hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Football CEO of the year award

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...year-1-4821738

What is the nomination process for this? I'd have thought Leeann would have been in with a shout bearing in the mind the top to bottom transformation she's overseen at Hibs, capped by our record top flight points haul, unprecedented season ticket sales and a clear and ongoing upward trajectory across the board.

Mind you, it would be hard for her to compete with Queen Ann's achievements over the last year or so:

• Disastrous appointment of untried manager resulting in a hefty pay-off with nearly three years of his contract still to run. Check
    • Hefty spending required on entire new first team squad and jettisoning of numerous hopeless signings. Check
    • Multi million pound overspend on badly designed new main stand. Check
    • Failure to complete said main stand within projected timescale, including embarrassing failure to order seats. Check
    • Leaving vast internal sections of said main stand unfinished for indefinite period. Check

Yep, you can see why the selection panel were impressed

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Please god, let her win and keep the attention off our Leeann.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...year-1-4821738

What is the nomination process for this? I'd have thought Leeann would have been in with a shout bearing in the mind the top to bottom transformation she's overseen at Hibs, capped by our record top flight points haul, unprecedented season ticket sales and a clear and ongoing upward trajectory across the board.

Mind you, it would be hard for her to compete with Queen Ann's achievements over the last year or so:

• Disastrous appointment of untried manager resulting in a hefty pay-off with nearly three years of his contract still to run. Check
    • Hefty spending required on entire new first team squad and jettisoning of numerous hopeless signings. Check
    • Multi million pound overspend on badly designed new main stand. Check
    • Failure to complete said main stand within projected timescale, including embarrassing failure to order seats. Check
    • Leaving vast internal sections of said main stand unfinished for indefinite period. Check

Yep, you can see why the selection panel were impressed
    Guessing it was a two horse race? Personally out of the two I'd have gone for Dodgy Dave, he's blown much more money since they bumped their creditors and has the Petrofac trophy to show for it.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Do the other CEO's rely on anonymous benefactors to fill the holes in their accountability?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Do the other CEO's rely on anonymous benefactors to fill the holes in their accountability?
    Maybe that's why she's getting the award. Money out of nothing.

Strangest thing for me is this, who has heard of this "competition" before, and how come we didn't hear about her finishing second in 2016?

Budge was nominated for this award in 2016 but lost out to Mark Catlin of Portsmouth.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...year-1-4821738

We must have been celebrating something really worthwhile to have given a F*** what Budgie was nominated for.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I don’t think Leeann is pompous or egotistical enough to be interested in contesting for such gongs. Probably run a mile from the very thought.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don’t think Leeann is pompous or egotistical enough to be interested in contesting for such gongs. Probably run a mile from the very thought.
    My thoughts exactly. LD knows she does a good job as do her employers and everyone in the business, this award doesn't really do much apart from stroke the ego.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Exactly, corporate back-slapping. Even though Anne has made a proper pigs ear of everything she touches at Tynie I sincerely hope she wins, just to hear the acceptance speech. Guaranteed to be complete cringe.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I'd be surprised if that were true - I imagine LD, as well as any other CEO, would be delighted to have their work recognised and be up for the award.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Please god, let her win and keep the attention off our Leeann.
    My thoughts exactly.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Does the award come with a trophy?

I’m sure Hearts will be interested.