hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my work colleagues couldn't wait to tell me ...... 😂😂
    All over Pars fans site he says

Dearie me 🤭
    I know there’s some reliable posters on here but I do wonder how fans on here, JKB and some Dunfermline fans website would all pick it up before anybody in the MSM?

Contrary to popular belief most journalists will have sources at the club and if anything was happening I’d have thought at least one of them may have picked up on it by now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

FFS it's all come from after the Derby when he said on Thursday he may consider his position. He later clarified that he was happy to stay at Hibs and wasn't going anywhere. End of story. Close thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I think we would have lost if we didnt set up like we did. We need to combat the way they play and hope the game opens up later on unfortunately the ref scuppered that by sending off our chief goal threat.
    I don't think we set up to combat how they play, i think we set up to mimic how they play, we didn't set up for a scrap, we set up to scrap, and when you do that nobody wins, certainly not football.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    FFS it's all come from after the Derby when he said on Thursday he may consider his position. He later clarified that he was happy to stay at Hibs and wasn't going anywhere. End of story. Close thread
    Not really the end of the story though if posters who are known to be reliable and have inside info are saying he told the players after the game on Saturday he may be off?

At the very least it’s worth keeping the thread open for surely?

First Team Breakthrough
    I hope not.
    I think he needs to get the head down and get on with the job in hand and stop alluding to leaving (if the story is indeed accurate)

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not really the end of the story though if posters who are known to be reliable and have inside info are saying he told the players after the game on Saturday he may be off?

At the very least it’s worth keeping the thread open for surely?
    Could it be that he said to the players “if you lot play like that again,I’m off”. ?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Not putting any boot in Matty, I just feel the squad is considerably weaker than last season, take injuries and suspensions into account and if looks very thin, I still don't think Lennon knows his best team and shape yet.
    No offence meant, J-C, was just making a joke.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We had a poor start last season and were leaking goals.
    Folk have very short memories

A poor start to the season would have been under Stubbs in Championship or under some of the post Collins numpties

Folk really need a reality check on where we come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    after losing Mcginn Mcgeough and Allan what did folk expect

Mcginn, and to an extent Dylan were always going to be nigh on impossible to replace

However, didnt we have more points than the same stage last season a few weeks back?

Harsh in the extreme

Folk need to remember where we were 2 seasons ago

I expected a better midfielder than Hyndman who has contrubuted absolutely no goals and no assists to replace Allan, mallan has been a good signing and has an incredible shot on him but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired and I've defended slivka a lot over the last year and a half but he really hasn't shown much apart from a couple goals against rangers and Celtic to merit a starting place. Milligan has been good but has suffered from Lennon shifting him into defence. We are still lightweight up top as has been proven by the fact we have Boyle up there. One winger was injury prone before signing is out injured and the other has shown glimpses but that's it.

I don't think it's harsh to criticise our summer recruitment.it was the same this time last year when we had a poor window that summer but people still claimed different.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I expected a better midfielder than Hyndman who has contrubuted absolutely no goals and no assists to replace Allan, mallan has been a good signing and has an incredible shot on him but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired and I've defended slivka a lot over the last year and a half but he really hasn't shown much apart from a couple goals against rangers and Celtic to merit a starting place. Milligan has been good but has suffered from Lennon shifting him into defence. We are still lightweight up top as has been proven by the fact we have Boyle up there. One winger was injury prone before signing is out injured and the other has shown glimpses but that's it.

I don't think it's harsh to criticise our summer recruitment.it was the same this time last year when we had a poor window that summer but people still claimed different.
    Hyndman has scored one and been unlucky not to score more imo
    But he has yet to impose himself and make himself a guaranteed starter Good Technical player but balance in Midfield wasn't right on Saturday and no one took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove us forward

Pars mate of mine says the boy was referring to an article he saw last week.

Do you only look at the negatives in every aspect of life or simply Hibs?

Hyndman scored against Hamilton. Probably has a few assists as well.

