hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

On that showing I'm more worried about the relegation zone than the top four

Mind-bogglingly poor. You could argue that if we'd gone in 2-0 up at half-time we would have likely won without too much trouble, but the fragility is alarming and the seeming absence of desire to get things back on track is puzzling. It seems a long time ago but when we were tearing Hamilton apart 6-0 you could see that everyone wanted the ball and there was joyfulness running through our play. We've lost some top players, granted, but the squad we have should be capable of a great deal more than this.

Has Lennon lost his touch? What has characterised his tenure until now is the way we almost always bounce back quickly from the odd bad performance. At present I can't see where a win is coming from.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We've never been right since all this Brexit pish started.

Aye right then.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mind-bogglingly poor. You could argue that if we'd gone in 2-0 up at half-time we would have likely won without too much trouble, but the fragility is alarming and the seeming absence of desire to get things back on track is puzzling. It seems a long time ago but when we were tearing Hamilton apart 6-0 you could see that everyone wanted the ball and there was joyfulness running through our play. We've lost some top players, granted, but the squad we have should be capable of a great deal more than this.

Has Lennon lost his touch? What has characterised his tenure until now is the way we almost always bounce back quickly from the odd bad performance. At present I can't see where a win is coming from.
    FFS knee jerking at it's finest, i'm more worried that i wont get a shot at Jennifer Aniston than i am of this team ever being relegated, no matter how pish we were today.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

We’ll be well clear of relegation. Well also be well away from top 6 though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    FFS knee jerking at it's finest, i'm more worried that i wont get a shot at Jennifer Aniston than i am of this team ever being relegated, no matter how pish we were today.
    I'm not saying I think we could actually be relegated, but watching Hibs at present reminds me of a few years back. We look bereft of inspirataion, let alone any obvious tactics, and when you're just hoping to **** we can hold on for a point at home to Dundee there's no denying we're heading in the wrong direction right now.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm not saying I think we could actually be relegated, but watching Hibs at present reminds me of a few years back. We look bereft of inspirataion, let alone any obvious tactics, and when you're just hoping to **** we can hold on for a point at home to Dundee there's no denying we're heading in the wrong direction right now.
    You were the one who mentioned relegation, and as i said,i'm not remotely worried about Hibs being in the relegation zone.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Just no.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Stop it. We won’t be anywhere near the relegation zone. We need to bring in some decent midfielders in January as we haven’t come close to replacing last years midfielders. I kept waiting on us signing someone in the summer and it’s criminal that we didn’t after we received the money for McGinn.

United we stand here....

Relegation is a bit far but we could be cut away in the bottom 6 unless we get our act together pronto. Today was yet another opportunity with Aberdeen and hearts losing to close the gap but we completely shat it yet again

He didn't say he thought we'd be relegated.

I agree that ON THAT SHOWING we should be looking down rather than up.

We have a lot of games to play between now and the transfer window opening with a shambles of a midfield, and that's not a recipe for success.

@hibs.net private member
    We are in no danger of relegation. We have no chance of top 4 though. We might scrape the top 6 if we get our act together a wee bit.

We'll not be remotely close to being relegated but it's looking increasingly likely that we will be in the bottom six this year unless things change drastically.

We don't look like a great side at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We'll not be remotely close to being relegated but it's looking increasingly likely that we will be in the bottom six this year unless things change drastically.

We don't look like a great side at all right now.
    We don’t look good at all.

I still think we’ll do enough to reach top six but not anything more than that.

Ever since the Butcher team I have a bit of fear at the back of the mind - it does not take much for a team to lose confidence and points become harder to pick up.

I think we will be midtable in the end. The Scottish Cup feelgood factor feels like its wore off this season though. Losing SJM has been a tough one to take and its put a bit of a downer on the season so far

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Relegation is a bit far but we could be cut away in the bottom 6 unless we get our act together pronto. Today was yet another opportunity with Aberdeen and hearts losing to close the gap but we completely shat it yet again

Technically, we did
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    I’m glad someone else noticed that we’re one place higher up the table than this morning.
    And one point closer to Aberdeen and Hearts
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    And one point closer to Aberdeen and Hearts
    Thanks for quoting me, I’ve no idea how I managed to delete my post.

Tv remote in one hand and my phone in the other , probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    Thanks for quoting me, I’ve no idea how I managed to delete my post.

Tv remote in one hand and my phone in the other , probably.
    Could have been worse, you might have deleted I'm a Celebrity ……… or maybe could have been better
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Technically, we did
    Facts eh?

We have not won a game in the last five, only Dundee are matching that !

Could have been worse, you might have deleted I'm a Celebrity ……… or maybe could have been better
    True. I kept switching over to see if the Boca game was on. I’ll just have to watch my River City box set now 😄

Left by mutual consent!
    OP is correct.

Its been awful for weeks and we are in free fall.

Really sad where we are heading.

I'm going to put you on my ignore list. Whenever I see that you've posted on .net, I know it will be a load of rubbish.

JESUS. Ye don't half get some nonsense on here when we don't get a result.
    Crap as we were today we will be nowhere near relegation.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    OP is correct.

Its been awful for weeks and we are in free fall.

Really sad where we are heading.
    Why on earth would you pick Robbo27 as a username? Robertson scored 27 goals against us for the YamFuds so is it meant to be some kind of reverse humour?

Perhaps the thread title has prompted some of the responses, because to be honest I can't see a lot wrong with the content of the OP's post. We seem to have lost the ability to control a game; I don't know if the Aussies were feeling the effects of the week just gone, as Milligan in particular seemed well off the pace.

When I saw the team selection I was quite happy, and so I'm not sure how much blame can be attached to the manager. However, so much of the play seems to be directed towards Kamberi for him to either hold the ball or lay it off; there is a lack of imagination outside of that, in my view, and not enough movement off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Why on earth would you pick Robbo27 as a username? Robertson scored 27 goals against us for the YamFuds so is it meant to be some kind of reverse humour?
    The Yam isn’t known for intelligence let alone subtelty.

No danger will be in the relegation zone. A poor run yes but no major surgery required. We need a big target man and Scott Allan. We’re also missing leadership on the pitch and badly miss David Gray.

Left by mutual consent!
    could this be the start of the decline after the high’s of the last two years? I hope not but things are looking a tad gloomy.