hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hsl

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Hsl

See they’ve quoted a tweet from FoH regarding them having raised £8m and said “a phenomenal effort from our neighbours across the city 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼👏🏼“

A strange way to try entice more people to donate. I’d rather they concentrate solely on hibs and not what other teams fans are doing especially them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Are you not just highlighting more on another forum though?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See they’ve quoted a tweet from FoH regarding them having raised £8m and said “a phenomenal effort from our neighbours across the city ���� ���� ��������“

A strange way to try entice more people to donate. I’d rather they concentrate solely on hibs and not what other teams fans are doing especially them.
    I don’t think it’s strange in the slightest.

HSL has tried many avenues to encourage uptake for HSL, if trying to play on some fans one-up-manship over the Jambos works then so be it... a lot of HSL sceptics are unaware of just how much other equivalent schemes are raising for our rivals... not just Hearts.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 26-10-2018 at 01:25 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    It doesn't matter how you slice it, FoH have done exceptionally well to raise that amount of money. They are entitled to pat themselves on the back for their efforts and that's with the green tinted specs removed. I suspect they will not be seeing any drop off in pledges/donations anytime soon as their team rides the crest of a positive wave.

What it does for me, personally, is act as inspiration to sign up to HSL this afternoon and restart my monthly contribution because I don't want to see a gulf develop which appears inevitable based on what is happening right in front of our eyes.

I appreciate people have their suspicions and frustrations about HSL and that the two are difficult to compare, but it's the equivalent vehicle we have at the moment so I am in while I can afford to be.

GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post
    It doesn't matter how you slice it, FoH have done exceptionally well to raise that amount of money. They are entitled to pat themselves on the back for their efforts and that's with the green tinted specs removed. I suspect they will not be seeing any drop off in pledges/donations anytime soon as their team rides the crest of a positive wave.

What it does for me, personally, is act as inspiration to sign up to HSL this afternoon and restart my monthly contribution because I don't want to see a gulf develop which appears inevitable based on what is happening right in front of our eyes.

I appreciate people have their suspicions and frustrations about HSL and that the two are difficult to compare, but it's the equivalent vehicle we have at the moment so I am in while I can afford to be.

GGTTH.
    I’ve nothing against HSL I donate monthly but both of them are non comparable imo as FoH started to save hearts. Totally different situations.

It doesn't matter how you dress it up, it is an incredible effort by the Yams and it would be churlish to deny it.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter a toss that the circumstances leading to the inception of FOH and HSL were entirely different, all that will matter in the long run is a club we are in direct competition with will every season be taking in contributions from their supporters which far exceeds ours and that will end up giving them a distinct on field advantage over us if we don't step up.

As it stands the Aberdeen equivalent which is much younger than HSL is already outstripping our contributions and we cant point to their immanent destruction as motivation for that as we can with Hertz.

Its a given that not everybody will be able to contribute to HSL, but our fanbase is in reality not so far short of what Hertz and Aberdeen enjoy that we can point to that as a reason for the out of proportion disparity between our respective fan funding schemes, we should at least be aiming to get to a stage where what each club's fans contribute is a closer reflection of the respective supporter numbers.

I’ve nothing against HSL I donate monthly but both of them are non comparable imo as FoH started to save hearts. Totally different situations.
    This.

& the 2 schemes will never be at a similar level unless Hibs hit the skids and money is needed to stop the club dying altogether. 'Money or death' is more persuasive than 'money of you want'

Hats off to them for keeping it going - it's easier to keep it going though than it is to get it started.

On a side note though Hibs as a club have been running superbly for the last couple of years so makes me less bothered about other clubs successes

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Once upon a time they were different situations, less so these days.

I have no issue with their tweet - anything that they can do to highlight the need for donations is helpful.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    This.

& the 2 schemes will never be at a similar level unless Hibs hit the skids and money is needed to stop the club dying altogether. 'Money or death' is more persuasive than 'money of you want'

Hats off to them for keeping it going - it's easier to keep it going though than it is to get it started.

On a side note though Hibs as a club have been running superbly for the last couple of years so makes me less bothered about other clubs successes
    We may be in pretty sound financial shape currently but our rivals will be stealing a march on us financially in future unless more contributors get on the HSL train.

Some of you won't like me repeating this, but here goes anyway...

If the sale price of Hibernian FC is presently unaffordable for any one individual to purchase it outright, then our current Board of Directors have to be tasked with bringing investment in that either gives somebody leverage to increase their shareholding in future, with an element of control traded off for that investment.

It seems to me that right now it's either "invest in HSL" or errmmm , "invest in HSL" and that's about your lot.

Extra investment won't be coming from our current owner; that's not a dig at Tom Farmer, for whom I have the utmost respect for, but LD and the other directors need to address this and put some coherent strategy together to both attract outward investment and fire the imagination of the fans to get onside too, as HSL alone doesn't cut it for me, I'm afraid.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post

If the sale price of Hibernian FC is presently unaffordable for any one individual to purchase it outright, then our current Board of Directors have to be tasked with bringing investment in that either gives somebody leverage to increase their shareholding in future, with an element of control traded off for that investment.

