hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Keep the Old Firm Down to Half a Stand Each

I'm serious, I don't care what the cost is. The difference between them having a full stand roaring them on and having half a stand was so noticeable. We will win more games and we will earn more money by keeping both of those horrible clubs down to half a stand each.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely.

They had a full stand last time .. we beat them all the same.

Left by mutual consent!
    Keep results coming like that and we will fill the south stand no problem. I expect to see more people go on Wednesday now

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Probably cost us a fair few bob as we sold very few in the south stand but 100% worth it. By a country mile the quietest I’ve ever heard the away stand st a Celtic game. No question a full, noisy stand helps the old firm.

Must admit when we walked in and saw hundreds of empty seats in the South, looked a bit silly. But once the game started, the effect was clear- hardly heard the plastics all game. If we keep producing performances like that then it’s worth the lost revenue.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Playing like we did today a full South of Celtic fans wouldn’t have made any difference, but playing like that today should ensure a fuller Hibs half on Wednesday. It was the quietest I’ve ever heard Celtic.

Totally agree.

l had doubts about whether now was the right time but I really enjoyed having so few of them today
    Last edited by Keith_M; 16-12-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Celtic fans were quieter than I think I’ve ever seen then. Odd.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enjoyed seeing them but not hearing them. Happy to keep their numbers down

They were halfway through “What a ***** home support” when Slivka stuck the ball in the net.

Pretty quiet after that 😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    They had a full stand last time .. we beat them all the same.

You’ve missed the point completely.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I'm serious, I don't care what the cost is. The difference between them having a full stand roaring them on and having half a stand was so noticeable. We will win more games and we will earn more money by keeping both of those horrible clubs down to half a stand each.
    I was saying this after the game. The difference is massive and it definitely played a part today. We should never change it back.

Did they actually sing a single song/chant?
    Worlds greatest fans and all that remember....

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Must admit when we walked in and saw hundreds of empty seats in the South, looked a bit silly. But once the game started, the effect was clear- hardly heard the plastics all game. If we keep producing performances like that then it’s worth the lost revenue.
    The attendance was still decent: 18k +

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    They were halfway through “What a ***** home support” when Slivka stuck the ball in the net.

Pretty quiet after that 😄😄
    That was a poetic moment. Made me laugh

as long as the Hibs support warrant it then yes keep it this way. (IE we don't go back to 10k crowds)

I know this was a poorer turn out but understandable, and still much better than it was a few years back.

I have a feeling a few more will return v Sevco. I am hoping we've turned a corner and can keep this momentum going so things can happen in January

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee=legend View Post
    Did they actually sing a single song/chant?
    Worlds greatest fans and all that remember....
    No Rosenbourg to bail them out this time 😎

@hibs.net private member
    They never got the opportunity to influence today so for me giving them half the stand is a decision that is in the balance. Not sure how much it costs but it must be around £50K. That is the difference between a younger getting a contract for a couple of years. On the other hand they could have given their team a wee lift if they had the full stand and got them playing again. Those pointsmight earn Hibs £50K at the end of teh season. It's a no brainer if we can sell most of the seats but as it is there is a difficult decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    They never got the opportunity to influence today so for me giving them half the stand is a decision that is in the balance. Not sure how much it costs but it must be around £50K. That is the difference between a younger getting a contract for a couple of years. On the other hand they could have given their team a wee lift if they had the full stand and got them playing again. Those pointsmight earn Hibs £50K at the end of teh season. It's a no brainer if we can sell most of the seats but as it is there is a difficult decision to make.
    50k?! Have a word. I'd be surprised if the loss in profit is more than 20k. A must from now on. Let's just hope the fans come back on Wednesday

They tried to get a few songs going second half but it was so quiet they got drowned out easily. Well done hibs for making the decision and hopefully we'll have more fans in the south on Wed

Left by mutual consent!
    It helped I think and there will be now more fans there on weds on the back of the result. It’s the only way the club will grown and should be applauded for having the baws to do so.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Perhaps arrange for a few restricted view posts to be installed next time too.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    To be fair, I suspect that the major factor in the silence from the South today was the fact that we scored a goal 40 seconds from kickoff...

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    50k?! Have a word. I'd be surprised if the loss in profit is more than 20k. A must from now on. Let's just hope the fans come back on Wednesday
    2,000 short of capacity, at about £25 per head sounds about right.

The thing is, there won't be nearly so many empty seats next time, not after today's result

Worst Celtic support I’ve ever heard. Hardly a song.

Agree - I would limit Celtic and Sevco to the minimal as it does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    To be fair, I suspect that the major factor in the silence from the South today was the fact that we scored a goal 40 seconds from kickoff...
    With a full stand, they would've rallied in the second half and produced a lot of noise to try and inspire their team into a comeback. It didn't happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    2000 tickets at around £25 quid and you can add the extra stewarding that is required to that. Not sure how many seats are lost purely to segregation but it will be a couple of hundred I imagine. That game is a definite sell out if we gave them the full end so I think £50K is a fair figure. It still doesn't mean it was a bad decision though. The fans need to step up to make the clubs decision easy, the club have done their bit.

Hardly heard them.

Ok the early goal probably helped but I've heard them outsing us even when trailing before. Today they couldn't get anything going and eventually just gave up. If we hit a bit form we'll sell far more in the south than we did today anyway, starting with Wednesday.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I think we need to give it more time. It will take time to build up the fan base to the point where we are selling out the south as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk