hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

That was minging

Enough said

What a sorry way to lose our record

Too many negatives to list. I'd be here all night.

And for a player of such experience McGregor, amateur hour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Dreadful from McGregor for the goal and Marv for the penalty.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dreadful from McGregor for the goal and Marv for the penalty.
    Thought Danny fell down easily.

Season over

Lennon out

Dempster out

Only joking.
    Horrible performance though. Paid price for not having a secondary big striker. Poor team performance though!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Zero urgency and the most boring game I could remember. Didn't deserve the point playing like that. To compound things, attempts to make a sharp exit were scuppered when they scored as I was on the stairs and everyone else left too!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Thought Danny fell down easily.
    He did, it was blatantly a dive

i did feel that a piece of Mallan magic was the only way we were going to win today, we were a bit toothless in attack...and St J took advantage of that. Very frustrating performance

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It was dreadful today. Not much to put in the 'positives' column.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    Not going to post anything about the game until I can think of something positive to say about it.
    My pie was hot but not cooked to within an inch of its life at half time for a change.
    That was a positive.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Embarrassing performance. Do the players and manager believe that pedestrian passing will open teams up? Reminded me of some of our performances in the championship.

Same as last season when we changed the strike force in January, maybe we will change the midfield, Scott Allan come home now please, fail to understand why he's still not here!

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    That was like watching paint dry

Dull dreadful duff

Not good enough. We talk about resources but st Johnstone average gate is about 4000. We should be miles ahead of them and killie but we are just about the same. Where does the money go are squad under achieving or over rated?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Our keeper made an outstanding penalty save, no other positives for me. We got what we deserved from the game.

Really disappointing to lose our long unbeaten home record in such a manner to a team who came to get a draw or steal all three points if they could.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Really disappointing to lose our long unbeaten home record in such a manner to a team who came to get a draw or steal all three points if they could.
    They missed a pen and a very easy pen and hot the bar. They played tight but weren't parking the bus

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    They missed a pen and a very easy pen and hot the bar. They played tight but weren't parking the bus
    Hibs had 62% possession to 38% for St J.

I agree they didn't "park the bus" like we've seen from some teams at ER in recent seasons, but they made more of the possession they did have. Since St J were reamed 6-0 by Celtic they haven't lost a single goal. They are now set up not to lose, rather than to go out and attack like Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Zero urgency and the most boring game I could remember. Didn't deserve the point playing like that. To compound things, attempts to make a sharp exit were scuppered when they scored as I was on the stairs and everyone else left too!

When we start with a slow tempo such as we did today, you can be sure it won’t end well. Really disappointing stuff. Surely this isn’t what will be served up the rest of the season??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Hibs had 62% possession to 38% for St J.

I agree they didn't "park the bus" like we've seen from some teams at ER in recent seasons, but they made more of the possession they did have. Since St J were reamed 6-0 by Celtic they haven't lost a single goal. They are now set up not to lose, rather than to go out and attack like Hibs.
    They had one less shot than us, two more on target, scored and had the same amount of corners despite far less possession. Looks like they were much keener to get the ball in the net than we were when they had the ball. The vast majority of our possession was miles away from their goal and we looked liked we were happier than them to keep stroking it about. In the last 20 minutes they went for it and got their reward. At no time did I think we even thought about coming out of first gear and Lennon's subs put us in reverse

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Terrible stuff today, not many got pass marks from me (including Lennon) hoping it was just one of those days. Bring on the Dons!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The only positive I can think of is that we don't have to play St Johnstone next week.

Came up from England for this fixture last season and we have done same thing losing the winner late on and we were crap then too. As well as we can play the last two games have been poor. We can't beat a decimated Hearts team then lose at home to St Johnstone albeit they are a bogie team but you have to beat these if you are serious on progressing.
    Sentimentality needs to be put into perspective there are legends need dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Came up from England for this fixture last season and we have done same thing losing the winner late on and we were crap then too. As well as we can play the last two games have been poor. We can't beat a decimated Hearts team then lose at home to St Johnstone albeit they are a bogie team but you have to beat these if you are serious on progressing.
    Sentimentality needs to be put into perspective there are legends need dropping.
    Which legends are those?

We need to play much better from midfield forward. I'm not sure exactly how we do that but it doesn't involve dropping legends.

@hibs.net private member
    we need some legends back imo SDG and Hanlon would make a big difference.

First Team Regular
    Teams like St Johnstone come here and sit-in (park the bus) and hope to nick something late on from a set-piece which is exactly what happened. From their point of view it worked perfectly to-day and we were not good enough to break them down. We probably have a better chance of beating them away as they would be forced, being the home team, to come out and attack more.

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Teams like St Johnstone come here and sit-in (park the bus) and hope to nick something late on from a set-piece which is exactly what happened. From their point of view it worked perfectly to-day and we were not good enough to break them down. We probably have a better chance of beating them away as they would be forced, being the home team, to come out and attack more.
    Wanna bet? Same game I watched at Macdiarmid Park earlier in the season. Played a dour, dull team who played not to lose a goal who hope to nick one from a set piece and then set out to frustrate us.

We need a larger squad where the manager can mix things up a bit to win games like today where small margins wins you the football match, but we have a stubborn, unaccountable Board who simply will not take any calculated risk of any description in terms of player recruitment.

They continually take the p1ss out of the fans in this regard and I'm sick fed up of it.

We weren't terrible, but we were far too pedestrian and didn't move the ball quickly enough. Chuck in the fact that some of our crossing was very poor and we were always going to struggle to score today. To be fair to St Johnstone they didn't exactly park the bus and they were far less physical than some of the teams we have seen at ER.

Boy do we need an intelligent midfielder who can see a pass and probably another striker as well. I don't suppose anybody will need to tell Daz that his decision to let the ball bounce was wrong on every level and lead to us losing the game.

Whatever happens we cant have too many performances like that or we cant hope to make a dent in the European places, or the Scottish cup for that matter.

We missed Gray and Mcgregor should have been on from the start.

Lennon's subs were weird. I thought Horgan and Hyndman were doing OK - their replacements didn't do anything. I don't suppose anyone will agree with me.

I'm pretty fed up.

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar
    Yup totally crap against Hertz and just as bad tonight. Team selections in both games poor. Lennon gets it wrong more often than not these days. Don’t like to single players out but time for him to drop Whittaker. Well short as everyone can see. Anyone wants to argue doesn’t quite understand the game unfortunately. Yup let the abuse begin.