Mallan has more goals than Allan, Mcginn and McGeouch got combined last season

Has Slivka actually had a bad game this season? He's been in strange positions, often on the bench but he's played well when he has played and our best 2 wins score wise (Dundee and Hamilton) had him playing very well. Totally changed the Asteras game when he came on as well.

Boyle played upfront because our 2 main strikers were injured or suspended. How many players do you actually except Hibs to have? What if we signed another striker and no one ever got injured so he never played? That seems like a good use of wages.

@hibs.net private member
    Every Scottish team's forum is rife with this rumour simply cos they all want it to happen.

Lennon has been the best thing to happen to Hibs for a long time, he turned a team that loved to choke into a team willing to battle to the very death.

Most teams fear playing us... including the old firm, and they all have reason to be afraid.

Unfortunately for us, that fear doesn't always work in our favour, especially when we have a bad day or two at the office!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I know there’s some reliable posters on here but I do wonder how fans on here, JKB and some Dunfermline fans website would all pick it up before anybody in the MSM?

Contrary to popular belief most journalists will have sources at the club and if anything was happening I’d have thought at least one of them may have picked up on it by now.

Players or staff who were privy to what was said after the game will tell family or friends before running to the media, more like once the press have heard something that a journalist may get in touch with a player to find out if any truth in the story, talking to the press may backfire on player or staff if he gets caught.

Someone close to Lennon tweeted on Saturday night that we aren't allowed to talk about on here, I mentioned it as well and I heard it from a players mate what Lennon allegedly said, the media will pick up on it soon enough, the two posters on here who have spoke about it would suggest this isn't a load of nonsense.

Coaching Staff

Hyndman has scored and he has provided an assist - 12 or so games enough time to really judge ? He's a decent player, not helped by recent tinkering of formations. Mallan has scored 9 goals in 19 games and we are only 11 games into the league season ! Slivka isn't helped again by tinkering and being in and out the side, however he hasn't let the side down when I've seen him play.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Well, it is the 5th of November right enough.

It would be a shame if Lennon's last match in charge turned out to be that damp squib of a match on Saturday.
    A day celebrating a burning of the effigy of a Catholic. What a wonderful, enlightened tradition!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Players or staff who were privy to what was said after the game will tell family or friends before running to the media, more like once the press have heard something that a journalist may get in touch with a player to find out if any truth in the story, talking to the press may backfire on player or staff if he gets caught.

Someone close to Lennon tweeted on Saturday night that we aren't allowed to talk about on here, I mentioned it as well and I heard it from a players mate what Lennon allegedly said, the media will pick up on it soon enough, the two posters on here who have spoke about it would suggest this isn't a load of nonsense.
    Really wouldn't surprise me SH, I really think he was close to it after last season's game at Tynecastle after seeing him close hand before and after that game - would be wrong to speculate admittedly but I think he does struggle at times to keep it together due to him being so competitive and not having the personnel to really drive forward his plans / desires. That isn't a dig at Hibs either, just that he wants the club driving forward at a pace that resources won't allow (in my opinion).

I posted a few days ago that he also needs to curb his emotions in the derbies at Tynie - it transmits to the players and they respond negatively. It can be very over-bearing and takes the focus off the football being played on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Hibs net is a very polarising place and thank the lord it isn’t particularly reflective of the wider Hibs support.

There are a group of folk who revel in poor results and can’t wait to be all over here stirring ****, then there are the folk who take themselves and football too seriously and jump straight on the bandwagon. There is no reasoning with or persuading these folk.

We are less than a third of the way through the season. There are no consistent trends or patterns to emerge which would give any certainty as to how the season will end up.

We all know we lost three fantastic players, guys who were instrumental in creating such a dynamic side for the last half of the previous season. Anyone with half a brain knows that they were going to be hard, if not impossible to replace, especially on the funds available to the club. Just in case anyone doesn’t know, we have the fifth highest income in Scottish football.

I love football and always will. Hibs are my team and always will be. Sometimes we are good, mostly we are gash. I like it better when we are good.

I’m finding this place becoming something negative in my life and it’s probably time to step away. I’m reluctant, as like reading people’s views, even the ones I don’t agree with. However, this isn’t a healthy place.

