hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kamberi Melee

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

Kamberi Melee

Only watched it once on BT Sport but during the melee at the Kamberi sending off, and just after Jimmy Dunne' s finger pointing in his face, did Kamberi take a kick on the back of the leg from a Hearts player? Looked like that wee Guarrado, or whatever his name is? It was just after that Flo totally lost it.

I could be wrong. Will playback later.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only watched it once on BT Sport but during the melee at the Kamberi sending off, and just after Jimmy Dunne' s finger pointing in his face, did Kamberi take a kick on the back of the leg from a Hearts player? Looked like that wee Guarrado, or whatever his name is? It was just after that Flo totally lost it.

Playback, how about some payback when they come to Easter Road. Hope we pump them silly.

It looked to be a clear tactic to noise up our yellow carded players. They were desperate to draw another foul from Bartley, and he did well not to oblige. Kamberi should have been more streetwise than to get involved. Whilst I understand why he did, it could have been a very costly red card for us.

I can't believe what they manage to get away with tbh.

If we get the right ref against them, I could see us taking 5 or 6 off them.

I wouldn't normally want a card-happy, fussy ref for a derby but nowadays I do.

Don't know about a kick but I thought one of the Hertz players have him a push in the back making it look like he was squaring up to their player right in front of the ref. They had him surrounded so I think he's entitled to be angry.

Hearts number 3, Dunne, played a large part in getting Kamberi sent off by getting right in Kamberi's face with the finger pointing. He new exactly what he was doing. It's another form of cheating.

That said, Kamberi has to wise up and not allow himself to be noised up like that.

Testimonial Due
    Garruchio clearly shoves Kamberi. Not sure if there's a kick. Presumably he also said something which annoyed Flo.

Left by mutual consent!
    He lost the plot which could have cost us the game. They are cheating clogging ********s who set out to get him a second yellow even after the first which was a shocker and never a yellow.

Don’t have too much sympathy for Flo, he ultimately cost us 3 points by his overreaction, which I think we’d have gone on to get if we had 11.

Should never have been a red, but you can’t act like that, got to keep your cool.

@hibs.net private member NRW_Hibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Don’t have too much sympathy for Flo, he ultimately cost us 3 points by his overreaction, which I think we’d have gone on to get if we had 11.

Should never have been a red, but you can’t act like that, got to keep your cool.
    He didn’t cost us 3 points.

Absolute nonsense.

If he'd stopped challenging after his first booking you'd have blamed him for costing us 2 points. Nobody to blame but a poor referee and Levein's gang.

Kamberri has to be a bit smarter than last night but he’s still young and will learn quickly I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There wasn’t much happening in that second half to suggest we were going to go on and get three points. We were barely a threat prior to the sending off. Kanberi, perhaps could have been calmer, but his two bookings were a joke.

Testimonial Due
    Has anybody got the rest of lennon’s Interview where he discusses the sending off? It was mentioned on the match thread but all the news is reporting is his comments on the crowd trouble.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Disagree with the part he cost us 3 points. Game just had a draw written all over it.

Agree that it wasn’t a 2nd yellow, in fact it wasn’t even a foul. His reaction is what got him sent off. Heat of the moment. He’s a young lad and will learn from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Disagree with the part he cost us 3 points. Game just had a draw written all over it.

Agree that it wasn’t a 2nd yellow, in fact it wasn’t even a foul. His reaction is what got him sent off. Heat of the moment. He’s a young lad and will learn from it though.
    We will never know. Although from Lennon’s interview on Hibs TV, it sounds like he was just about to bring on Maclaren and go for the win as Hearts were labouring, but Kamberi’s sending off threw that plan out of the window.

