hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve not really saw many the marvel films, Iíve seen bits of pieces of a few of them though.

I liked both Guardians of The Galaxy films.

If I wanted to watch this new Endgame film, do I need to watch a load of other films first to know whatís going on?
    I've watched them all and I've still no idea what's going on. 😁
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

What I mean though, is it like Lord of The Rings? In that it's one story split over a few films? Or is it like James Bond, and you can just watch them whenever?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    If I wanted to watch this new Endgame film, do I need to watch a load of other films first to know whatís going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What I mean though, is it like Lord of The Rings? In that it's one story split over a few films? Or is it like James Bond, and you can just watch them whenever?
    I'd suggest it would be difficult to follow if you hadn't seen a fair amount of the other movies in the franchise. I started off as a bit of fan-boy when Iron Man came out, I then watched most of the Avenger movies but started to wain by the time Thor:Ragnarok & Black Panther came out. I sat in the cinema watching Infinity War wondering what the heck was going on and found the plot to be all over the place (probably due to the number of high profile cast/characters).
    Afterwards, my wife and daughter walked me through it, just.
    I seen Captain Marvel last month and it sets up nicely for Endgame, but that's not the end, oh-no, new Spiderman is coming out afterwards which I found difficult to comprehend (at first,,,,then I remembered it's all fiction ).

There are multiple stand alone stories but they all exist in the same universe. You probably need to watch about 10 films over and above the Guardians ones for the new film to make sense

Iron Man 1&2
    Thor
    Avengers
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Avengers Age of Ultron
    Captain America: Civil War
    Dr Strange
    Black Panther
    Avengers Infiny War

Youíve got 3 weeks, plenty time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Where you getting them for the 24th late night showing? I just logged on and booked mine for 5.45 on the 25th and took under 2 minutes
    It was the Thursday showing I wanted, so youíre right, probably didnít need to wait in the queue.

The Vue website was actually decent though, gave a pretty accurate estimate of how long itíd take. And you could leave the page without losing your place. Wish our ticketmaster operation was as straightforward!