Sometimes in life you have to just appreciate what you have. Lennon, warts and all, is a man who can deliver what Hibs need. Failure to recognise this astonishes me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Kamberi View Post
    A day celebrating a burning of the effigy of a Catholic. What a wonderful, enlightened tradition!
    A sparkling post.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Was it you?

You normally like to stir it up.
    I’m not trying to stir **** all, there’s substance.

Funny when someone posts not so positive news they’re shot down immediately.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 05-11-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    after losing Mcginn Mcgeough and Allan what did folk expect

Mcginn, and to an extent Dylan were always going to be nigh on impossible to replace

However, didnt we have more points than the same stage last season a few weeks back?

Harsh in the extreme

Folk need to remember where we were 2 seasons ago
    No ‘folk’ need to remember how big a club we are in the context of the league and country we’re in and that last season wasn’t the pinnacle of achievement but simply a restoration to at least where we should be all the time.

Where does all this crap come from ? Lennon is on record in last few days stating he " won't let the bigoted idiots drive him out of Scottish football".
    Think a few people need to take a chill pill.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^Excellent post.

Folk have short memories. We had over a decade of absolute dross and are a million miles away from those dark days.

Of course we will have the odd poor performance but I’ll settle for that over the odd good performance per season of yesteryear.

I wouldn’t change a thing about Lennon.

This place will be even worse when he does eventually leave in a few years and we go back and settle for some nice namby pamby manager again that does us hee-haw for us.

We’ll finish with more points this season than last.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Really wouldn't surprise me SH, I really think he was close to it after last season's game at Tynecastle after seeing him close hand before and after that game - would be wrong to speculate admittedly but I think he does struggle at times to keep it together due to him being so competitive and not having the personnel to really drive forward his plans / desires. That isn't a dig at Hibs either, just that he wants the club driving forward at a pace that resources won't allow (in my opinion).

I posted a few days ago that he also needs to curb his emotions in the derbies at Tynie - it transmits to the players and they respond negatively. It can be very over-bearing and takes the focus off the football being played on the pitch.

I was just saying a few weeks ago how well Lennon was looking and that he seemed to be in a good place, I would still say the same right now but something has irked him, don't think it's the coin throwing incident, more to do with the abuse he is receiving from the stands and the backing he is not receiving from the club or the SPFL who runs the game, Caldwell and the ex police mans comments must have been a kick in the teeth to Lennon.

IMO thread should be closed.. fake news(rumour)whatever you want to call it negative speculation after negative speculation?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I was just saying a few weeks ago how well Lennon was looking and that he seemed to be in a good place, I would still say the same right now but something has irked him, don't think it's the coin throwing incident, more to do with the abuse he is receiving from the stands and the backing he is not receiving from the club or the SPFL who runs the game, Caldwell and the ex police mans comments must have been a kick in the teeth to Lennon.
    Yep, fair comments bud his health and wellbeing are paramount, he's a top man and a top manager so would be a shame to lose him to the 'fishbowl' mentality that is Scottish football. I was at an event at EM a few months ago and he took time out of Saturday training to speak to those in attendance about mental health, etc. and he was really inspirational. That said, events like last week must affect him. The comments from Les Gray were to be expected, the man is a balloon - and he has previous for aiming criticism at Neil. His previous 'force' couldn't even police U17 Old Firm games properly anything he comes out with is not worth listening to

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    No ‘folk’ need to remember how big a club we are in the context of the league and country we’re in and that last season wasn’t the pinnacle of achievement but simply a restoration to at least where we should be all the time.
    A restoration? ... I’ve been going 40 years and seasons like last year are once in a blue moon.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    IMO thread should be closed.. fake news(rumour)whatever you want to call it negative speculation after negative speculation?
    Why? Don’t get that view point. Just because a thread isn’t all flowery and nice/positive doesn’t mean it should be shut down

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    What is this absolute horse****? Get it to **** off the board.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Lennon Resigning?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Maybe but turning that around and maintaining it from that a team that spent 3 years in the championship doesn’t happen overnight

But how many seasons in the last 20 have we been challenging for 2nd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk