hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,429

    James "Whitey" Bulger

    BBC News - Gangster James 'Whitey' Bulger killed in prison
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46036058

    A predictable end really. Both Johnny Depp and Jack Nicholson portrayed him well but as an FBI informer (if correct) he was always going to struggle in prison. Not a nice guy at all.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,302
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    Weird, randomly found myself reading his wikipedia page on my lunch break yesterday. No surprise at all he's been murdered.

  4. #3
    Beaten to death in his wheelchair apparently, don't know why someone as high profile as that would be in a general population part of the prison?

  5. #4
    Don't know the whole story but possibly a fitting end for someone who ruled by intimidation and violence.

  6. #5
    Testimonial Due NYHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Glasgow; formerly NY
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BBC News - Gangster James 'Whitey' Bulger killed in prison
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46036058

    A predictable end really. Both Johnny Depp and Jack Nicholson portrayed him well but as an FBI informer (if correct) he was always going to struggle in prison. Not a nice guy at all.
    The original, Infernal Affairs, is better than the Departed remake with Nicholson.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know the whole story but possibly a fitting end for someone who ruled by intimidation and violence.
    He was 89 and in a wheelchair. IF you have to kill him then just kill him. No need to be removing eyes and tongues. Must have been a horrible death.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The original, Infernal Affairs, is better than the Departed remake with Nicholson.
    I've heard that, will try to get it on Netflix or Prime

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was 89 and in a wheelchair. IF you have to kill him then just kill him. No need to be removing eyes and tongues. Must have been a horrible death.
    To be honest I don't know enough about the guy to say he did this or that to people, but I would hazard a guess that to be as notorious as he was he would have been responsible for a lot worse. An eye for eye an all that.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was 89 and in a wheelchair. IF you have to kill him then just kill him. No need to be removing eyes and tongues. Must have been a horrible death.

    Where red did you read that about mate, all Iíve seen is he was beaten to death?

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where red did you read that about mate, all Iíve seen is he was beaten to death?
    Various reports, beaten so badly his eyeballs were removed from his head, also unconfirmed reports his killers tried to remove his tounge. Sounds pretty gruesome. No doubt the real story will come out eventually

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    4,083
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be honest I don't know enough about the guy to say he did this or that to people, but I would hazard a guess that to be as notorious as he was he would have been responsible for a lot worse. An eye for eye an all that.
    An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind... Martin Luther King Jr.

    He was probably quite formidable in his day and if anyone had exacted that 'revenge' when he was in his prime then it may have seemed an impressive retaliation.

    Statement killings of the elderly and infirm just don't seem to sit right. Certainly his reputation seemed larger than, and distorted the reality of, what this man - what any man - becomes with age.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind... Martin Luther King Jr.

    He was probably quite formidable in his day and if anyone had exacted that 'revenge' when he was in his prime then it may have seemed an impressive retaliation.

    Statement killings of the elderly and infirm just don't seem to sit right. Certainly his reputation seemed larger than, and distorted the reality of, what this man - what any man - becomes with age.

    I get your point but you live that kind of life it never leaves you.
    Also for guys in the jail already doing life killing somebody with a reputation like Bulger is a big thing from them enhances their own reputation standing in jail etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved