hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Act of union 1707.

that is another question but then again a minority government acted upon an advisory referendum by triggering article 50 to deliver brexit.
    Donít know the act of union well enough - but didnít that create a single unitary state ??

anyway, Iím not trying to catch you out - was interested in your view...even as a pro indie minded individual..I donít see the Scottish Government with a mandate to do that, without another referendum..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Aye, up the revolution ! we can use turnips as currency, our pensions and benefits paid in monopoly money as helmet heid said it would be alright !

child !

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    child !
    Y'know the whole currency thing is a complete red herring. The pound is derived from European currency and the only thing that belongs to England is the copyright on the £ sign. The pensions bit is fear mongering and the turnip bit is simply insulting! Scotlands people have a right to self determine and the thought of being saddled to those uber-unionist brit nationals down south, is frightening! A considerable amount of English people feel the same. We are a progressive country that is moving forward on a world stage highlighting the maturity of our nation. I am no indoctrinated xenophobe with fascist tendencies because of being feart of people from elswhere in this world!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Act of union 1707.

that is another question but then again a minority government acted upon an advisory referendum by triggering article 50 to deliver brexit.
    Article 50 vote was 498 to 114 - a majority of 384 MPs backing the bill. Both the Conservative Party and Labour Party backed the bill and the majority of 384 is, sadly, far from a minority position.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Don’t know the act of union well enough - but didn’t that create a single unitary state ??

anyway, I’m not trying to catch you out - was interested in your view...even as a pro indie minded individual..I don’t see the Scottish Government with a mandate to do that, without another referendum..
    I agree. A coup would be extremely problematic and likely lead to constant chaos and turmoil. Independence would most certainly have to be won from a democratic decisive vote by way of referendum as I'm certain the vast majority of reasoned civilised Scots would concur.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Article 50 vote was 498 to 114 - a majority of 384 MPs backing the bill. Both the Conservative Party and Labour Party backed the bill and the majority of 384 is, sadly, far from a minority position.
    It's still a minority government propped up by the DUP. Why these MPs decided to vote in the way they did is beyond me and reason.

I'm not sure how many of the vast majority of Scots will remain reasonable given the state of affairs now.