hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 215

Thread: Nba

  1. #121
    First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anothe big game for cp3 and book. 2-0 suns.
    Giannis destroyed the Suns last night - when Ayton is not on the court they have no answer for him and he looks locked in right now. Last night could be a turning point, predicting Bucks in 7 with a historic series for Giannis.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Yep happens a lot in the playoffs home team will go 2-0 up then blow it on the road to go 2-2.

    Giannis though like you definitely ain't laying down to no one. Some block!!

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Going to the wire I think

  5. #124
    Amazing achievement from the Bucks to win 4 straight after being 2 down.

    So happy for Giannis, one of the all time great finals appearances.

  6. #125
    Congratulations to the bucks going 0-2 down then coming back.

    Now space jam 2 at the weekend 😀

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Well done to the Bucks, been chapping on the door for a couple of years now


    next year should be really competitive I think, the lakers are already looking to retool, warriors will have their big 3 back and probably another big name in the door in a trade for wiseman, Nets will be desperate to change the narrative around them with each of their big 3 needing a title to prove something to themselves and/or the world. Bucks will be back as champs, heat will be strong, Iím hoping the Bulls can get a decent PG in and hopefully make a wee playoff run (no serious aspirations beyond that hahaha), the Jazz will come back strong, so will the Suns and Nuggets. Probably other teams Iíve forgotten about as well, already looking forward to it

  8. #127
    First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done to the Bucks, been chapping on the door for a couple of years now


    next year should be really competitive I think, the lakers are already looking to retool, warriors will have their big 3 back and probably another big name in the door in a trade for wiseman, Nets will be desperate to change the narrative around them with each of their big 3 needing a title to prove something to themselves and/or the world. Bucks will be back as champs, heat will be strong, Iím hoping the Bulls can get a decent PG in and hopefully make a wee playoff run (no serious aspirations beyond that hahaha), the Jazz will come back strong, so will the Suns and Nuggets. Probably other teams Iíve forgotten about as well, already looking forward to it
    Absolutely delighted! Giannis was a beast and had one of the great finals games last night. Not sure Bucks can win it again with this year's team though - as you say Warriors, Lakers and Nets will all be strong - I think Philly can compete too if they can trade Simmons away for Lillard, so an interesting summer ahead. Wouldn't write off Suns/Hawks either!

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely delighted! Giannis was a beast and had one of the great finals games last night. Not sure Bucks can win it again with this year's team though - as you say Warriors, Lakers and Nets will all be strong - I think Philly can compete too if they can trade Simmons away for Lillard, so an interesting summer ahead. Wouldn't write off Suns/Hawks either!

    think youíre right about philly, if they can get a lights out shooter who can bring some creativity as well, theyíll be incredibly dangerous

    lillard is an interesting one, I think he wants out of Portland but doesnít want to say it publicly for fear of possible backlash being the main man there. That said, I donít know if Portland are ready to let him go either, could see them trying to move McCollum and keep lillard, and hopefully pair him with a decent or dominant big man who can cover the rim

  10. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    think youíre right about philly, if they can get a lights out shooter who can bring some creativity as well, theyíll be incredibly dangerous

    lillard is an interesting one, I think he wants out of Portland but doesnít want to say it publicly for fear of possible backlash being the main man there. That said, I donít know if Portland are ready to let him go either, could see them trying to move McCollum and keep lillard, and hopefully pair him with a decent or dominant big man who can cover the rim
    Anyone to look out for in the draft?

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone to look out for in the draft?

    not too sure tbh, kinda tuned out of that a bit when the bulls traded away their pick


    Cade Cunningham seems to be pretty much the consensus first pick for most commentators, but not all. Also seems to be a large proportion of teams keen to trade up, down or even out of the draft, so a lot of moving parts

    also seems a bit of a meh draft, couple of decent prospects but no one earth shattering, and not really anyone bringing a lot of narrative

    still, itíll be fascinating to see how the league moves and twists around the draft, then thereíll be free agency soon after

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Interesting first day or so of free agency, chuffed the bulls managed to get Lonzo Ball, although I have to say Iím not that chuffed theyíve signed Alex Caruso, I think heís a wee dick hahaha

    lakers throwing every dollar they can muster at anyone whoíll sign, their tax bill will be astronomical

    steph signs another $200 mill + contract, first player to ever sign multiple such contracts

    Lowry to the heat, whilst Conley and probably CP3 staying put for big money

    still a few reasonably big names and kawhi to sign on somewhere.

