hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope. I just focussed on what you said.

So coming of the gold standard gave the central bankers the power to create money out of thin air giving them ultimate global power. Then the digital currency will finally give them complete control over personal finance?

I think first step is they say get rid of cash and those pesky bank cards. Install a convenient microchip in your hand just under the skin and never loose your cards or cash again. Instant credit on your account through the microchip etc

Then that is you fully plugged into the matrix with no escape!
    The smiley suggests that I wasn't being serious.

However, the adoption of the gold standard was almost 200 years after the first use of paper money.

The sooner we get back to barter the better. Smiley.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I find the UK so backward with the “must carry cash” society

Im sure its being phased out gradually but coming from a country the uses cards for almost any transactions (even a snickers at the corner shop) i find it strange

Strange and very inconvenient - my wallet is pulling my trousers down on occassions....and thats not because it has £100s in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So coming of the gold standard gave the central bankers the power to create money out of thin air giving them ultimate global power. Then the digital currency will finally give them complete control over personal finance?

I think first step is they say get rid of cash and those pesky bank cards. Install a convenient microchip in your hand just under the skin and never loose your cards or cash again. Instant credit on your account through the microchip etc

How do the drug dealers cope with this world?

A few of the more 'traditional' pubs on Leith Walk are still cash only. Total pain in the erse. Always suspected that it was a bit of a tax dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    How do the drug dealers cope with this world?
    I'd suspect sexual favours! Like i'll gam yi off for a twenty bag etc. Other than that anything valuable allthough i think most drugs will be legal by then.

I'd suspect sexual favours! Like i'll gam yi off for a twenty bag etc. Other than that anything valuable allthough i think most drugs will be legal by then.
    I was thinking more about high level dealers.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar

Yes that would be convenient, saves having to remember your card or these days your phone. Do you think with a microchip they will raise the maximum £30 spend on contactless or will you still need to use your pin? Imagine being able to have the tech in the chip so you can scan your hand as your season ticket at Easter Road, no need to remember your season ticket.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Yes that would be convenient, saves having to remember your card or these days your phone. Do you think with a microchip they will raise the maximum £30 spend on contactless or will you still need to use your pin? Imagine being able to have the tech in the chip so you can scan your hand as your season ticket at Easter Road, no need to remember your season ticket.
    .. and, no football clubs will spend more than they can afford. Just think....

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    That's easily done now, you just need a sharpie and a reasonable aptitude for art and you can draw on your bar code.
    Mon the Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'd love them to raise the £30 max for contactless transactions, I think between that and using your phone to pay, makes life that bit easier.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'd love them to raise the £30 max for contactless transactions, I think between that and using your phone to pay, makes life that bit easier.
    Those pesky first world problems.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Cash only in Winstons too, a proper pub. Can't be doing with this card paying nonsense.
    Caught me out the other day that!

I had a woman in a shop getting served before me. Farting about trying to pay £1.29 with a card. Was only in for a paper. I just left the money on the counter then left.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I had a woman in a shop getting served before me. Farting about trying to pay £1.29 with a card. Was only in for a paper. I just left the money on the counter then left.
    Impatience is not a desirable quality.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

Carol is King

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Carol is King
    Is she related to the singer Carole King? (my niche appears to be the that of annoying pedantic poster 😀)

Very seldom carry cash in NZ. Even the wee corner shops are happy to take card for $1 purchases!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Although I find it does sometimes vary from shop to shop, I did an Apple Pay transaction for over £30 in Aldi earlier.

The only time I carry cash these days is either when I’m going out boozing to avoid over spending (although I usually wake up to a few contactless transactions...) or when I’m going to the football so I can get a Bovril at half time.

Holidayed in Canada and Bulgaria this year and it felt very strange not to be worrying about the grand or two hidden in our luggage. The Halifax credit card with zero foreign transaction fees etc was an absolute godsend on that front.