hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The fact it was fully expected doesn't make the news any better received. Gutted. All the best, Efe, and loads of thanks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'd imagine with Efe's pedigree he would have been the highest earner (or near enough) at Hibs. At least it frees up a good wage to bring someone in.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Cardiff and Marseille are the options as rumoured then he should be heading straight for the South of France. He’d excel over there imo.
    I pray it's Marseille he's off to. Would love an excuse to go over to watch him there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    You could say the same for every single player though, just feel it was a mistake putting in a clause saying he can leave halfway through a season, and I'm sure the "rubbish" money he is on would do him until the end of the season, don't think the rubbish money he is getting here will have him worrying about the electricity bill coming in!

it must have been part of the deal to get him to sign in the first place - worked out for both parties. I've not doubt he could have got more money than us when he signed in the first place. He showed commitment during every game he played for us. No issue from me. Efe was a model pro - never injured and was by far our best player this season. Good luck to him - was a pleasure to see him in a Hibs jersey..

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I pray it's Marseille he's off to. Would love an excuse to go over to watch him there.
    I was in Marseille in the summer. Nice place, cracking stadium. Presuming the money on offer is similar he’d be so much better over there than England.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    it must have been part of the deal to get him to sign in the first place - worked out for both parties. I've not doubt he could have got more money than us when he signed in the first place. He showed commitment during every game he played for us. No issue from me. Efe was a model pro - never injured and was by far our best player this season. Good luck to him - was a pleasure to see him in a Hibs jersey..
    Yip obviously suited at the time but again we lose a very important player for nowt and best of luck to him as he has been a cracking player, just seems crazy for a club to agree to a player going halfway through a season

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Absolutely gutted,he was the only diamond in the rough this season,good luck EFE.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Yip obviously suited at the time but again we lose a very important player for nowt and best of luck to him as he has been a cracking player, just seems crazy for a club to agree to a player going halfway through a season

Written in his contract innit.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I was in Marseille in the summer. Nice place, cracking stadium. Presuming the money on offer is similar he’d be so much better over there than England.
    I've only been to Nice but that side of the country/part of the world is such a beautiful place that I couldn't understand why anyone would choose Cardiff over it.

Left by mutual consent!
    You could say the same for every single player though, just feel it was a mistake putting in a clause saying he can leave halfway through a season, and I'm sure the "rubbish" money he is on would do him until the end of the season, don't think the rubbish money he is getting here will have him worrying about the electricity bill coming in!
    Of course the clause was a mistake perhaps it was the only way to get him to sign. The guy owes us nothing and has to look after himself. We are doing nothing this season and he’s looking to get into the international squad. Why would he stay? Just because we are struggling?

Left by mutual consent!
    It’s not crazy if it was the only way to get him to sign and if he wanted out 6 months before an international tournament having already missed the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It’s not crazy if it was the only way to get him to sign and if he wanted out 6 months before an international tournament having already missed the WC.
    If letting Efe go for free after 18 months was the difference maker in getting him to sign or not then the club were right to sign him with that clause and just hope he wanted to stay come decision time. I'd happily take a whole host of talented players that normally would never be at Hibs if the only condition was they could walk away after 18 month.

Absolutely gutted!! 😞

Really sad to see the big man go. Proper Hibs player, and I wish our forwards could take a man on like Efe does.

For a so-called "bomb-scare" you can probably count on one hand the amount of mistakes he made that led to a goal against us.

Good luck Efe, you'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Merge the threads please admin
    I second this

Left by mutual consent!
    Efe it's been a blast. Good luck

Took my 8 year old son to his first match at the beginning of this season. He said his favorite player on the pitch was Efe closely followed by Boyle.

Thanks for the memories Efe!

The classiest player we have despite one or two howlers but he wasn't alone in that.

Eve will be missed but wish him nothing but luck. Welcome back anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Nothing about him in the French media I can see. But Marseille are looking for one possibly two centre backs. I think the rumour dated from last year so it seems unlikely.

Class player, takes the ball forward effortlessly with his head up . Has reminded me of Suazee and Stanton. Can forgive him his timekeeping as he has otherwise been a model pro in his attitude. Wish him well in the future and would be happy to see him back .

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully he signs for Aston Villa or a lot o people will have to follow another team.