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    New season started, Warriors looking good, Steph looking ominous

    My Bulls seem to have started well, Lakers not so much 😄

  14. #133
    First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New season started, Warriors looking good, Steph looking ominous

    My Bulls seem to have started well, Lakers not so much 😄
    Great start for the Bulls this year, hope they can make the playoffs, personally wanted to see Derrick Rose return but sadly wasn't to be! Lakers have a lot of really good players but doesn't seem to be happening for them on the floor - Ja Morant was by far the best player on the court the other night against them. Any thoughts on the Simmons situation??? Trade for Kyrie would make sense to both teams in my opinion, Philly couud use a shooter to really make them contenders and Nets need an elite defender...

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great start for the Bulls this year, hope they can make the playoffs, personally wanted to see Derrick Rose return but sadly wasn't to be! Lakers have a lot of really good players but doesn't seem to be happening for them on the floor - Ja Morant was by far the best player on the court the other night against them. Any thoughts on the Simmons situation??? Trade for Kyrie would make sense to both teams in my opinion, Philly couud use a shooter to really make them contenders and Nets need an elite defender...

    Simmons is in a really tough situation (partly of his making), he wants out, but his performances donít warrant another team throwing a lot into a deal for him, whilst the 76ers want a treasure trove, which they wonít get. I think what weíve seen for the last couple of weeks, Simmons playing silly buggers and the Sixers making a show of following protocols will last for a bit of time yet, and eventually a team like the Kings will end up trading for him, the Soxers wonít get anything like what they want, but will manage to get a reasonable amount for him, and heíll probably do ok somewhere like that. A trade for kyrie makes sense on some levels, but the Sixers would probably want reassurances that heíll toe the line (unlikely) and would be available to play (wouldnít be able to play in certain states due to covid regulations). Think the nets wouldnít be far from doing that trade though.

    Kyrie is a law unto himself, Iím not sure what will happen there. Any team trading for him runs a high risk that heíll take time off when it suits him (for various reasons), thereís the covid vaccination stuff going on with him, and heís occasionally a distraction, whilst also being an exceptionally gifted player.

    I was hoping Rose would go back to Chicago as well, but the Knicks threw a pile of money at him.

    The Lakers are dysfunctional, but will win plenty games through individual talent. Iím not a LeBron fan at all, so quite content theyíre not looking great hahaha

  16. #135
    Who we got for MVP this year (so far)?

    Gotta be one from KD, Giannis, Steph and Jokic for me. LeBron been quality lately but no chance heíll win it with the Lakers in such a low seed.

    Iíll say Giannis and if he doesnít get MVP then I think he deserves DPOY. I know it was a regular season game but the game he played against the Celtics on Christmas Day was unreal. For me, by far the most dominant player in the world on both ends of the floor.

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who we got for MVP this year (so far)?

    Gotta be one from KD, Giannis, Steph and Jokic for me. LeBron been quality lately but no chance heíll win it with the Lakers in such a low seed.

    Iíll say Giannis and if he doesnít get MVP then I think he deserves DPOY. I know it was a regular season game but the game he played against the Celtics on Christmas Day was unreal. For me, by far the most dominant player in the world on both ends of the floor.

    giannis probably is what youíve described, but heís not getting much media noise about MVP, I think it'll be Steph or Jokic. Steph has broken a few records this season, and the warriors have looked so smooth right from the off, heíd be my favourite right now. If the Suns can keep their momentum going then Chris Paul or Devin Booker might be outside bets too

    DPOY is a total crapshoot, usually goes to players with a lot of flashy blocks or steals, I personally donít think itís given to the players who really deserve it a lot of time. He would be deserving imo, as he alters so much of what the opposing players do because of his athleticism and agility


    on another note, the Bulls are flying, even with a lot of covid issues, especially when the league didnít really do much until several other teams started to have issues, a few weeks after the Bulls did. So nice to feel like your team is relevant again

