hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Greg Aitken - Today’s Ref

We last saw Greg Aitken referee (and I use the term lightly!) when Dundee visited Easter Road and left with a point. He killed that game with his ineptitude and today’s performance shows he is just as rubbish as the rest of them!!

When are we going to take a stand against the officials in our country??

I’m sick of leaving matches, win, lose or draw, with the ability to pass negative comment on the officials performances!
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 23-12-2018 at 04:15 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We last saw Greg Aitken referee (and I use the term lightly!) when Dundee visited Easter Riad and left with a point. He killed that game with his ineptitude and today’s performance shows he is just as rubbish as the rest of them!!

I’m sick of leaving matches, win, lose or draw, with the ablbility to pass negative comment on the officials performances!
    Was he not the ref at a game at Easter Road a few weeks ago?

Left by mutual consent!
    The standard of refereeing in Scotland was summed up today when we had a man offside, but Livi were allowed to take the free kick in our half.

Abysmal officials

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    The standard of refereeing in Scotland was summed up today when we had a man offside, but Livi were allowed to take the free kick in our half.

Abysmal officials
    It's happened before.

He ran from an offside position, but only became active when he played the ball in his own half. Therefore the free kick is awarded where he became active. Correct decision IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Was he not the ref at a game at Easter Road a few weeks ago?
    Yes... the Dundee game, 2-2... I did start my post with that fact?

Abysmal officials
    Actually, the rules now state that the free kick is taken from where the offside player touches the ball, this has been discussed and debated to death in the past. Allan was coming from an offside position and. Touched the ball in our half... one they actually got right!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes... the Dundee game, 2-2... I did start my post with that fact?

Actually, the rules now state that the free kick is taken from where the offside player touches the ball, this has been discussed and debated to death in the past. Allan was coming from an offside position and. Touched the ball in our half... one they actually got right!!!
    Oh I wasn’t aware of that rule, my bad.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

Abysmal officials
    I really enjoyed how many in the stand thought the same. Happened against Motherwell last season too.

Thought the ref done fine.
    Mon the Hibs.

By way of context, the performance of the referee was no worse than the performance of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's happened before.

He ran from an offside position, but only became active when he played the ball in his own half. Therefore the free kick is awarded where he became active. Correct decision IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Folk were going mental about it too. As well as when Porteous injured their player and got booked and their player didn't go off despite not needing to.

Ridiculous how little some people know.

@hibs.net private member

Abysmal officials
    That is more about most football fans not knowing the riules. The referee could have got them to take it closer to the Hibs goal as that was where Lewis A became active. The referee wasn't a problem today. He missed a few fouls and let them fool him a few times with the odd dive but he performed so much better than most of our players and our manager in terms of decision making

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    We lost.

Of course there’s a thread on here blaming the ref.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    We lost.

I think we actually drew pal

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    The ref was shocking today

Let livi away with murder

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Felt like a defeat. Point still stands.

The referee was poor but so were Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    We lost.

I don’t think the ref had anything to do with the result, but he was terrible either way!

I thought the ref was pretty good today. No big mistakes, a bit stuffy but then it was a bit of a scrappy midfield game so he was only calling what was in front of him

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thought he had a shocker but no sour grapes we did not do enough to break them down and you certainly cannot miss penalties against teams like Livvy

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    The ref was shocking today

Let livi away with murder
    He let both sides get away with some physical challenges.

I didn't think he was any good but he was at least consistent with his decisions.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

We last saw Greg Aitken referee (and I use the term lightly!) when Dundee visited Easter Road and left with a point. He killed that game with his ineptitude and today’s performance shows he is just as rubbish as the rest of them!!

I’m sick of leaving matches, win, lose or draw, with the ablbility to pass negative comment on the officials performances!
    Genuine question - how would that be accomplished?

The answer lies in the hands of all those who are young enough to have a refereeing career - go pass the exams and give us all something better than what we currently have....

We lost.

Nail on head ! If anyone looks at that game and decides the reason we didn’t win was the officials, then they are barely in touch with reality. We haven’t been on it properly all season due to being decimated with injuries leading to some very ordinary and disjointed performances. Factor in some really poor individual games from players we hoped would have us challenging (see Lennon’s post match comments) and there are the two biggest problems, an unsettled side and underperforming players, so to somehow look to put this on Referees is ridiculous.

Interesting. Please show me where the OP said it was the ref’s fault we didn’t win today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Genuine question - how would that be accomplished?

The answer lies in the hands of all those who are young enough to have a refereeing career - go pass the exams and give us all something better than what we currently have....
    I used to think the answer was full time professionals but, dare I say it, Levein was right in saying the only way to improve that side of our game in Scotland is VAR.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Nail on head ! If anyone looks at that game and decides the reason we didn’t win was the officials, then they are barely in touch with reality. We haven’t been on it properly all season due to being decimated with injuries leading to some very ordinary and disjointed performances. Factor in some really poor individual games from players we hoped would have us challenging (see Lennon’s post match comments) and there are the two biggest problems, an unsettled side and underperforming players, so to somehow look to put this on Referees is ridiculous.
    Re-read OP and you will not find any comment that suggests we drew today due to the ref.

Despite the result, and I said this in opening, win, lose or draw this year the refs have been poor!

The refs assistants as they are called these days are nothing but sign posts operated by the man in the middle as well.... absolutely pointless!

Someone mentioned consistency even when poor... that’s just ridiculous to say at least he was consistent in his poor performance!!

Rangers have down the right thing in standing up against one particular referee, the rest of the club’s in the top flight should support them.

I think every manager has had cause to mention the performances of the officials this season, and some poor decisions have cost some their jobs.

Too many of our officials think the game up here is their opportunity for fame or infamy.

Needs. To. Stop.