Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Official Site: ELGIN CITY TICKETS ON SALE NOW

£22 for a game against Elgin

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £22 for a game against Elgin
    We don’t have any choice with the price, Elgin have to agree to a reduction. Quite rightly they want as much money as possible. You can of course by your ticket early and save £2

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I fancy a change of scenery so waiting for the inevitable deluge of ST seats past the deadline. Will be good to see some of our new players.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Looking to take my laddie to his first ever game so will be going to this, he doesn't really have any interest in football but need to do something together!!

I'll be going with the wee man to this one, how can they charge £10/12 for a child against Elgin in the Scottish Cup is beyond me, kids get in for free with ST at some championship clubs. I paid £6 for his ticket away to ST Mirren this season. I don't mind my price but we should be getting as much kids in as possible especially for the cup. Hibs seriously need to look at there grading and pricing scheme for the wee ones.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    I'll be going with the wee man to this one, how can they charge £10/12 for a child against Elgin in the Scottish Cup is beyond me, kids get in for free with ST at some championship clubs. I paid £6 for his ticket away to ST Mirren this season. I don't mind my price but we should be getting as much kids in as possible especially for the cup. Hibs seriously need to look at there grading and pricing scheme for the wee ones.
    1000% agree with your post

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think the prices for this game are solely down to Hibs

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I don’t think the prices for this game are solely down to Hibs
    It's a shame, though. It's the perfect fixture to have kids for a fiver or something thereabouts.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It's a shame, though. It's the perfect fixture to have kids for a fiver or something thereabouts.
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Elgin have to agree any price reduction, if they don’t there is nothing Hibs can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Elgin have to agree any price reduction, if they don’t there is nothing Hibs can do about it.
    Surely we would set our own prices or do the SFA set ticket prices across the board for all the rounds? I agree once hibs publish the prices and then want to change them Elgin would then have a right to say if they agree to a price cut, but don't we set the price for tickets first? Even if we set the price at £20 for adults and £5 for kids that would still see Elgin get a tidy pay out

@hibs.net private member
    Surely we would set our own prices or do the SFA set ticket prices across the board for all the rounds? I agree once hibs publish the prices and then want to change them Elgin would then have a right to say if they agree to a price cut, but don't we set the price for tickets first? Even if we set the price at £20 for adults and £5 for kids that would still see Elgin get a tidy pay out
    The price is agreed between the 2 clubs

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Looking to take my laddie to his first ever game so will be going to this, he doesn't really have any interest in football but need to do something together!!
    if it's entertainment you want, go to the pictures will probably be cheaper tae

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    if it's entertainment you want, go to the pictures will probably be cheaper tae
    Dunno about that, he costs me a fortune going there as well

Maybe a question for the fans reps. Did Elgin insist on standard prices for this game?

Hate to see our club possibly getting another kicking for something they had no control over

Ticket prices for the Game at Motherwell.

Adult: - £24.00

Concession: (60 and over/16-18 year olds/Full-time Students with a valid matriculation card) - £17.00

Juveniles: (Under 16) - £3.00
    Last edited by Keith_M; 08-01-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Maybe a question for the fans reps. Did Elgin insist on standard prices for this game?

Hate to see our club possibly getting another kicking for something they had no control over
    Do we have active fans reps anymore? That’s not a dig but we used to get updates but I’ve not heard a peep for months.

So what happens if both clubs disagree on the ticket prices?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    So what happens if both clubs disagree on the ticket prices?
    As mentioned above there is a standard price however if both teams agree on a reduction then the price will be reduced. If both teams don’t agree then the standard price will be charged

I think the authorities need to look at the rules etc if teams like Elgin can dictate that Hibs charge top dollar for a game like this. I've bought my tickets but there's no doubting the pricing structure is way off for this one. By comparison I got in to Newcastle v Blackburn last Saturday for £10 and £5.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I think the authorities need to look at the rules etc if teams like Elgin can dictate that Hibs charge top dollar for a game like this. I've bought my tickets but there's no doubting the pricing structure is way off for this one. By comparison I got in to Newcastle v Blackburn last Saturday for £10 and £5.
    Totally agree unacceptable pricing for a game v Elgin in the middle of January when season tickets dont apply.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Totally agree unacceptable pricing for a game v Elgin in the middle of January when season tickets dont apply.
    Also agree this is unacceptable. The party line seems to be that Elgin - by not agreeing to reduced prices - have forced Hibs' hand here. That may be the case, but can the Fans Reps confirm?

