hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL 2018/19?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liverpool

39 46.99%
  • Man City

36 43.37%
  • Spurs

6 7.23%
  • Chelsea

1 1.20%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Man Utd

1 1.20%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who is going to win the English Premier League?

Who's going to win the EPL?

Liverpool - the unbeaten leaders. However, the BBC showed at stat that in the past 10-15 years that the leader at Christmas has always gone on to win the title apart from on two occasions. On those two occasions, that team who lost out was Liverpool.

Man City (4 points behind) - playing great football, but do they have the resilience that Liverpool seem to have discovered this year.

Spurs (6 points behind) - great to watch, but they seem to be reliant on three or four key players, one of which they'll lose for the Asian Cup.

Chelsea & Arsenal (both 11 points behind) - have they got it to go on that long unbeaten run, which will mean beating the top three teams as well.

Man United - Too far (19 points) behind, but what will the Solskjaer effect be?

That's the current top six, the winners IMO will come from the top three.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I voted Liverpool, but it's difficult to choose between the top three. All great sides, great to watch.

Up until very recently I was very much in the confident city camp. Now I think either them or Liverpool (who must be getting close to favourites)... still more than happy to discount Spurs.. and everyone else for that matter.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Spurs and based on their performance on Sunday I've voted for them.

Spurs won't win it. Liverpool or City.

I like the humourous inclusion of Man Yoo in the poll

Still can't see Liverpool doing it. I think they'll dip second half.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still can't see Liverpool doing it. I think they'll dip second half.
    Don’t know why but when you say that I just think of Newcastle signing Tino Asprilla to help them see out the league.

Think he was quite a good player but did he not totally disrupt the balance of the side?

Bravest thing Klopp could do would probably be to sign nobody and go with what he’s got till the end of the season but rarely seems to happen these days.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spurs have had their best start to a season since 1961.

The 2nd half of the season is usually much better than the first half for them. They’re a decent outside bet.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Who's going to win the EPL?

Liverpool - the unbeaten leaders. However, the BBC showed at stat that in the past 10-15 years that the leader at Christmas has always gone on to win the title apart from on two occasions. On those two occasions, that team who lost out was Liverpool.

Man City (4 points behind) - playing great football, but do they have the resilience that Liverpool seem to have discovered this year.

Spurs (6 points behind) - great to watch, but they seem to be reliant on three or four key players, one of which they'll lose for the Asian Cup.

Chelsea & Arsenal (both 11 points behind) - have they got it to go on that long unbeaten run, which will mean beating the top three teams as well.

Man United - Too far (19 points) behind, but what will the Solskjaer effect be?

That's the current top six, the winners IMO will come from the top three.
    I think that could be said for all the teams, particularly Liverpool. If they lost Salah and Van Dijk it be a completely different story. If Chelsea lost Hazard they’d drop like a stone. Arsenal are massively reliant on Aubamayang. The only team I think that aren’t are City.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think City will win it. Spurs are highly under rated. OP mentions they rely on 3 or 4 players, they comfortably rotate their squad with similar quality players in every position. They will win a trophy this season.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I still think City but I’m not a mile off changing my mind to Liverpool.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I think that could be said for all the teams, particularly Liverpool. If they lost Salah and Van Dijk it be a completely different story. If Chelsea lost Hazard they’d drop like a stone. Arsenal are massively reliant on Aubamayang. The only team I think that aren’t are City.
    I agree

If Liverpool can avoid slipping up in the run in then I think it's theirs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool winning it. They play great stuff and were the top team in my youth. They've gone a long time without winning it.

Arsenal aren't that reliant on Aubameyang. They generally play better when Lacazette plays instead or with him. Ozil is the one they miss when he's not there, he's the only creativity they have.

Yes - agree. Thought that as I was typing it, but still didn't correct it. You could argue that Liverpool losing Salah would be a bigger loss than Spurs losing Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If Liverpool can avoid slipping up in the run in then I think it's theirs.
    I seem to recall Liverpool slipping up in the past, but can't recall which player it was who slipped up.

The upcoming Liverpool City game will be a big one, a 7 point gap would be a big one even for City. A win for City and Spurs the same weekend would close things up nicely.

Don’t think Spurs have the squad depth to go the distance. Which out of Liverpool and City do it may well depend on how far they go in the Champions League.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I seem to recall Liverpool slipping up in the past, but can't recall which player it was who slipped up.
    Andy Halliday? Or did he play for someone else?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    ​Would love Spurs to do it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    The upcoming Liverpool City game will be a big one, a 7 point gap would be a big one even for City. A win for City and Spurs the same weekend would close things up nicely.

Don’t think Spurs have the squad depth to go the distance. Which out of Liverpool and City do it may well depend on how far they go in the Champions League.
    Looking at spurs players who didn’t start last night

Defence- Aurier, Vertonghen, Rose, Foyth

Midfield- Dembele, Dier, Wanyama

Attack- Lucas, Lamela, Llorente

Wouldn’t say squad depth is a huge issue. They have played 9 games in the last 4 weeks and have changed their team repetitively around this still pulling out amazing results like wins over Chelsea, Inter, Arsenal and drawing away to Barcelona
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 24-12-2018 at 01:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Man City. Really can’t see past them and their squad.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Spurs obviously 🙄.... GGTH

Liverpool looking ominous, city still very dangerous, almost too close to call. Champions league progress may be a factor. I think Liverpool will edge it, but still a long way to go, and a winter transfer window that will have an effect too. If Liverpool can add 1 or 2 to compliment what’s already there, or city finding a player or system that allows them to rest Fernandinho without the drop off they have when he’s not there, either of those scenarios could play a big part yet.

spurs I think will not be able to catch either of them, I think moving to their new stadium will have a natural disruption to their season and comfort levels, the Man Utd - pochettino links aren’t going to go away, possibly one or two players eyeing the exit door as well.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    this will be the season of the L's in the english footy leagues

Liverpool
    Leeds
    Luton
    Lincoln

i'm tellin yi

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I like the humourous inclusion of Man Yoo in the poll
    I couldn't resist it

I think the winner will be decided by Liverpool's trip to Man City. Might even watch that one.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I still think City will do it. Huge game when Liverpool go to the Empithad at new year.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Too many people getting carried away with man city. Liverpool are stronger defensively and should Allison and van dyck stay fit I think they will win the title. I think a few teams have sussed City now. Spurs are on a roll but it will take some effort to take seven more points than Liverpool but I'd love to see them win it as they are a joy to watch and we're awesome v Everton especially the sixth goal.

Spurs. Hurrah!