hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar

Dnipro Kids Christmas Update

As we exceeded our Just Giving target by more than £350 - Just Giving Page - we were able to fund quite a few events for the kids over Christmas.

I'll be putting together a proper update once I receive all the photos, but I thought I'd give a quick update on here to thank everyone for all their generous donations.

We were able to send the kids to FOUR events over the festive period, thanks to a combination of the Just Giving page and all our child sponsors that donate monthly.

In conjunction with the River of Life charity we had an organised trip for a show at the theatre. The River of Life charity supports children that have lost their father in the current war with Russia, some of you may remember that we brought 20 of these children over to Scotland in September 2016.

122.jpg 123.jpg

The next event was a panto that was put on for the children by our generous business sponsor Kyivstar. As has been the case the last couple of years, the Kyivstar staff put on a pantomime for the children at their Dnipro HQ. All the kids are given a gift bag of sweets and balloons at the end of the show.

221.jpg 222.jpg

As we exceeded our Just Giving target, we organised an additional cinema trip. There were no Grinches when it came to donating, but that's what the kids chose to go and see .. and they all got a big box of sweets as well.

321.jpg 323.jpg

And finally .. we had our main Christmas Party at the Stargorod Restaurant. The manager was amazing and reserved their function hall for us, so we could have a full day there without interuption. There was entertainment organised with singing, dancing and dressing up. The restaurant organised a cook class where kids could make their own apple/fruit pies, for desserts after the Christmas dinner. Unfortunately I'm limited to just a couple of photos, but there will be much more on the official update that will go out in the next week or so.

421.jpg 422.jpg
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Wee bump in case anyone missed it
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done to all involved. That is amazing.

Brilliant, as always