hibs.net Messageboard

Berlin for a weekend - any tips/recommendations?

Morning all

Off to Berlin for the weekend for 3 nights. The Saturday evening will take care off itself as i'm off to see Hertha v Eintracht but any other recommendations for things to do and see, any neighbourhoods/districts outside the center worth a visit etc?

Will see Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag and the Holocaust Memorial, probably cover that by foot when we arrive. Planning on going to the East Side Gallery and grab lunch around there. Done the TV tower before so not fussed about that. GF wants to visit some Xmas markets so thats on the list aswell.

Any advice welcomed

Edit: Should've said GF is 21+ weeks pregnant so rules out alot of walking and things such as berghain unfortunately...
    Last edited by green&left; 03-12-2018 at 09:31 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Raddison Blu Hotel in Berlin is amazing. Great location and unique giant fish tank in it’s reception hall. Look it up, highly recommended and not too pricey.

Agree. The Raddisson Blu is fantastic. Wife and I were there for new year last year.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Asian fusion restaurant called Dudu on Torstrasse, some of the best food I’ve had anywhere.

Don't worry about checkpoint Charlie. It's mince.

The topography of terror is well worth a visit (and free). Quite horrifying though, so don't go expecting a nice time.

Its all about the war crimes committedby the nazis.

@hibs.net private member
    Go on one of the walking history tours. They are really Interesting and give you a good sense of the city and it’s history

Some amazing different areas too. Go and explore them

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't worry about checkpoint Charlie. It's mince.
    Mince?

I went through Checkpoint Charlie several times when Berlin was still split. It's still hugely important even if it's not spectacular now.

Anyone visiting Berlin should go there and visit the Checkpoint Charlie museum.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!