  18. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    giannis probably is what youíve described, but heís not getting much media noise about MVP, I think it'll be Steph or Jokic. Steph has broken a few records this season, and the warriors have looked so smooth right from the off, heíd be my favourite right now. If the Suns can keep their momentum going then Chris Paul or Devin Booker might be outside bets too

    DPOY is a total crapshoot, usually goes to players with a lot of flashy blocks or steals, I personally donít think itís given to the players who really deserve it a lot of time. He would be deserving imo, as he alters so much of what the opposing players do because of his athleticism and agility


    on another note, the Bulls are flying, even with a lot of covid issues, especially when the league didnít really do much until several other teams started to have issues, a few weeks after the Bulls did. So nice to feel like your team is relevant again
    Very fair assessment on Steph but I feel KD is also getting a lot of media noise but with Harden playing at his old level and Kyrieís return imminent then Iím not sure heíll get it as the load is going to be divided between them.

    On the Bulls, Iím glad that Zach Lavine got another all-star to play with with DeRozan as feel like his career can now fully take off after so much individual promise.

    Surprise of the season must go to the Grizzlies! Spearheaded by Morant who is just unreal and they didnít even have him for a lot of this run.

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very fair assessment on Steph but I feel KD is also getting a lot of media noise but with Harden playing at his old level and Kyrie’s return imminent then I’m not sure he’ll get it as the load is going to be divided between them.

    On the Bulls, I’m glad that Zach Lavine got another all-star to play with with DeRozan as feel like his career can now fully take off after so much individual promise.

    Surprise of the season must go to the Grizzlies! Spearheaded by Morant who is just unreal and they didn’t even have him for a lot of this run.

    yeah Morant is looking special, the Grizzlies will cause more than a few teams some fits this year

    seems like derozan and Lavine are really hitting it off, and dovetailing very well. Lonzo ball is also fitting in really well, and I have to say, I was pretty underwhelmed when they signed Caruso, but he’s been brilliant

    KD is ridiculously good, all world player, i agree the presence of harden and soon to be kyrie will mean the load is shared, plus I think he’ll suffer (from an mvp perspective) in a similar way to his warriors years, too many outstanding players on one team ends up with none of them really getting close to winning mvp. Another thing I think sometimes goes against him (knowing he has won it before), is that’s he’s kind of a chippy personality, and can be quite touchy, compared to Giannis and Steph who are both generally seen smiling a lot and often having fun/clowning with teammates.

    it’s turning out to be a really interesting season, so many stories happening at so many teams

  20. #139
    First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah Morant is looking special, the Grizzlies will cause more than a few teams some fits this year

    seems like derozan and Lavine are really hitting it off, and dovetailing very well. Lonzo ball is also fitting in really well, and I have to say, I was pretty underwhelmed when they signed Caruso, but heís been brilliant

    KD is ridiculously good, all world player, i agree the presence of harden and soon to be kyrie will mean the load is shared, plus I think heíll suffer (from an mvp perspective) in a similar way to his warriors years, too many outstanding players on one team ends up with none of them really getting close to winning mvp. Another thing I think sometimes goes against him (knowing he has won it before), is thatís heís kind of a chippy personality, and can be quite touchy, compared to Giannis and Steph who are both generally seen smiling a lot and often having fun/clowning with teammates.

    itís turning out to be a really interesting season, so many stories happening at so many teams
    I would add Joel Embiid to the discussion, he's having an MVP level seaon - shame the 76ers are wasting it with their Ben Simmons stance.

  21. #140
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would add Joel Embiid to the discussion, he's having an MVP level seaon - shame the 76ers are wasting it with their Ben Simmons stance.

    can see this maybe biting the 76ers in the arse, theyíre determined to extract a mega deal for Simmons, but the longer heís sitting out the more rusty heíll be and the shorter a contract heíll have left, and his reputation was at a very low point after last years playoffs as it is.

    seen them getting linked with trading him for James harden, been stranger trades than that but I canít see itÖkyrie maybe lol

  22. #141
    First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    can see this maybe biting the 76ers in the arse, theyíre determined to extract a mega deal for Simmons, but the longer heís sitting out the more rusty heíll be and the shorter a contract heíll have left, and his reputation was at a very low point after last years playoffs as it is.

