hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Open Goal Gary Caldwell

Another new episode available. Great watch, lots of Hibs content and GC comes across very well. I have a lot of time for him, great professional and seems to have a great footballing philosophy. I hope he does well at Thistle....potential Hibs manager?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another new episode available. Great watch, lots of Hibs content and GC comes across very well. I have a lot of time for him, great professional and seems to have a great footballing philosophy. I hope he does well at Thistle....potential Hibs manager?
    No if the start to his Partick days are anything to go by. Very early days mind you

I actually thought Scotland should have took chance with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    ****. Hated by the good guys and thought he was too good for us. His brother though is sound as.

Left by mutual consent!
    If it never leaked about his pre contract at Celtic then he may well of been thought of better by us.

Although I am sure when he did play against us he was quick to wind us up, but I suppose we would have been dishing it out.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I read that title as Own Goal Gary Caldwell and thought not again!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    If it never leaked about his pre contract at Celtic then he may well of been thought of better by us.

Although I am sure when he did play against us he was quick to wind us up, but I suppose we would have been dishing it out.
    He’s an ******** not liked by a lot of hibs players. Then there was him cheating on his wife who just had given birth. Caldwell is a snake.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I read that title as Own Goal Gary Caldwell and thought not again!
    😃

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He’s an ******** not liked by a lot of hibs players. Then there was him cheating on his wife who just had given birth. Caldwell is a snake.
    True, with a Rangers cheerleader as well!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post

He always acted like he was doing us a favour by wearing the Hibs shirt and showed little consideration once he’d left.

I wish him well but tbh I don’t really care that much. No desire to see him return to Hibs in the future.

Always remember him making a huge error down towards the famous five/ east stand corner which led to us conceding a goal. he then turned to the left back, who'd passed it to him, a young lad just making his way into the team (Stevenson perhaps?) and gave him pelters, when it was really himself to blame.

I thought that said a lot about him.

Well this thread is working out well 😂

Give it a watch, proper football man, speaks very well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

I always liked Caldwell. Thought he was criminally underrated by Hibs fans at the time and even more so now.

A lot of people didn’t like that he signed a pre contract with Celtic but imo at least he was open about it from the start and didn’t bull**** the fans by pretending he might stay like others have done in the past.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Well this thread is working out well

What is it, where do I watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I always liked Caldwell. Thought he was criminally underrated by Hibs fans at the time and even more so now.

A lot of people didn’t like that he signed a pre contract with Celtic but imo at least he was open about it from the start and didn’t bull**** the fans by pretending he might stay like others have done in the past.
    My thoughts are similar. I always compared his exit to Ian Murray, who kept claiming he was ‘keeping his options open’ when he was always going to Rangers. The booing of Caldwell against Aberdeen was far from Hibs class. Great player for us and Scotland. Dedicated and focused professional. I would be much happier with him at the Scotland helm than McLeish.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    What is it, where do I watch it?
    https://youtu.be/HQkDRcNTK68

I never liked him that much and never really rated him, and the fact that he obviously really rated himself compounded it.

He wouldn't trouble the top 10 of my favourite centre-halves to have played for Hibs.

I always thought he was an unintelligent player who would be forced to make heroic looking tackles to make up for the fact that his positional sense was poor.

Had a good career though, plenty of Scotland caps, honours at Celtc and some big wages down South.

I'm sure he couldn't care less what I think.

I'll watch this later, these shows are really good and having seen a lot of him throughout his career I'm interested in what he has to say.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    Always remember him making a huge error down towards the famous five/ east stand corner which led to us conceding a goal. he then turned to the left back, who'd passed it to him, a young lad just making his way into the team (Stevenson perhaps?) and gave him pelters, when it was really himself to blame.

I thought that said a lot about him.
    I think that was the game after his pre contract was announced. He was getting pelters from the start and made a couple of bad mistakes.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    My thoughts are similar. I always compared his exit to Ian Murray, who kept claiming he was ‘keeping his options open’ when he was always going to Rangers. The booing of Caldwell against Aberdeen was far from Hibs class. Great player for us and Scotland. Dedicated and focused professional. I would be much happier with him at the Scotland helm than McLeish.
    we criticised Murray (rightly) for his lies about keeping his options open when he'd already committed to join old Rangers. Caldwell then is open and honest and gets booed as soon as he comes on the pitch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Id prefer Engelbert Humperdink to Judas...Tobe fair.

I don’t mind Caldwell. Was a decent defender (most of us were delighted when he came back permanently). Bear him no ill whatsoever.

As others have said, at least he was open about signing the pre-contract. I hated him being booed in the Aberdeen game.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I never liked him that much and never really rated him, and the fact that he obviously really rated himself compounded it.

He wouldn't trouble the top 10 of my favourite centre-halves to have played for Hibs.

I always thought he was an unintelligent player who would be forced to make heroic looking tackles to make up for the fact that his positional sense was poor.

Had a good career though, plenty of Scotland caps, honours at Celtc and some big wages down South.

I'm sure he couldn't care less what I think.

I'll watch this later, these shows are really good and having seen a lot of him throughout his career I'm interested in what he has to say.
    Though he was too good for Hibs and tried to play himself out from the back or make high risk passes. Put us in a lot of trouble defensively.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Always quite liked him and speaks well. As per his pre contract with Celtic at least he was honest about it unlike some others. His managerial career looks a bit rocky up till now though hope he does well at Thistle.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    ****. Hated by the good guys and thought he was too good for us. His brother though is sound as.
    Who were the good guys?

Agree with that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Calamity Legohead Caldwell can get ****ed.

That's my input.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Though he was too good for Hibs and tried to play himself out from the back or make high risk passes. Put us in a lot of trouble defensively.
    Eh? There is no one man too good for HIBS. As another poster has pointed out he would not make the top ten of all time great HIBS centre half’s. HIBS done him a big favour by resurrecting his career and fair enough he was a good solid centre half albeit error prone and got back into the Scotland set up. How did he repay us? By taking the thirty pieces of silver and joining the smellies.

Whats it like to **** a Hun?

Does this post make me a good guy or a bad guy?

Not interested in Caldwell, pretty sure he scored for Celtic against us at ER then proceeded to run half the length of the terracing cupping his ears to us. He can do one.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Not interested in Caldwell, pretty sure he scored for Celtic against us at ER then proceeded to run half the length of the terracing cupping his ears to us. He can do one.
    He did, a heinous crime after getting dogs abuse up until that point. Didn’t Murray give us the middle finger at Ibrox? He seemed to be forgiven.....it’s all part of the fun isn’t it?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    He did, a heinous crime after getting dogs abuse up until that point. Didn’t Murray give us the middle finger at Ibrox? He seemed to be forgiven.....it’s all part of the fun isn’t it?
    Kevin Thomson