hibs.net Messageboard

Old Bottles of Champagne

I was clearing out a cupboard today and came across 2 bottles of champagne that my wife & I were given on our wedding day 28 years ago.

They have probably been stored incorrectly but I wondered if they would still be drinkable or should just be binned.

The first is a Lanson Black Label Brut and the other is a Louis Rozier Premier Cru.

No idea if they are cheap rubbish or decent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was clearing out a cupboard today and came across 2 bottles of champagne that my wife & I were given on our wedding day 28 years ago.

They have probably been stored incorrectly but I wondered if they would still be drinkable or should just be binned.

The first is a Lanson Black Label Brut and the other is a Louis Rozier Premier Cru.

They should be absolutely fine as long as they've not been in direct sunlight for any length of time. It's normally UV that 'skunks' them.

Take care while uncorking them as they could make one almighty 'POP'...simply chill and enjoy.

@hibs.net private member

I had a bottle of Lanson that was 6 years old and it was off.

I looked at their website and it said anything other than vintage Champagne needs to be drunk within 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I had a bottle of Lanson that was 6 years old and it was off.

I looked at their website and it said anything other than vintage Champagne needs to be drunk within 4 years.
    Thanks, bin it is then 😂

Thanks, bin it is then 😂
    Surely open them and see? You'll know straightaway if they're off.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Fool your neighbours into thinking you've won the lottery by opening them out on your doorstep and spraying the fizz all over the street while brandishing an oversized cardboard cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Fool your neighbours into thinking you've won the lottery by opening them out on your doorstep and spraying the fizz all over the street while brandishing an oversized cardboard cheque.
    🤣🤣🤣 I’ll get the press along as well and say I’m investing £100m of my winnings into the Hibs, that’ll get a few Jambo’s bricking it.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post