    seen them getting linked with trading him for James harden, been stranger trades than that but I canít see itÖkyrie maybe lol
    Harden to Philly now seems somewhat plausible apparently! It makes perfect sense to me - Simmons would improve the Nets and Harden would improve Philly. Only stumbling block might be that Brooklyn are apparently asking for Curry to be part of the deal. I have a feeling they might choose to wait until the post season and try and package some kind of Simmons deal then. I'm also not 100% sure where Ben Simmons is mentally - it has been suggested his issues are a bit more complicated than simply wanting out of Philadelphia. Would he turn up ready to play somewhere else?? It's a gamble but could really pay off for whoever takes the chance on him.

    I wonder if the moves in Portland tonight might tempt Lillard to try and force a trade? I could see the 76ers being a possible destination for him if Harden doesn't happen? I think the time has come for Portland to blow up this team and rebuild as they've been going nowhere for a while now and could free up a whole load of salary cap space in the summer.

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harden to Philly now seems somewhat plausible apparently! It makes perfect sense to me - Simmons would improve the Nets and Harden would improve Philly. Only stumbling block might be that Brooklyn are apparently asking for Curry to be part of the deal. I have a feeling they might choose to wait until the post season and try and package some kind of Simmons deal then. I'm also not 100% sure where Ben Simmons is mentally - it has been suggested his issues are a bit more complicated than simply wanting out of Philadelphia. Would he turn up ready to play somewhere else?? It's a gamble but could really pay off for whoever takes the chance on him.

    I wonder if the moves in Portland tonight might tempt Lillard to try and force a trade? I could see the 76ers being a possible destination for him if Harden doesn't happen? I think the time has come for Portland to blow up this team and rebuild as they've been going nowhere for a while now and could free up a whole load of salary cap space in the summer.

    think Portland might just be agreeing with you based on them doing some business, like youíve said I wonder i theyíll go the whole hog and move Lillard, that team has been stagnating for a good while now

    harden definitely seems more likely than before, I was listening to a podcast where they were talking about this potential trade. Seems harden has been bitching about the nets around the league, and thereís a strong suspicion he wonít re-sign with them (he has a player option next season I think). There was some discussion that the 76ers may just try to get harden as a free agent, seems like thereís some bad blood between them and the nets

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    7,806
    i have no idea what any of the last few posts mean but i have recently got into watching nba. Really enjoyed it. Not landed on a team yet so just generally support any teams who have green in their colours. except Boston!! Also really like to see Lakers get beat for some reason

  25. #144
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have no idea what any of the last few posts mean but i have recently got into watching nba. Really enjoyed it. Not landed on a team yet so just generally support any teams who have green in their colours. except Boston!! Also really like to see Lakers get beat for some reason

    I'm with you on the lakers point

    happy to help if you have any questions buddy

  26. #145
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    7,806
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with you on the lakers point

    happy to help if you have any questions buddy
    Cheers. Perhaps my enjoyment of it is increased by not really knowing what's going on and also that I haven't become attached to a team. I mean Hibs have totally ruined my enjoyment of football!!

  27. #146
    Hardly watched any NBA regular season but might try catch some play off action.

    Anyone watched the HBO series winning time yet? Got through 4 episodes so far and I'm enjoying it.

  28. #147
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardly watched any NBA regular season but might try catch some play off action.

    Anyone watched the HBO series winning time yet? Got through 4 episodes so far and I'm enjoying it.

    is winning time good? Iíve been torn whether to watch it or not

  29. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    is winning time good? Iíve been torn whether to watch it or not
    I have enjoyed the first 5 episodes so far with only one more to go but would recommend it.

    I know like most tv it's a drama and not 100% true but worth a watch if you like basketball.

    Waiting for the nets vs Celtic game 1 to start

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have enjoyed the first 5 episodes so far with only one more to go but would recommend it.

    I know like most tv it's a drama and not 100% true but worth a watch if you like basketball.

    Waiting for the nets vs Celtic game 1 to start

    cheers mate, will give it a bash at some point

  31. #150
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,297
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    How ridiculously good was Jordan Poole yesterday for the Warriors?! 30 points!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)