hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Parker’s interview

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...mpression=true

“We came here to not get beat, be defensive and they scored straight away,"

Against a team with half our budget the limit of our ambition is to defend for a draw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...mpression=true

“We came here to not get beat, be defensive and they scored straight away,"

Against a team with half our budget the limit of our ambition is to defend for a draw?

Given they are the form team of 2018- im not surprised

Where was the guy that actually picked the team? Six bl**dy defenders, against Kilmarnock.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Why is Parker giving the post match interview?

I just about got it after the St Johnstone game but to put him in front of the press again after another defeat is pretty poor imo.

If we’d beat st Johnstone Lennon would have been the one speaking to the press and the sake again today.

He’ll be gone by next weekend IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Why is Parker giving the post match interview?

I just about got it after the St Johnstone game but to put him in front of the press again after another defeat is pretty poor imo.

If we’d beat st Johnstone Lennon would have been the one speaking to the press and the sake again today.

He’ll be gone by next weekend IMO.
    Because Neil Lennon, in my opinion, is a coward when things get tough. He's never gone through any footballing adversity as a manager and come out the other side of it smiling. He will chuck in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Because Neil Lennon, in my opinion, is a coward when things get tough. He's never gone through any footballing adversity as a manager and come out the other side of it smiling. He will chuck in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Nobody will be happier than me if I'm proved wrong on this, but I don't think I will be.

Left by mutual consent!
    Where’s Lennon? Sending out Parker is weak.

His times coming to an end you can just feel it. Something isn't right. I'd go for stubbs again if we couldn't get Clarke tbh. Strachan would be interesting but not sure his heart would be in it either. I hope I'm wrong and Lennon comes out fighting and gets us through it, as I really did enjoy last season and his interviews etc were great. Don't know what's going on this year.

Aye death threaths, getting attacked on the field and having coins thrown at him aren't tough at all...

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    I think the fans deserved an explanation from the Manager regarding the team selection. Poor from him to send Parker out instead.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    If I was a player I’d be looking at Lennon avoiding the press and questioning how he can ask anything of them after that.

Unless he’s about to quit he should be out there taking it on the chin like the players have to.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    After nearly every bad defeat he always leaves the interview to someone else, like someone’s said it’s very cowardly. He should be coming out and slamming the players for that, apologising to the travelling supporters and blaming himself for his horrendous team selection

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Where was the guy that actually picked the team? Six bl**dy defenders, against Kilmarnock.
    And still conceded 3 very soft, more than preventable goals.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Lennon hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    Aye death threaths, getting attacked on the field and having coins thrown at him aren't tough at all...
    You see that bit in my post where I put the word "footballing"? It was to stop a post like yours from being written. And it still didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    His times coming to an end you can just feel it. Something isn't right. I'd go for stubbs again if we couldn't get Clarke tbh. Strachan would be interesting but not sure his heart would be in it either. I hope I'm wrong and Lennon comes out fighting and gets us through it, as I really did enjoy last season and his interviews etc were great. Don't know what's going on this year.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Lennon hiding?
    Sorry but if you're going to hide from the press when the **** is hitting the fan, then that's not a leader. That's a shirker. Which admittedly isn't like him at all.

If you pick the team you need to take responsibility for when it goes wrong as well as accepting the adulation when you get it right. That's cowardly otherwise.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Deary, deary me

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Deary, deary me
    I'd love to hear a proper response to this.

Lennon has built up a Cult of Personality at Hibs where people swallow wholesale that he has a 'winning mentality' and is 'unbreakable'. He repeatedly sends Parker to do interviews in defeat, he quite often shifts blame onto the players if we've lost, he's more than happy to come out and accept the plaudits when things are going well but the second we hit a sticky patch he 'considers his future' as he did in May after we lost at Tynecastle.

What adversity, again sticking to football here, did he go through at Celtic? He took over in March 2010, they were never winning the league by that point but they got knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Ross County in the semi finals. 2010/11 season, they finish second behind Rangers, didn't pull it out of the fire in a close title race.

His next three seasons at Celtic are nothing more than a procession to the title, and he still can't win a treble or come close to doing so.

Then he realises he can't take them any further (i.e. in Europe) and stands down - sound familiar to present day?

He goes to Bolton, where he has the readymade excuse of their financial armageddon off the pitch to cover him regardless of how results go on the pitch. He is able to pull the "well nobody could work under those conditions" card and leaves.

