hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

Neil Lennon aka Jose mourinho

I start to wonder if we have a similar situation at Easter road as man utd had .
    It is clear as day something is not right from the unexplained press conferences being missed to sometimes Bizarre team selections .
    Slaughtering players in the press is not something that will help you as a manager more strange behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I would tend to agree regarding the slaughtering of the players. I’ve just watched an episode of the Sunderland programme on Netflix though where Aiden McGeady was having a go at Chris Coleman’s management style. Maybe players like being slaughtered by a manager in tough times? McGeady certainly gave that impression

@hibs.net private member
    I think there are more similarities than some on here would like to admit. I really hope Neil turns it around but if I was a betting man I don't think he'll be here come summer.

Basing this on no inside knowledge whatsoever but I think he's lost the confidence of the players (or a number of them at least). I'm not sure if there is stuff going on behind the scenes but something's just doesn't seem right at the club.

You can shout or you can be calm but you must be clear. For me the message is very mixed from Lennon just now, different formations, team selections. What is actually Neil Lennon style?

there are inidivuduals performing but the team unit is not there. If we are really honest it was the same last year. We are actually only a couple of points off last years total. Others just have more points.

I dont get get the call out of Maclaren, gives the guy Ten mins here and there.

Id like to see a set style or formation with players switching in and out as injuries arise

Didn’t understand 3 cleans sheets on the trot with a back four and we change it to a back three. Result goal conceaded. I know being a manager ain’t easy but 3 clean sheets in this league is a decent run. Why change that.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn’t understand 3 cleans sheets on the trot with a back four and we change it to a back three. Result goal conceaded. I know being a manager ain’t easy but 3 clean sheets in this league is a decent run. Why change that.
    I think he thought he could change it and get away with it with us being at home to Livi. It could've been a different game, Boyle could've scored in the first half, Kamberi could have scored a pen, keeper made a good save from a Kamberi header etc etc

We didn't get the rub of the green and BBC have highlighted that their goalie was man of the match.

Our perceived "lesser" opponents raise their game against us like we do against Celtic. We have to be stronger mentally, that team should have been good enough today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Maybes him and Parker just working their ticket?

Did you see the smile on Jose’s face when being driven away from the Training Ground?

Agree defence was superb v rangers/Celtic bring in mcgregor and it’s a back 3. All out of shape.

This is Lennons team, any issues are with him and he has to accept responsibility not blaming it on a 23 yr old striker.

He has to be careful public slagging if players is not the way to earn respect in the modern game. I just hope he knows what he’s doing as Kamberi is our only striker.

If we are to rely on shaw and Allan for rest of season we are in trouble.

We simply must sign a striker in January. And if we can get him Scott Allan

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Did you see the smile on Jose’s face when being driven away from the Training Ground?
    Have to say my thoughts as well

I literally just text this to my mates 15 mins ago. It's worryingly similar

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Agree defence was superb v rangers/Celtic bring in mcgregor and it’s a back 3. All out of shape.

This is Lennons team, any issues are with him and he has to accept responsibility not blaming it on a 23 yr old striker.

He has to be careful public slagging if players is not the way to earn respect in the modern game. I just hope he knows what he’s doing as Kamberi is our only striker.

If we are to rely on shaw and Allan for rest of season we are in trouble.

We simply must sign a striker in January. And if we can get him Scott Allan
    Again agree mcgregor who has been tremendous since he came to hibs has looked average at best when played but more importantly has made the defence look jittery.

Not a fan of a back three unless your midfield is full of great players .
    Back four is best and works for hibs as you say why change it

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I start to wonder if we have a similar situation at Easter road as man utd had .
    It is clear as day something is not right from the unexplained press conferences being missed to sometimes Bizarre team selections .
    Slaughtering players in the press is not something that will help you as a manager more strange behaviour.

You've been questioning Lennon's behaviour for the past 2 years & that's not a dig,I find your views pretty consistent.

Not a fan of a back three unless your midfield is full of great players .
    Back four is best and works for hibs as you say why change it

I think the three at the back has been a problem in some of our matches this season I don't think it was the problem yesterday it's our non existent midfield, the first half they didn't have a scooby who they were meant to be marking and when they had the ball there is very little understanding of each other's game, the amount of stray passes is shocking.

Don't be daft. Lennon won't be on a multi million pound contract and he hardly needs the money nor the grief that goes with the job. If he wanted to leave he would have left by now.

Wonder if Flo might put in a wee transfer request, being called out publicly twice now may gave him thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Don't be daft. Lennon won't be on a multi million pound contract and he hardly needs the money nor the grief that goes with the job. If he wanted to leave he would have left by now.
    I know but seems to be going the right way about it !

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Wonder if Flo might put in a wee transfer request, being called out publicly twice now may gave him thinking.
    He supposedly has a chronic injury that needs surgery, so maybe that will deter potential suitors?

If Flo is in anyway taking the piss then **** him. Otherwise WTF is going on.

Apparently Lenny has told Kamberi to get his act together or he is selling him in January his penalty attempt was pathetic

Source: Daily Record and Scotland on Sunday online

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    He supposedly has a chronic injury that needs surgery, so maybe that will deter potential suitors?

If Flo is in anyway taking the piss then **** him. Otherwise WTF is going on.
    Surley not how could you play at all if it was chronic .
    That makes know sense to lennon's slaughtering of him

Apparently Lenny has told Kamberi to get his act together or he is selling him in January his penalty attempt was pathetic

Source: Daily Record and Scotland on Sunday online
    Maybe that's the plan get some money to fund other players

Testimonial Due
    could be preparing us for Kamberi Allan swap in the New year ? Also I would think that the comments from Lennon suggest we already have another striker ready to come in .

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Surley not how could you play at all if it was chronic .
    That makes know sense to lennon's slaughtering of him

There has been an on-going point made on here that Flo has an injury issue that needs attention. I’ve said before that fans would be surprised to know how many players carry chronic injuries, obviously to varying degrees.

Lennon’s slaughtering makes no sense anyway, as does he his decision to remove Shaw and not sub Allan.

Much as I’m a fan of Lennon, the doubts are back. I wonder if he is man enough to attempt some critique of his own performance and decision making, evaluating the impact of his tactics, signings, team selections and man management? I have never heard anything from him about that.

Whatever is going on, Lennon should keep quiet in public. He’s not doing himself or the players any favours.

Equally, if his heart isn’t in it, then he should step back.

I doubt slaughtering the player publicly for lack of effort would increase the players value.

Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    could be preparing us for Kamberi Allan swap in the New year ? Also I would think that the comments from Lennon suggest we already have another striker ready to come in .
    Never thought of that

A Celtic reserve with 6 months on his contract for our best striker with years on his. Absolutely not. Lennon can go if he wants to do that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    You've been questioning Lennon's behaviour for the past 2 years & that's not a dig,I find your views pretty consistent.
    Sorry but if you think Lennons behaviour of late has been normal mate I beg to disagree?? Not talking to the press, publicly slagging our main and only decent striker consistently and his bizarre "Lennon bingo" team selections. I admire the guy massively but something is not right at the moment and his signings have been pretty poor in the main other than last Jan

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar

My thoughts exactly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    A Celtic reserve with 6 months on his contract for our best striker with years on his. Absolutely not. Lennon can go if he wants to do that deal.
    He’s not even that.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    You realise that you've just created another Hibs.net FACT?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!