hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ollie shaw

Ollie shaw

Hasn't improved one bit.pretty sure will get the Ltyf for saying this.get rid of him.hes just pish. Offers nowt.

2. Log in to remove the advert

What does Ltyf stand for?

Shaws done ok. Wouldn’t write him off just yet. Still young remember.

You're not a yam, just clueless. Which is fine. Someone has to make the rest of us look good.

Shaw is a talent. 2 important goals recently, assist Vs Celtic. Only played 45 minutes today.

First Team Breakthrough
    ollie needs a run of games.he is almost there very very exciting prospect.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're not a yam, just clueless. Which is fine. Someone has to make the rest of us look good.

Shaw is a talent. 2 important goals recently, assist Vs Celtic. Only played 45 minutes today.
    Shaw maybe a talent in your opinion. Hibernian have to be aiming and looking at a higher calibre right now tho. We don’t have the opportunity to sit back and play Ollie on the hope he will succeed. Mediocrity is not acceptable where we want to be. If that’s the ambition of our current board then it doesn’t match the manager - he will walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Shaw maybe a talent in your opinion. Hibernian have to be aiming and looking at a higher calibre right now tho. We don’t have the opportunity to sit back and play Ollie on the hope he will succeed. Mediocrity is not acceptable where we want to be. If that’s the ambition of our current board then it doesn’t match the manager - he will walk.
    But our manager is the one picking Shaw mate, not me. He's a talent in Neil Lennons opinion.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    But our manager is the one picking Shaw mate, not me. He's a talent in Neil Lennons opinion.

Not true. He is definitely on his last legs at Hibernian FC if you know any of the players regarding his attitude. He will be at a championship club this time next year.

@hibs.net private member
    Not good enough today, but better than Allan. How Lennon continued with Allan in the 2nd half is beyond me. Will Shaw be a success, time will tell, but he has to impose himself for 90 mins more. Yes he has contributed quite a lot recently but over a 90 minute game he has to do more.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    At best he will be a career ‘sub striker’ imo. The kind of guy that will get 6 or 7 goals a season but never really threaten to get alot more.

Allan might be the least threatening forward I’ve seen in a long time. I’ve no doubt in my mind he won’t score a first team goal any time soon.

If you take the blinkers off, he actually offers more than Maclaren. Scored more goals this year and does more off the ball. The BIGGEST issue is not with Shaw. A young development players shouldn't have all that weight on his shoulders. The problem was starting the season with ****ing three forwards. Two first team players and a youngster. A team that has aspirations of cup runs and challenging for Europe does NOT start the season with such a bare thread squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Not true. He is definitely on his last legs at Hibernian FC if you know any of the players regarding his attitude. He will be at a championship club this time next year.
    What part wasn’t true in what MW said.. Neil Lennon doesn’t think he’s a talent?

What Shaw and Allan have to learn, and quickly, is that you get zero time on the ball at this level. First touch and awareness of those around you are crucial. Ollie has shown he can operate in this league in patches. Allan looked like a lost boy yesterday and for me needs to be bled into the team sparingly. He shouldn't have been starting , too much weight on a young boys shoulders, rather bleed him in via substitute appearances

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Shaw and Allan both remind me of Danny Handling in that they seem almost apologetic for being on the park, they seem content to try and control it, pass it back 10 yards and be content they’ve not lost the ball. Lennon went nuts at Shaw yesterday for doing that when he could have turned and had a shot.

Imo neither have the spark or that bit of something special to make the step up.

I wasn’t always Cummings biggest fan but watching him break through, even when he wasn’t scoring, was night and day to these two.

Not currently good enough.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IDHibs View Post
    What Shaw and Allan have to learn, and quickly, is that you get zero time on the ball at this level. First touch and awareness of those around you are crucial. Ollie has shown he can operate in this league in patches. Allan looked like a lost boy yesterday and for me needs to be bled into the team sparingly. He shouldn't have been starting , too much weight on a young boys shoulders, rather bleed him in via substitute appearances
    Allan isn’t a young boy. He’s 22, a year younger than Flo. He simply isn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Allan isn’t a young boy. He’s 22, a year younger than Flo. He simply isn’t good enough.
    Certainly young in terms of first team experience and it showed yesterday. Maybe he won't cut the mustard, i don't know, but i stand by what i said in as much as the responsibility heaped on him and Shaw yesterday didn't help their cause one little bit.