No way he cost us 3 points! I've watched it a couple of times and the bit he starts to go mental is when he's with our players, something must have been shouted i'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    No way he cost us 3 points! I've watched it a couple of times and the bit he starts to go mental is when he's with our players, something must have been shouted i'm guessing.
    Unless we are now getting 4 points for wins then he couldn’t cost us 3 points.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    He lost it but OMG anyone watching will not want to mess the Kamberi. How many players did it take to hold him back! He's a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It looked to be a clear tactic to noise up our yellow carded players. They were desperate to draw another foul from Bartley, and he did well not to oblige. Kamberi should have been more streetwise than to get involved. Whilst I understand why he did, it could have been a very costly red card for us.

I can't believe what they manage to get away with tbh.

If we get the right ref against them, I could see us taking 5 or 6 off them.

I wouldn't normally want a card-happy, fussy ref for a derby but nowadays I do.
    After a 0-0 draw you could see us scoring 6 goals with the right referee?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Anything less than 6 goals next time at Tynie then there’ll be riots.

In reality, Dallas was *****, but for everyone. Could have easily given them a penalty in the first half, and Bartley might’ve seen red on a different day.

With the right referee they'd finish the game with about 7 players and we'd have the space to utterly horse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    With the right referee they'd finish the game with about 7 players and we'd have the space to utterly horse them.
    Which 4 of their players should've been sent off last night?

Which 4 of their players should've been sent off last night?
    The game can change based on yellow card decisions, as it did last night.

I thought they got off very lightly on that front, and they often do. If they started getting booked for bookable offences they'd quickly lose the place, and rammies like the one that saw Kamberi sent off would see Hearts players sent off.

Honestly - they've got it coming, as they've been riding their luck in this regard for some time.

To answer your question - the way the game played out, none of them should have been sent off last night.

Smith should have had a straight red for his elbow in Boyle's throat while kicking at him at the same time and at least a yellow for his involvement in the confrontation that followed.

All he got was a yellow, the same as Boyle, who was the victim.

Their players knew exactly what they were doing.

We've toughened up mentally under Lennon, but we've a bit to go before we're as streetwise as that mob which stems from their manager, as their tactics were certainly "vintage Levein" last night. For instance I would have liked us to have crowded the ref last year after Cochrane's karate kick on McGinn, which he deemed only worthy of a booking.

Mind you who was the ref in that game again? Oh aye, a certain Andrew Dallas...

I’ll be honest, he did as much in the 20 before his sending off as the 20 minutes after. He looked disinterested after half time and I’m sure was about to be hooked before it all kicked off.

He’s a great player but can be really frustrating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    I’ll be honest, he did as much in the 20 before his sending off as the 20 minutes after. He looked disinterested after half time and I’m sure was about to be hooked before it all kicked off.

He’s a great player but can be really frustrating at times.
    Don’t think he was going to be the one getting hooked but Lennon did state he felt the yellow impacted his game as he was treading egg shells so to speak. Has Dallas refereed flo before and had an issue with him? First one was so strange it was almost petulant from Dallas and I didn’t see flo have an issue with him (where a players dissent may influence the next decision against him by that ref). They did also have a lengthy chat on the pitch at half time just before the second half kicked off.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Their players knew exactly what they were doing.

We've toughened up mentally under Lennon, but we've a bit to go before we're as streetwise as that mob which stems from their manager, as their tactics were certainly "vintage Levein" last night. For instance I would have liked us to have crowded the ref last year after Cochrane's karate kick on McGinn, which he deemed only worthy of a booking.

Mind you who was the ref in that game again? Oh aye, a certain Andrew Dallas...
    THIS !

We've matched them on the physical side so now we need to work on the 'ugly-side' - it works for them !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    THIS !

We've matched them on the physical side so now we need to work on the 'ugly-side' - it works for them !
    Totally, if they are going to spend 90 minutes looking to cheat the ref, we need to go into these games laughing in their faces at every instance of shirt pulling, shoving, etc - while making it vocally clear in ear shot of the ref as to what is going on. This is Levein we are talking about; Hearts will do everything in their power to foul us to the hilt, while at the same time get us sent off using every deceptive sleight of hand they can pull off. No question we should prepare and train specifically with how to play against dirty teams like Hearts. We are on the right track. Next time Flo - just shrug it off - they are laughable excuses for footballers.