hibs.net Messageboard

Question Why were there 600+ empty seats on Wednesday?

The official attendance for this week's game at Tinycastle was given as 19,410.

As the official capacity is 20,099, that means they must have either withheld roughly 690 seats, for some unknown reason, or the home end wasn't sold out.

Which was it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    It was also tickets sold and not turnstile count....

Testimonial Due
    Neither. We all know they count every seat sold - which includes season ticket holders who can't make the game.

The gap between the official capacity and the reported attendance is the embarrassment factor adjustment designed to cover the blushes of those who sanctioned a £15M spend on an unfinished stand that still didn't manage to bring the capacity to over 20,000 - a figure which, in itself, is a yardstick for BIGness.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    they will need to add a 3rd tier on one of the stands to bring it up to the wee porky official capacity, but they probably need to concentrate finishing that 'showpiece' stand(giggles) first though

Coaching Staff
    All clubs operate that way now, including hibs.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All clubs operate that way now, including hibs.
    I think the point is more that a sell out where no tickets were left available was still nearly 700 short of their stated capacity.. the same capacity which has been the subject of speculation that they may be a bit economical with the truth when it comes to how big their stadium is..

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I don't know why they didn't just buy one of these ready made up. Its big enough for them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Subbuteo-SUB.../dp/B0059LKXQ6

Irrelevent and who ****in cares only the hertz ****s could care.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

As the official capacity is 20,099, that means they must have either withheld roughly 690 seats, for some unknown reason, or the home end wasn't sold out.

Which was it?

Sure it wasn't 1690 spare seats?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Potter on message

Potter in the papers this morning playing down the crowd trouble by explaining that there were only five arrests on Wednesday.
    "There were 20,000 people there and five arrests.... Listen, there's idiots everywhere and it's very difficult to control 20,000 people."

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Time you take out the seats with no view of the pitch the toilets and hospitality lounge seats it was probably a sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    they will need to add a 3rd tier on one of the stands to bring it up to the wee porky official capacity, but they probably need to concentrate finishing that 'showpiece' stand(giggles) first though
    You couldn’t stand on top of it without it collapsing, far less add a tier!!

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Potter in the papers this morning playing down the crowd trouble by explaining that there were only five arrests on Wednesday.
    "There were 20,000 people there and five arrests.... Listen, there's idiots everywhere and it's very difficult to control 20,000 people."
    Potter said 20,000? Do they think if they keep repeating it, it will become fact??

I’ve still never seen this 20099 new capacity quoted by any reputable sources but a lot of folk make reference to it. So where is it stated?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I’ve still never seen this 20099 new capacity quoted by any reputable sources but a lot of folk make reference to it. So where is it stated?
    Nowhere as it’s clearly not true 😂

It isnt an official or certified figure. Its the wiki oage owners fantasy figure. Inclusive of restricted vuew seats their actual capacity is 19680.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Funny that they've never announced a sellout since the new stand went in. They used to harp on about it all the time!

As for Potter, he must be rounding to the nearest 10,000?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    Nowhere as it’s clearly not true 😂
    Its an open goal question for the media to ask but nothing. Its the first time I can recall that any club has undertaken a redevelopment of their ground and not made a big play of the new increased attendance. Always just “around 20000” is all you hear from over there. Embarrassment at not reaching the 20k yardstick.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Bloody hell, looks like I've lost a bet with the family yam who had calculated it to 19200 "high quality" seats ages ago.

I'll just have to go into administration as he ain't getting paid

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I think Hearts originally gave that as the final figure, possibly before work started, and it's been quoted ad-infinitum by Wikipedia and people like 'All Is Barry'.

Try changing the Wiki page to 19,410 (sold-out figure for wednesday) and it miraculously changes back to 20,099 within a couple of minutes.

600 holes in Gorgie, w**kershire.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

Which was it?

The cramped nature of the ground means they have to leave a couple of rows at the front empty to avoid any unsavoury incidents…

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    The cramped nature of the ground means they have to leave a couple of rows at the front empty to avoid any unsavoury incidents…

Ah wish!

Its an open goal question for the media to ask but nothing. Its the first time I can recall that any club has undertaken a redevelopment of their ground and not made a big play of the new increased attendance. Always just “around 20000” is all you hear from over there. Embarrassment at not reaching the 20k yardstick.
    BBC Sportsound were still pushing the 20,000 lie a few weeks ago when discussing venues for international games.