahm, Rory, Shane Lowry and Paul Casey. So much for supporting your tour !!!

    Field has now been expanded to 65 players so Joost Luiten gets in along with 4 players currently in the top 75 in the World Rankings.

    Looks like the organisers just make it up as they go along

    Good to see 5 Scots taking part though

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    Bob McIntyre right in the hunt again to win. First prize is 3 million dollars

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)