hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Maclaren

Testimonial Due

Jamie Maclaren

Sat thinking last night here is a guy who bagged a hat-trick vs rangers last season, sat on bench yet again for a whole 90minutes. Even when our squad has been at its most weakest with injuries and he's been fit to play he can no longer get a game. I was buzzing when we resigned him, Kamberi and Maclaren together this time for a whole season I had images of 30+ goals between them. Fast forward a few months and I just don't see how he gets into the starting 11 anymore. What does the future hold for him? No way would he would command a 400k fee now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sat thinking last night here is a guy who bagged a hat-trick vs rangers last season, sat on bench yet again for a whole 90minutes. Even when our squad has been at its most weakest with injuries and he's been fit to play he can no longer get a game. I was buzzing when we resigned him, Kamberi and Maclaren together this time for a whole season I had images of 30+ goals between them. Fast forward a few months and I just don't see how he gets into the starting 11 anymore. What does the future hold for him? No way would he would command a 400k fee now.
    Fit enough when Australia play..Never fit when Hibs play.
    Complete waste of a wage this season...1 goal to show.

Better getting shot of.

play him with Flo on sat v livi

Probably pretty expensive in wages too.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Fit enough when Australia play..Never fit when Hibs play.
    Complete waste of a wage this season...1 goal to show.

Better getting shot of.

Agree, he's murder anyway.

Thank god Ryan 69 is nowhere near our management team. Doesn't half expound some guff.

In my opinion MacLaren would have been on as a sub but the injury and replacement of Rocky, which was not in NL's game plan, put paid to that option.

Opinions, eh!!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He’s not.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Thank god Ryan 69 is nowhere near our management team. Doesn't half expound some guff.

In my opinion MacLaren would have been on as a sub but the injury and replacement of Rocky, which was not in NL's game plan, put paid to that option.

Opinions, eh!!
    I thought that aswell but then he’s not made it off the bench a lot of other games recently either. As the weeks keep going by he’s looking less and less likely to make an impact at us this season. People keep suggesting it’ll take Allan ages to get match fit if he signs but Maclaren has played that little football lately that the same could be said for him.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Well he gets into the starting 11 by taking his chance and scoring goals.

I’d have thought that was fairly obvious?

He’s had a terrible first half of this season, no doubt, but there is still hope.

Some people on here are brutal. Any dip in form and players are suddenly a waste of a wage and we should bin them.

As the OP points out Maclaren scored a hat trick last game of last season and everyone (almost) was desperate for him to come back.

Thankfully the management will have more faith in the player than some on here and we will see him scoring more goals soon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I thought that aswell but then he’s not made it off the bench a lot of other games recently either. As the weeks keep going by he’s looking less and less likely to make an impact at us this season.
    He's carrying a back injury and isn't fully match fit.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A run of tap ins meant his stats made him look a better player than he was and i think he's been found out.

You need to have a lot more to your game these days than occasional tap-in and he doesn't.

I wouldn't surprise me if he was sent back to Darmstadt in Jan.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    A run of tap ins meant his stats made him look a better player than he was and i think he's been found out.

You need to have a lot more to your game these days than occasional tap-in and he doesn't.

As we all know Tap-ins don’t count and besides we have plenty other folks scoring tap-ins - not.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

Opinions, eh!!
    Glad your not either tobe honest.

The guy has 1 goal to his name this season...and we will be paying a nice chunk of his wage

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Dont let that get in the way of a whinge.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Utter bollocks.

I’d be delighted if he had a run of tap ins again.

All goals count as one goal, whether they are screamers or not.

Jamie Mac would have buried the two good chances that young Oli missed, while I do think in my humble that Oli could be a good player it just seams that at times he is just not brave enough to really get in where it may hurt.

Jamie I am sure will re-form his partnership with Flo once fully fit and getting a run of games.
    Last edited by A Hi-Bee; 20-12-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    As we all know Tap-ins don’t count and besides we have plenty other folks scoring tap-ins - not.
    Strange response

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Utter bollocks.

Dont care if forwards put them in with their arse, seem to remember a few in the past scoring such goals you just have to be right in the mix to be able to get so called tap ins.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Utter bollocks.

Utter bollocks?

Can ye name another centre forward playing level football anywhere that only has that string to his bow?

The rest of his game is diabolical.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Strange response
    He's got a point. You only get a tap in if you get into the opposition box and evade your marker.

For ages we were crying out for someone who would do that and now it's not good enough. I hope we see him over the next couple of games, at least to give him a chance and for rotation purposes.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    I saw that elsewhere (might even have been yourself that said it?) Regardless he’s still offered very little so far whether that’s the reason or not and the longer this goes on the less likely he is to make any form of impact this season. Presuming he doesn’t make any impact before new year then he’ll not even be around until Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Some people on here are brutal. Any dip in form and players are suddenly a waste of a wage and we should bin them.

As the OP points out Maclaren scored a hat trick last game of last season and everyone (almost) was desperate for him to come back.

Thankfully the management will have more faith in the player than some on here and we will see him scoring more goals soon.
    We’ve been hearing for god knows how long that he’ll be back scoring goals soon to be fair to the people criticising him. Its pretty hard to argue that he has been anything other than a waste of a wage so far because we’ve had next to nothing out of him.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Oh good, another thread to cover the same ground all over again. Some folk think he’s pish. Some folk see the value in having a player that scores goals opposed to bottling easy chances (see Shaw’s two last night as an example).

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Would have at least got one of Shaws efforts on target last night

I reckon his time is up at Easter road can see him being returned back to that German club to free up a wage cause he's been a waste of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Connollys11 View Post
    I reckon his time is up at Easter road can see him being returned back to that German club to free up a wage cause he's been a waste of one.
    I think mabey that will be for Neil Lennon and the club to decide and not a load of bull*****rs on a football forum.

Good player? Yes
    Better than shaw? Probably just a yes
    Match fit? No
    Form this season? Poor
    Can we sign better? Probably
    Has he had good service like last season? No

Conclusion. Who knows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    He's got a point. You only get a tap in if you get into the opposition box and evade your marker.

For ages we were crying out for someone who would do that and now it's not good enough. I hope we see him over the next couple of games, at least to give him a chance and for rotation purposes.
    I’m not disputing he can do that but a striker needs to have more to their game than that these days. That’s why there are no other strikers anywhere like him at top level football.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Jamie Mac would have buried the two good chances that young Oli missed, while I do think in my humble that Oli could be a good player it just seams that at times he is just not brave enough to really get in where it may hurt.

Jamie I am sure will re-form his partnership with Flo once fully fit and getting a run of games.
    Was just gonna post the same all the "experts" on here calling Jamie Mac murder what did they think of the 2 sitters Ollie missed last night. As am pretty certain Maclaren would have buried at least one of them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk