hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

players at risk of the cut in January

Not a witch hunt against any players as I am sure every one of them does their best. However, I think there will be some movement in January. Wonder what every one else thinks...

Laid law. ...heard he had a meeting with Lennon on Monday. Could be a wage freed up?

Mavrias.....not shown enough to have an extension I would have thought.

Nelom.....if we can move him out that would free up a wage. He can't displace Stevenson and isn't even preferred to Mackie so would imagine his days could be numbered one way or another.

Agyepong.....it's a shame, but if there is an option to send him back to Man City it should be taken as the poor guy obviously just can't get himself to first team ready status at this point in his career

MacLaren. ....ddifficult one. Can obviously score goals and I hope he is just being eased into things, but some may think he could be sent bak to Germany early?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Five days away from the Christmas and here we are on .net with more negative crap. What's that? Just starting an honest debate you say? Ok then......

Gies peace FFS....

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Five days away from the Christmas and here we are on .net with more negative crap. What's that? Just starting an honest debate you say? Ok then......

Gies peace FFS....
    Don't see anything wrong with the thread at all.

Gies peace FFS....
    It’s only negative if you choose to perceive it that way.

Last January we got rid of our two top goal scorers to free up wages and that didn’t turn out too badly did it?

The OP raises a valid point and none of the players mentioned have really contributed for various reasons so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they did go to make way for players who will contribute.

Gies peace FFS....
    It's a football message board and the transfer window opens in 11 days, nowt wrong with this thread. Only one of those named I'd be sad to see go is agyepong but if he can't get fit there's no point keeping him.

Can we have a thread to ditch the useless posters on here?

Gies peace FFS....
    Nae bother HappyHarry

From the OP's list I home that Laidlaw can get fixed up with something decent.
    He has done well when called upon so deserves to catch a wave

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by famous fiver View Post
    can we have a thread to ditch the useless posters on here?
    this

Left by mutual consent!
    Decent opening post asking for a discussion about something that is 100% going to happen.The only possible negative conotations could be discussing players who have a solid chance of staying.
    For me Agyepong may reluctantly be returned

@hibs.net private member
    Laidlaw will depend on what Rocky's injury is like surely. The other players have offered little due to not being able to break into the squad through injury or ability. MacLaren is a ddifficult one but without knowing the injury we are speculating. Based on the first half of the season our money would be better spent elsewhere.

Left by mutual consent!

Gies peace FFS....
    Maybe people should clear it with you before making a thread.

Dont see whats wrong with it.

Deciding what happens with these players shapens up how the January window will go for us.

Give everyone lifetime contracts, build a statue of Lennon, call for Leeann to be canonised and ensure Rod has a lifetime supply of 'tache wax.

Anything else is just needless negativity and you should be thoroughly ashamed. It's near Christmas as well which is somehow relevant.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Nothing wrong with the thread at all. Don't remember reading anything about having to post certain things in line with the festive spirit.

There is no real point in getting rid of Laidlaw. Bogdan will probably be away at the end of the season, leaving Laidlaw and Rocky. If we let him go now we'll just have to sign someone else. Might as well keep the solid back up we've got.

Agyepong probably has to go sadly. Nelon as well. Mavrias deserves more of a chance IMO, think he could be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Nothing wrong with the thread at all. Don't remember reading anything about having to post certain things in line with the festive spirit.

There is no real point in getting rid of Laidlaw. Bogdan will probably be away at the end of the season, leaving Laidlaw and Rocky. If we let him go now we'll just have to sign someone else. Might as well keep the solid back up we've got.

Agyepong probably has to go sadly. Nelon as well. Mavrias deserves more of a chance IMO, think he could be decent.
    I think Laidlaw has expressed a desire to leave as he said he is uncomfortable picking up a wage for doing nothing. He's injured at the moment anyway and I've no long how long he's expected to be out for.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think Laidlaw has expressed a desire to leave as he said he is uncomfortable picking up a wage for doing nothing. He's injured at the moment anyway and I've no long how long he's expected to be out for.
    I'll swap with him and he can take my job. I have no qualms about taking a wage for doing nothing

Shame really, I actually think he's a really solid goalie. Was impressed with the improvement in his distribution when he played vs County earlier in the season.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Laidlaw will depend on what Rocky's injury is like surely.
    I think that has to be right, esp given Bogdan has had his injury issues an at one stage in the first half it looked like he had a recurrence (and I note that his long range deliveries were curtailed for some time after that with Ambrose taking custody of the ball far more regularly from him). Can't imagine keeping Laidlaw until the end of the season would cost a massive amount either.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    The thread is fine. The op made a point of writing it in a way that was sensitive to the content of the thread. (IMO)

Doesn’t even come down to ability sometimes. Hyndman looks decent but he is easier to shift on than some others and it may be that we need to move some out before others arrive. Bring in Allan from Celtic.
    I would try persuade Milligan to move back to Oz if possible. He doesn’t look up to SPFL level. Spend some dough and replace him with Kamara from Dundee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dabrowski the reserve laddie from Poland is a decent keeper by all accounts, if Laidlaw goes, he'll be more than capable of filling in. Mavrias and Nelom should both move on, haven't added anything, MacLaren is a strange one but if he isn't getting quoted ahead of Shaw we may as well free up his wages for someone else, Agyepong is injury prone so no loss there. I'd say we're looking at 3-4 players for January.

Just a few weeks ago some on here wanted rid of half the team

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Laidlaw out on loan would be a good option to give him game time while retaining him as a Hibs player if we can't keep Bogdan in the summer.
    Mon the Hibs.

Decent thread and I think it would do us good to free wages up from the above players, but I’d argue that MacLaren showed enough last season to deserve a go until the end of the season.

I’d personally invest the wages in a smaller number of better players, say 2-3 guaranteed starters.

Easier said than done though, esp in January.

Only seen him once but I quite liked the look of mavrais. Has nelom played at all?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    MacLaren has to be on a sticky given a development squad player is preferred to him.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by F'Res Hibbie View Post
    Only seen him once but I quite liked the look of mavrais. Has nelom played at all?
    Nelom's played in three games so far. 6-0 and 1-0 wins v Hamilton and 3-0 loss to Kilmarnock.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    MacLaren has to be on a sticky given a development squad player is preferred to him.

Massive disapointment considering the big firore surrounding us getting him back. Shame really!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Shaw isn’t a Development player, he’s a 1st team player

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Can we have a thread to ditch the useless posters on here?
    Hehe. Could be a fun experiment but would end in carnage. We’d only spend 18 months debating the definition of “useless”.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Geniune question as it appears to have been lost in the cross fire - has he or has he not been injured?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.