hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Milligan, Slivka and Hyndman.

Most ineffective midfield trio since Butcher/Fenlon days. Absolutely dreadful. We need quality in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hyndman doesn't get any support at all. He's trying to do it all on his own most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hyndman doesn't get any support at all. He's trying to do it all on his own most of the time.
    His first touch is dreadful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    His first touch is dreadful though.

I disagree, today it was a bit off but generally it is good. He didn't have the best of games today but he was very good in the last 2 games.
    Last edited by SChibs; 22-12-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I disagree, today it was a bit off but generally it is good. He didn't have the best of games today but he was very good in the last w games.
    rubbish.

he was honking and his first touch an embarrassment today.

him and shaw have played themselves out of contention

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    rubbish.

he was honking and his first touch an embarrassment today.

him and shaw have played themselves out of contention
    In the post you quoted I said his first touch was off today...

Most ineffective midfield trio since Butcher/Fenlon days. Absolutely dreadful. We need quality in January.

Hyndman and Slivka were fine today. Slivka in particular was the only bit of energy we had in midfield. Milligan should be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hyndman and Slivka were fine today. Slivka in particular was the only bit of energy we had in midfield. Milligan should be improved upon.
    I agree, I'm not sure if Milligan is being asked to do too much. He looked great to start with when all his job seemed to be was to break up play and move the ball on. He looks like he's being told to play more of a Mcgeouch role recently.

Left by mutual consent!
    Agree with the OP, all three aren’t good enough for me. If you like your Hibs team to be totally average then you’ll probably disagree.

Slivka was solid. Other 2 awful today.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Slivka was solid. Other 2 awful today.
    Agree, I think it's a fitness issue with Hyndman as he put in so much work in the last 2 games after being out for a while.

I think thats Milligan's twin brother they sent back from the last Australia game.

Thought Slivka had a decent game , Milligan wasnt great but wasnt exactly that bad either . Hyndman .. just wasnt happening for him . Boyle only came to life in the last 20 minutes and Horgan was lively when he came on , good assist too .

Slivka looked the only footballer in the midfield today. **** knows what Milligan is meant to be. Floats about doing nothing

Slivka at least tried to do something. He was poor, but he was the only one that tried to play with a bit tempo.

Hyndman just had a really bad game. Milligan now just looks bad, full stop. All he did was pass the ball to a centre half.

Missed Mallan today. Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.

Blog Entries
    On ‘Open all mikes’, Michael Stewart described Hyndman today as ‘rank rotten’. A bit severe when some on here said he was not too bad.

I agree Hyndman looks the best out the three but it’s likely him that will have to move on if we are to get quality in as the other two are under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    On ‘Open all mikes’, Michael Stewart described Hyndman today as ‘rank rotten’. A bit severe when some on here said he was not too bad.
    I think it’s a fair description. None of the three were capable of holding on to the ball.

I agree Hyndman looks the best out the three but it’s likely him that will have to move on if we are to get quality in as the other two are under contract.

Slivka is much the best of the 3. Mental to think otherwise.

Not harsh in the slightest. He lost the ball virtually every time he had it. We know he can do better but does he care enough?

Milligan is just a poor player. Would be a fine reserve CB but he shouldn’t get near a midfield role again. Influences nothing going either way.

Slivka was average today. We need to persist with him and he has the ability but he needs to be dominating these games.

@hibs.net private member
    I like Hyndman but rank rotten was a fair description of him today. Milligan was pretty anonymous and Slivka did OK but nothing special. We are just fairly average and not particularly motivated or organised. Hyndman made a nice wee run early in the game took a nice touch looked one way, looked another, twisted, turned and every other player watched as he ran out of ideas and lost possession. Anyone who has played football at any level knows being in possession is so much easier if you mates help you out by dragging defenders away to create lanes for passing. We are like statues and the only time that changed was when MacLaren came on, why so late, and he started moving defenders about.

Slivka played ok, Hyndman was awful and Milligan did nothing wrong but what does he contribute, I'd rather have Bartley

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    So depressing thinking of our midfield now when you remember what we had just last season.

I think his description is spot on. Hyndman was powder puff, knocked off the ball numerous times, didn't have any influence or presence where we needed it. Yes, at times he looks tidy on the ball but his performance today along with a few others was 'rank rotten'.

He may have looked a better player playing along side McGinn an McGeouch in a midfield from last season which slightly worries me that maybe SA if secured in January will also fall a bit short due to the same reason!!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I think his description is spot on. Hyndman was powder puff, knocked off the ball numerous times, didn't have any influence or presence where we needed it. Yes, at times he looks tidy on the ball but his performance today along with a few others was 'rank rotten'.

He may have looked a better player playing along side McGinn an McGeouch in a midfield from last season which slightly worries me that maybe SA if secured in January will also fall a bit short due to the same reason!!
    Scott Allan managed fine his first time here.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by 07BigD View Post
    Slivka played ok, Hyndman was awful and Milligan did nothing wrong but what does he contribute, I'd rather have Bartley

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Bartley is injured and won’t be back any time soon

Personally I’m just not convinced at all by Hyndman or Milligan.

If they were playing against us would you be bothered by them in the slightest? I would doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Missed Mallan today. Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.
    Says it all. They were THAT bad

Slivka had another very good game, I thought. Hyndman didn't, and for an obviously talented footballer just doesn't create enough. He doesn't seem to have the strength or pace to get away from a man, and when he loses the ball he fouls his opponent rather than winning it back.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Both Slivka and Hyndman are good players with soft centres and neither of them are blessed with any pace.

I'll not be bothered in the slightest if they're replaced in the January window.