I feel sorry for Shaw. He seems to be lacking confidence. He’d benefit from playing with a Grant Holt type or even a Kenny Miller type, someone with experience who’ll put an arm around him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    You’ve just served a large portion of single fish.

Shaw may not currently be good enough and he may not make the grade in the end, but there’s nowt wrong with his attitude

Have a word.
    Last edited by judas; 23-12-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Lennon chose to keep him on another year but on yesterday's showing Its hard to see how we could justify giving him another extension to his contract Maybe it was a big ask yesterday to throw him in ibut that's was his chance to shine and I do t think he did enough Next Season will. be a big one for Ollie He has shown he can score at this level and he now needs to keep working on his game seeking to improve

I'm a bit conflicted with Shaw. There are times I think he's 'got it' and is going to be a star for us and others when I think his next club won't be at a comparable level to Hibs, and I don't mean he'll be moving upwards.

He's at a bit of a crossroads at the moment and he needs to kick on and start showing the good stuff more consistently. He strikes me as being one who could be a bit like Tam McManus; here for years, long spells of being average, a few flashes of brilliance then a journeyman career awaits. Equally in the good spells I think he could be far better than that.

Time will tell I suppose.

Shaw at the moment in time is not good enough to be a starting striker for Hibs. He may over time improve but my instinct with him is that he will spend most of his career in the Championship.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Hasn't improved one bit.pretty sure will get the Ltyf for saying this.get rid of him.hes just pish. Offers nowt.
    Think he needs a loan spell in the Championship for the rest of the season.
    Playing regularly,would score goals,and really helpful for him.
    Last edited by Ryan69; 23-12-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm a bit conflicted with Shaw. There are times I think he's 'got it' and is going to be a star for us and others when I think his next club won't be at a comparable level to Hibs, and I don't mean he'll be moving upwards.

He's at a bit of a crossroads at the moment and he needs to kick on and start showing the good stuff more consistently. He strikes me as being one who could be a bit like Tam McManus; here for years, long spells of being average, a few flashes of brilliance then a journeyman career awaits. Equally in the good spells I think he could be far better than that.

Time will tell I suppose.
    That's my thoughts as well. I think at this moment in his career that he's best used coming on for the last twenty minutes. Not starting with another who's only played three or four senior games for Hibs.

Needs to work on his upper strength, but I like him, he will be a big player in a year. Unfortunately we need big players now
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Am I the only one who was surprised Shaw came off instead of Allan?

I actually think Shaw has improved recently and his half turn and shot showed what he’s all about.

He’s a natural finisher and while he could have scored against Rangers he still is improving and agreed needs experience alongside him. He issue is Flo isn’t playing well and isn’t exactly experienced - Grant Holt would be the perfect player.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOsCheerios View Post
    What does Ltyf stand for?

Shaws done ok. Wouldn’t write him off just yet. Still young remember.
    Isnt he same age as Kamberi? Our academy players seem to stay young for about 10 years.

Our starting strike force yesterday wouldn't look out of place in the Championship.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Folk give our academy players so much leeway. If MacLaren had put in a performance like Shaw/Allan yesterday there would be a huge thread already detailing his number of touches and how ***** he was.

Lewis Allan is a League Two striker at best. Shaw, while he’s scored some tap ins he’s clearly nowhere near good enough.

Lennon made a massive mistake starting with that team yesterday. The subs, mainly Horgan, saved us a point.

Folk give our academy players so much leeway. If MacLaren had put in a performance like Shaw/Allan yesterday there would be a huge thread already detailing his number of touches and how ***** he was.

Lennon made a massive mistake starting with that team yesterday.
    Lennon was obviously unhappy with our senior players, took a chance, it didn't pan out well.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Our starting strike force yesterday wouldn't look out of place in the Championship.
    That stating strike force is not even good enough for the Championship. After spending 3 seasons down there I think we would all be a bit worried if we were relying on them two as a main strike force to get us promoted!