hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due

Tynecastle and Pittodrie

Groundhog every season at these two grounds in particular. I understand they are two tough places to go in the league but we literally never ever even look like winning at these grounds. Not only that but it’s the same type of performance we put in at these grounds and that goes for hibs teams from years gone by. Rarely ever take the game by the scruff of the neck and have any sustained pressure.

I’m sick of Derek Mcinnes Aberdeen teams getting the better of us as they are not very good at all!

I’m actually more confident going to likes of Ibrox than I am these stadiums!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I keep hearing Aberdeen aren't very good

They are a very decent team with a very good manager

They stats speak for themselves

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

They grind out a lot of results in the main, defensively sound and set up to play the way they do. They are a team though I always feel if you can get your nose infront first then they struggle. They have had a few jammy wins and draws at Easter Road against us.

Bottom line is we gift them a goal and then don't take our chances...weak from Hibs tonight.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Since Hibs last won at Tynecastle (13th May 2013), the following teams have won there: Celtic (nine times), St Mirren, St Johnstone (twice), Inverness, Kilmarnock, Partick (twice), Motherwell, Dundee United, Falkirk, Aberdeen (three times), Birkirkara, Ross County.

Since Hibs last won at Pittodrie (2nd May 2012), the following teams have won there: Celtic (eight times), Inverness (twice), Kilmarnock (twice), Ross County (twice), Hearts (twice), Motherwell (three times), Real Sociedad, Dundee United, St Johnstone (three times), Rangers (twice).

It goes without saying that both are hard to beat at their home ground, but let's not pretend that we don't have particularly atrocious records there compared to teams considerably weaker than us. It's a mental block we have to get around if we want to ever challenge for second.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 09-11-2018 at 10:03 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Couldn't watch the sheep every week, so very dull but effective I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Since Hibs last won at Tynecastle (13th May 2013), the following teams have won there: Celtic (nine times), St Mirren, St Johnstone (twice), Inverness, Kilmarnock, Partick (twice), Motherwell, Dundee United, Falkirk, Aberdeen (three times), Birkirkara, Ross County.

Since Hibs last won at Pittodrie (2nd May 2012), the following teams have won there: Celtic (eight times), Inverness (twice), Kilmarnock (twice), Ross County (twice), Hearts (twice), Motherwell (three times), Real Sociedad, Dundee United, St Johnstone (three times), Rangers (twice).

It goes without saying that both are hard to beat at their home ground, but let's not pretend that we have particularly atrocious records there compared to teams considerably weaker than us. It's a mental block we have to get around if we want to ever challenge for second.
    Very grim reading. It’s mad that we rock up to Ibrox and consistently take 3 points considering how ***** we are at tynie and pittodrie.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

It goes without saying that both are hard to beat at their home ground, but let's not pretend that we don't have particularly atrocious records there compared to teams considerably weaker than us. It's a mental block we have to get around if we want to ever challenge for second.
    Yup, really disappointing. This is the kind of thing I hoped Lennon would get rid of.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    Couldn't watch the sheep every week, so very dull but effective I guess
    100% correct

They're one of the worst teams to watch that we play. We gifted them a goal tonight but a draw would have been dreamland for them
    Last edited by davhibby; 10-11-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Aberdeen are unquestionably the dullest, most stubborn and spawny side to have graced the SPL for many a year.
    They grind out victories and draws whilst suffocating and killing entertainment.
    Their luck knows no bounds...a few seasons ago they woke up and found the SPL devoid of Hibs, Hearts and Sevco.
    They could not believe their good fortune - everything was set up for them to clinch 2nd spot and hold onto it for a few more seasons whilst the aforementioned 3 giants were trying to get their acts together.
    Even tonight, again, their luck continued as they were gifted a goal and simply hung onto it for dear life.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    They're one of the worst teams to watch that we play. We gifted them a goal tonight but a draw would have been dreamland for them
    Doesn't matter

One win in eight is pitiful

They are just a better team

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Groundhog every season at these two grounds in particular. I understand they are two tough places to go in the league but we literally never ever even look like winning at these grounds. Not only that but it’s the same type of performance we put in at these grounds and that goes for hibs teams from years gone by. Rarely ever take the game by the scruff of the neck and have any sustained pressure.

I’m sick of Derek Mcinnes Aberdeen teams getting the better of us as they are not very good at all!

While our records at both grounds are pitiful I wouldn’t say the performances are that similar... we played very well at Pittodrie last May and really should have won, and even last night while not playing well we created enough chances to come back and win it.

Tynecastle on the other hand is a lost cause for us. Utterly hopeless in every single game there.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Doesn't matter

One win in eight is pitiful

They are just a better team
    Them being a better team is your opinion, not mine. They rode their luck against us again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Them being a better team is your opinion, not mine. They rode their luck against us again.
    Again...Again...Again...

Testimonial Due
    They are objectively, a better team.

Of course you can hold a different view, but it is contrary to all the evidence of the past few years.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    They are objectively, a better team.

Of course you can hold a different view, but it is contrary to all the evidence of the past few years.
    Objectively speaking they are inarguably better, and they have more money to spend than we do which is a big factor in why they are consistently performing above us.

There was nothing in that game last night, and having slept on it I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as I thought we were at the time

The conditions last night were mental. Neither team did well, and Aberdeen scored from one mistake, they barely tested Bogdan beyond that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post

I wish I’d put a bet on 1-0 Aberdeen as it was the result I’ve been expecting the entire week. Ditto the 0-0 at Tynecastle. Talked myself out of it by convincing myself things were different now...

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Objectively speaking they are inarguably better, and they have more money to spend than we do which is a big factor in why they are consistently performing above us.

There was nothing in that game last night, and having slept on it I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as I thought we were at the time

The conditions last night were mental. Neither team did well, and Aberdeen scored from one mistake, they barely tested Bogdan beyond that.
    Possibly, but im sick of us not getting a result from so many games that we should. Its happened too much, and we always have an excuse but invariably aberdeen get the result from us.

Lennon made a big play of toughening us up, and he has, but we are going backwards - were getting back to being weak and soft centred.

Why cant we start mugging teams the way they constantly do to us?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Aberdeen riding their luck against us for the 6th game in 8 is a statistical improbability.

Aberdeen are not as expansive as we are and don't play as attractive football.

Are they a better team than us? If you look at the statistics over the last couple of years it's difficult to argue that they aren't.