hibs.net Messageboard

Promising Youngster

SFSA on Five Live last night

A rep from the Scottish Football Supporters Association was on Stephen Nolan show about 11ish last night to talk about Neil Lennon and sectarianism. Dont know if anyone else heard it and maybe its just me but I was hugely disappointed in their take on the sectarianism issue. To cut a long story short the message appeared to be that a) strict liability wont ever be accepted by SFA clubs b) reason for this is that the Old Firm are at the pointy end of the problem and turkeys dont vote for Xmas and c) as a result of a) and b) we should rely on "education" so that minority of idiots get the message that sectarianism isnt acceptable.

I am not having a go at SFSA or their spokesman. What does concern me is that this type of passive acceptance is never goint to address the issue. The issue is b) above and until fans themselves take steps to call out the Old Firm nothing will change. And if the fans representative body isnt up for this then we have an even bigger problem than I thought.

To repeat, I know nothing about the SFSA and hope that we are well repreaented on this group as a club and support, just concerned that if supporters accept its all a bit too hard and we need to educate each other then the problem wont ever go away.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brisbanehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A rep from the Scottish Football Supporters Association was on Stephen Nolan show about 11ish last night to talk about Neil Lennon and sectarianism. Dont know if anyone else heard it and maybe its just me but I was hugely disappointed in their take on the sectarianism issue. To cut a long story short the message appeared to be that a) strict liability wont ever be accepted by SFA clubs b) reason for this is that the Old Firm are at the pointy end of the problem and turkeys dont vote for Xmas and c) as a result of a) and b) we should rely on "education" so that minority of idiots get the message that sectarianism isnt acceptable.

I am not having a go at SFSA or their spokesman. What does concern me is that this type of passive acceptance is never goint to address the issue. The issue is b) above and until fans themselves take steps to call out the Old Firm nothing will change. And if the fans representative body isnt up for this then we have an even bigger problem than I thought.

To repeat, I know nothing about the SFSA and hope that we are well repreaented on this group as a club and support, just concerned that if supporters accept its all a bit too hard and we need to educate each other then the problem wont ever go away.
    I agree with you, but...........

If the fans group is representative of "the fans" then Rangers and Celtic will have a large percentage of any process.

So, he was right that they and their fans wont vote for this stuff. Regardless of Hearts mini hun tendencies, fans of those two are 90% of the problem.

I know thats not a nice answer