He comes to Hibs, he is given the biggest budget in the Championship against a host of part timers and lowly former Premiership outfits, including a shambles of a Dundee United team for our nearest rivals. He still nearly contrives to throw it away in December and March, but eventually Hibs get there - in no small part to all of our challengers falling away. He ends the season on the same points total as Stubbs managed in 2015/16, and Stubbs also won a cup. The less said about Lennon's cup record at Hibs, the better.

But clearly I must be mistaken, because he's obviously very good at coming through adversity, isn't he?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

Lennon has built up a Cult of Personality at Hibs where people swallow wholesale that he has a 'winning mentality' and is 'unbreakable'. He repeatedly sends Parker to do interviews in defeat, he quite often shifts blame onto the players if we've lost, he's more than happy to come out and accept the plaudits when things are going well but the second we hit a sticky patch he 'considers his future' as he did in May after we lost at Tynecastle.

What adversity, again sticking to football here, did he go through at Celtic? He took over in March 2010, they were never winning the league by that point but they got knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Ross County in the semi finals. 2010/11 season, they finish second behind Rangers, didn't pull it out of the fire in a close title race.

His next three seasons at Celtic are nothing more than a procession to the title, and he still can't win a treble or come close to doing so.

Then he realises he can't take them any further (i.e. in Europe) and stands down - sound familiar to present day?

He goes to Bolton, where he has the readymade excuse of their financial armageddon off the pitch to cover him regardless of how results go on the pitch. He is able to pull the "well nobody could work under those conditions" card and leaves.

He comes to Hibs, he is given the biggest budget in the Championship against a host of part timers and lowly former Premiership outfits, including a shambles of a Dundee United team for our nearest rivals. He still nearly contrives to throw it away in December and March, but eventually Hibs get there - in no small part to all of our challengers falling away. He ends the season on the same points total as Stubbs managed in 2015/16, and Stubbs also won a cup. The less said about Lennon's cup record at Hibs, the better.

But clearly I must be mistaken, because he's obviously very good at coming through adversity, isn't he?
    Saying Neil Lennon is a coward who doesn't cope with adversity is the stupidest thing I have read on this forum. Hands down.

And even in a football sense, the threats on his life have come from his footballing career.

Saying Neil Lennon is a coward who doesn't cope with adversity is the stupidest thing I have read on this forum. And even in a football sense, pretty sure he was quit 0 jobs.
    Quit the Celtic job actually

Saying Neil Lennon is a coward who doesn't cope with adversity is the stupidest thing I have read on this forum. And even in a football sense, pretty sure he was quit 0 jobs.
    No, not "even", I said only in a football sense. Do not pretend it was a comment on his personal life, or the sectarian hatred that has followed him throughout his career, I never implied anything of the sort.

He resigned as Celtic manager at the end of 2014.

He left Bolton by mutual consent in 2016.

Those are his only past two jobs in management.

Anything else you'd like to be wrong on?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Quit the Celtic job actually
    OK, quit one job after being sent a viable bomb. Coward.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Where’s Lennon? Sending out Parker is weak.
    You do know the managers priority is his players, not bbc sportsound?

Maybe he was talking to his team?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    No, not "even", I said only in a football sense. Do not pretend it was a comment on his personal life, or the sectarian hatred that has followed him throughout his career, I never implied anything of the sort.

He resigned as Celtic manager at the end of 2014.

He left Bolton by mutual consent in 2016.

Those are his only past two jobs in management.

Anything else you'd like to be wrong on?
    Leaving by mutual consent is not quiting. So, he's quit one job after being sent a bomb and being protected by the security services at his work. What a coward.

Those mail bombs, while deplorable and sickening, were sent to him in April 2011. He resigned as Celtic manager three years later.

I’m sure he quit because he hadn’t been backed enough by the board in his eyes but yep, a bomb

@hibs.net private member
    Saying Neil Lennon is a coward who doesn't cope with adversity is the stupidest thing I have read on this forum. Hands down.

And even in a football sense, the threats on his life have come from his footballing career.
    I think he got one more point than Stubbs in the Championship. My thoughts are similar. I had him down as a manager that I didn't like as a person and had no idea about as a manager. My view hasn't changed much. Decent at motivating when it is going well points the finger in defeat. I would hate him as a man manager as he is so volitile and unpredictable and rarely blames himself

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Yeah when he left us in the adversity of May I was really disappointed. Any idea who the new guy we've had in since then is?