It seems to me that right now it's either "invest in HSL" or errmmm , "invest in HSL" and that's about your lot.

Extra investment won't be coming from our current owner; that's not a dig at Tom Farmer, for whom I have the utmost respect for, but LD and the other directors need to address this and put some coherent strategy together to both attract outward investment and fire the imagination of the fans to get onside too, as HSL alone doesn't cut it for me, I'm afraid.
    It's been said (many times) before. Nobody actually "invests" in Scottish football (outside of the OF), as that implies a return.

Other than the "community" investment of STF, I don't really see what's in it for anyone.

See they’ve quoted a tweet from FoH regarding them having raised £8m and said “a phenomenal effort from our neighbours across the city 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼👏🏼“

I personally dont find this strange at all.

They are just trying to point out that with a little dedication this is what can be achieved and to try to get the Hibs support engaged in their scheme.

its always the same with these sort of ideas plenty people think its a great idea but leave it up to others to do something about it.

I relalise the society we are living in as well as the restrictions placed upon our finances by it. If people could give a little every month it would soon mount up.

We have seen ourselves the difference this infusion of cash has made to the team in terms of the type of player our manager can go after.

In a time where every charity is desperate for our support its difficult to give to all. This scheme benefits Hibernian and also its supporters and if we can give a little to help

It would i know be appreciated.

Left by mutual consent!
    Probably to make non-donators jealous enough to actual sign up. Good work.

@hibs.net private member
    Magnificent effort by the Maroon Balloons in bailing out their bankrupted multiple world war winning institution.

Come on all you Hibees - stop making excuses and get the direct debits to HSL flowing - don't let these cardigan wearing fandangoes have the pleasure of stealing a march on us to add to all the poppy funds and Lithuanian pensioners' life savings.

@hibs.net private member soul_driver's Avatar
    Has any of the FOH money actually been used to pay Budge back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by soul_driver View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's been said (many times) before. Nobody actually "invests" in Scottish football (outside of the OF), as that implies a return.

Other than the "community" investment of STF, I don't really see what's in it for anyone.
    Correcto.
    Best keep running the club as we are at the moment.
    Living within our means.
    That way we keep control of our club.
    Keep paying into HSL and buying season tickets in large numbers.
    HSL is both money to the club and protection against takeover and over influence of an individual.

All these great clubs down south with their investors are now completely out of the control and influence of their fans who are now merely customers.
    Rangers had investor Murray and Hearts had investor Romanov, how did they do?

No.
    How much do they owe her?

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    How much do they owe her?
    The last accounts showed £2.4m, which was a year or so ago. I wouldn't expect that anything has been repaid since then.

The last accounts showed £2.4m, which was a year or so ago. I wouldn't expect that anything has been repaid since then.
    So, they've raised £8m but not used any of it for the purpose it was intended? Doesn't sound wise to me.

So, they've raised £8m but not used any of it for the purpose it was intended? Doesn't sound wise to me.
    Repaying AB was always going to be the last thing they did. They were funding the working capital for the first few years, and would have paid AB by now if it hadn't have been for that pesky stand; they agreed to divert some of their money to that.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    No, and who knows what she'll decide to do next as a further diversion from what they thought they were saving for

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Repaying AB was always going to be the last thing they did. They were funding the working capital for the first few years, and would have paid AB by now if it hadn't have been for that pesky stand; they agreed to divert some of their money to that.
    It will be interesting to see how they cope once they do actually start paying her back.

Think they rolled up the price of the new stand, new pitch and improvements to the rest of the ground into 1 big bill.
    Also heard they have made enquiries about 2 large screens.

Suspect it will be a little over 2 years before they pay AB off.
    The annoying thing is they will be out of debt before us given how slowly we are paying STF back.
    Get the feeling their progress behind the scenes has slowed down given their need to get the fans back on side with a decent team on the field this season after the mess of the last couple.

After getting out of debt they will always have a massive bill for training facilities so that will all but balance the STF payback.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 26-10-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Think they rolled up the price of the new stand, new pitch and improvements to the rest of the ground into 1 big bill.
    Also heard they have made enquiries about 2 large screens.

Suspect it will be a little over 2 years before they pay AB off.
    The annoying thing is they will be out of debt before us given how slowly we are paying STF back.
    Get the feeling their progress behind the scenes has slowed down given their need to get the fans back on side with a decent team on the field this season after the mess of the last couple.

After getting out of debt they will always have a massive bill for training facilities so that will all but balance the STF payback.
    I'm not so sure about that.

They took out further loan "facilities" of £1.75m a year ago.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 26-10-2018 at 03:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm not so sure about that.

They took out further loan "facilities" of £1.75m a year ago.
    They'll probably decide to just owe that one to themselves if they use it.

Worked brilliantly last time around.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

This isn't going to be another "they're going bust soon" thread is it?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post

You have said this before and I’m intrigued. So, given the circumstances highlighted below, how would the current board attract investment? What would you like to see happening?

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    This.

This is always something i point out to jambo folk i know. They seem to forget the reason they own so much of their club is because they were close to being flushed.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

Is that because they two clubs are on the stock market or what?