hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Can't stand Calderwood. Seemed uninterested and like he was just waiting for a better opportunity to come along. Felt no connection with him whatsoever. Compared to Butcher and Fenlon there's no comparison for me. Pat put his heart and soul in to it, it was just too big for him. Butcher was hopeless but at least he wanted to be here. Calderwood was just an arrogant cock and left Fenlon with an almost impossible job on his hands.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That clown being punted was nothing to do with the fans and we if anything kept him in the job too long. Why we never took compensation for him from Birmingham (I think) was a disaster played by Petrie.
    We never got offered compensation by Birmingham. They enquired how much but never made an offer.

They obviously chose someone else.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Can't stand Calderwood. Seemed uninterested and like he was just waiting for a better opportunity to come along. Felt no connection with him whatsoever. Compared to Butcher and Fenlon there's no comparison for me. Pat put his heart and soul in to it, it was just too big for him. Butcher was hopeless but at least he wanted to be here. Calderwood was just an arrogant cock and left Fenlon with an almost impossible job on his hands.
    Met Pat in Dublin and he said there was no budget which is why he had to go for all those terrible loans.

Collins team built by Mowbray. Not very successful since he left Hibs although a good coach. Met him on a plane recently and a nice guy but spenr most of the time flirting with the air stewardesses and to my surprise eating junk food and drinks.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    We were unbelievable in that game. The most complete away performance I've seen.

5 different scorers too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/6157774.stm

Get highlights of this match on YouTube - Motherwell 1 Hibernian 6 2006. Not great quality video but great performance.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Get highlights of this match on YouTube - Motherwell 1 Hibernian 6 2006. Not great quality video but great performance.
    Just watched those highlights. I was there that day but easy to forget just how good that team was and how good Scott Brown was.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    We never got offered compensation by Birmingham. They enquired how much but never made an offer.

They obviously chose someone else.
    Not true: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/colin-calderwood-close-to-sealing-switch-1107071.amp

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Not true: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/colin-calderwood-close-to-sealing-switch-1107071.amp
    So we did turn down money for Calderclown?😩 my memory of his whole tenure is quite sketchy as it was so boring

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    You've basically word for word described how many feel about Heckingbottom IMO.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Here we go...

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I’ve never once felt that Heckingbottom is arrogant or gives off a sense of not wanting to be here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’ve never once felt that Heckingbottom is arrogant or gives off a sense of not wanting to be here.
    Maybe not as much the first bit, but there's definitely a few who feel the latter part. Hence the constant fear from some that he's about to leave for every championship team that finds themselves without a manager.

There really is no comparison, unless you have a real personal dislike for Heckingbottom. Nothing at all to suggest he isn't working his arse off and wants to be here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    There really is no comparison, unless you have a real personal dislike for Heckingbottom. Nothing at all to suggest he isn't working his arse off and wants to be here.
    There's plenty fans I've spoken to who think Hecky is uninspiring and comes across as disinterested. You only have to look at the feedback from his interview after the rangers humping to see examples.

Where did I mention my thoughts on the matter?

@hibs.net private member
    I can't open your link but I was told by Rod Petrie himself that we only had an enquiry, no offer was ever forthcoming.

I would believe him over the Daily Record.

I can't open your link but I was told by Rod Petrie himself that we only had an enquiry, no offer was ever forthcoming.

Daily Record ran with the story that every Rangers player was attacked after the cup final.

The Daily Record has run with a couple of stories this season regarding players we were interested in. Kenny Millar rubbished the transfer rumours.

I think it's safe as you say not to believe what the Record prints

There's plenty fans I've spoken to who think Hecky is uninspiring and comes across as disinterested. You only have to look at the feedback from his interview after the rangers humping to see examples.

Where did I mention my thoughts on the matter?
    When you said many how many is plenty? We have 12800 season tickets I'm sure they don't all post on. Net or social media about Hibs. I'm one of the many I know who are still behind him

@hibs.net private member
    In the current climate some "supporters" will use anything to knock the club.

The negative climate around is depressing just now.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Best performance under Collins was 6-1 away at Motherwell imo. Untouchable that day.
    was at that game and your correct we were unstoppable that day. Best display away from home I’ve seen since the tornadoes days.

How many?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Cant believe even on this thread there is someone having a pop at the current manager, but considering all his other posts I shouldnt be surprised

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Cant believe even on this thread there is someone having a pop at the current manager, but considering all his other posts I shouldnt be surprised
    Fail to see where I'm having a pop. Please enlighten me, precious.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    So we did turn down money for Calderclown?😩 my memory of his whole tenure is quite sketchy as it was so boring
    One of the worst decisions.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Fail to see where I'm having a pop. Please enlighten me, precious.
    Livi fans forums not busy tonight? So by saying that fans (dont know any personally)are feeling the same way about the current manager as one of the worst we have had in a long time isnt having a pop.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Daily Record ran with the story that every Rangers player was attacked after the cup final.

The Daily Record has run with a couple of stories this season regarding players we were interested in. Kenny Millar rubbished the transfer rumours.

I think it's safe as you say not to believe what the Record prints
    It was in all the media not just the record m8. Google is your friend.

Left by mutual consent!

Well all the media had an offer for him turned down, otherwise they wouldn’t have went elsewhere. Google Calderwood Hibs Birmingham £300k.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Well all the media had an offer for him turned down, otherwise they wouldn’t have went elsewhere. Google Calderwood Hibs Birmingham £300k.
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    What does this mean?
    Means nothing, means a member of the press reported it so other picked up on it. Just like the Doidge fee, in one of Heckingbottoms press conferences a reporter mention the £300k or £350k few we paid for Doidge, Heckingbottom laughed and asked if that's how much we paid, pretty sure we didn't pay that and Heckingbottom knows that.

I don't believe we turned down 300k for calderwood

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    What does this mean?
    It means it was widely reported by every media outlet a bud was turned down and another one was also turned down by Hibs. We should have let the boy go as soon as he made it clear he would be interested. Instead we had to sack him, pay him off and then he went regardless. They didn’t go for anyone else, they waited for Calderwood to be sacked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Means nothing, means a member of the press reported it so other picked up on it. Just like the Doidge fee, in one of Heckingbottoms press conferences a reporter mention the £300k or £350k few we paid for Doidge, Heckingbottom laughed and asked if that's how much we paid, pretty sure we didn't pay that and Heckingbottom knows that.

I don't believe we turned down 300k for calderwood
    Everyone just made it up then aye?

It might have been Forrest who never put a bid in as per Rods rant:
    https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/hibs-hands-off-calderwood
    Last edited by The 90+2; 21-08-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Livi fans forums not busy tonight? So by saying that fans (dont know any personally)are feeling the same way about the current manager as one of the worst we have had in a long time isnt having a pop.
    So to summarise the above (if indeed I've translated your post correctly), you believe me simply telling the forum what I've heard in person and read online is having a pop?

If it were my opinion I could see where you're coming from, but I've literally shared information that's out there already.

You're a touch tender about our Hecky. Do you love him? I think he has a wife..