If it is the case that Elgin insisted on full prices, well more fool them. Very short-sighted and it will probably cost them rather than benefit them from the number of people who will vote with their feet and not go. You would think they would want their players to get a cup tie in front of as big a crowd as possible.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to most away games, but do not intend to go to this one - after the flurry of games in December, Christmas, New Year and family birthdays, it's an expense I can do without. I'm not knocking anyone who is going, far from it, but it feels like a slap in the face to be asked to pay full price for a game where the ground will probably be half full at best. I especially take issue with the pricing for kids - Hibs fall way behind other clubs in this regard. I've had to pay less for my laddie at just about every other ground in Scotland than Hibs charge.

I think the club need to look more closely at rewarding loyal fans when the opportunity arises. My team down south, Swansea, for example paid for all 2,500 away tickets for their fans to go to Villa in the FA Cup - and they won 3-0 too!

If Hibs absolutely had to agree to these prices, could they not have rewarded/compensated fans in another way - voucher for the club shop, discount for a future match etc?
    Last edited by Col L; 09-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Col L View Post
    Also agree this is unacceptable. The party line seems to be that Elgin - by not agreeing to reduced prices - have forced Hibs' hand here. That may be the case, but can the Fans Reps confirm?

If it is the case that Elgin insisted on full prices, well more fool them. Very short-sighted and it will probably cost them rather than benefit them from the number of people who will vote with their feet and not go. You would think they would want their players to get a cup tie in front of as big a crowd as possible.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to most away games, but do not intend to go to this one - after the flurry of games in December, Christmas, New Year and family birthdays, it's an expense I can do without. I'm not knocking anyone who is going, far from it, but it feels like a slap in the face to be asked to pay full price for a game where the ground will probably be half full at best. I especially take issue with the pricing for kids - Hibs fall way behind other clubs in this regard. I've had to pay less for my laddie at just about every other ground in Scotland than Hibs charge.

I think the club need to look more closely at rewarding loyal fans when the opportunity arises. My team down south, Swansea, for example paid for all 2,500 away tickets for their fans to go to Villa in the FA Cup - and they won 3-0 too!

If Hibs absolutely had to agree to these prices, could they not have rewarded/compensated fans in another way - voucher for the club shop, discount for a future match etc?
    Agreed. A lack of imagination, but no shortage of greed - whether from Hibs, Elgin, or a combination of both clubs we may never know.

Very much doubt I'll be there, and I fear the pricing will attract the crowd it deserves.

It costs £14 to watch Elgin City play at home in the league. £9 for concessions. What do people expect to pay to see Hibs play anybody in the Scottish Cup? IF the answer is somewhere between our normal admission price and theirs then accusing either of the clubs of greed seems a bit harsh.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Agreed. A lack of imagination, but no shortage of greed - whether from Hibs, Elgin, or a combination of both clubs we may never know..
    It would be a bit harsh to accuse Elgin of greed. I hardly imagine their directors are lighting cigars with £20 notes in anticipation of the filthy lucre inflating their coffers. Its a well run club but done on a shoestring which requires fiscal prudence and a decent social club to keep it going. Along with Peterhead they're probably the farthest travelled club over the course of a league season in Scotland. That costs a bit. Games like this and a few thousand quid go a long way to keep them going. Can't blame them for wanting to maximise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    If Elgin did insist on the pricing for this...it's gonna cost them as it's deffo going to affect the crowd...especially at this time of Year when we are all skint

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    If Elgin did insist on the pricing for this...it's gonna cost them as it's deffo going to affect the crowd...especially at this time of Year when we are all skint

Gauld and another one or two will boost the attendance.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Gauld and another one or two will boost the attendance.
    Hopefully mate yeah...a couple of quality signings will deffo stir interest

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

I know where you are coming from but I expect it will work out about the same or better off with the higher price

5000 at £20 or 10000 at £10. Do you think we’d get an extra 5000 with the cheaper price? I don’t think we would.