• Yes

97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much do ticketmaster charge for the functionality? They may do it for free
    It’s not the functionality of the system that was costing the money. It was the constant queries from fans about their points or complaining about the level points were set at etc that cost the money. Every time someone phone up to ask a question it has to be dealt with and takes staff away from what they were doing.
    I have no idea how much this cost but I was told it was an issue shortly before the whole thing was canned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    So there are 1000? diehards who go every week home and away and 14000 ST holders? That would suggest that the club do have to think about access to away tickets for the vast majority here so it's not bull. It night not reason enough in itself not to re-introduce a loyalty scheme but it is a consideration isn't it?
    In your opinion it’s not bull. Other folk will think it’s bull.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s not the functionality of the system that was costing the money. It was the constant queries from fans about their points or complaining about the level points were set at etc that cost the money. Every time someone phone up to ask a question it has to be dealt with and takes staff away from what they were doing.
    I have no idea how much this cost but I was told it was an issue shortly before the whole thing was canned.

A simple scheme using modern functionality, sounds a sensible option
    Last edited by Dancehibs; 12-10-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I struggle to understand why people feel it's fair for someone who goes to no away games but has a season ticket has the same chances of getting a ticket as somebody who goes to every away game and has a season ticket
    You're right, it's not rocket science.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yeah but in a similar vein it’s not rocket science to think that all ST holders should have an equal opportunity.

It’s not that folk don’t understand your point of view, it’s just that some people see it differently.

There’s no right or wrong, just different views.

Again, why do you care if some people don’t see the merit in a loyalty scheme? No one here is a decision maker.

You need to convince the board to change their mind, not some strangers on here or social media.

In your opinion it’s not bull. Other folk will think it’s bull.
    Dismissing opposing opinions just because you don’t agree is bull.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

The communications couldn’t have been clear enough?

Or we’re just not as intelligent as Hearts fans who seem to be able to grasp it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Oh that's nice, you have 'some sympathy' for fans who travel the length and breadth of Scotland to follow Hibs only to be told that some Johny-come-lately of an away fan has got a ticket for Tynecastle instead of them? The value of a season ticket is that you get access to 18 home league games throughout the season, as well as having a very good chance of securing away tickets to every single game if you so wish.

As I will explain for the very last time on this matter, a loyalty points system wouldn't stop people who don't venture out of EH7 from getting a Tynecastle ticket, it would just ensure that those who do are given first refusal, and even if our 1,000 strong loyal travelling support all buy a ticket, then there are 3,000 Roseburn tickets left.

This.
    Is.
    Fair.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Dismissing opposing opinions just because you don’t agree is bull.
    Using an emoji has convinced me you’re correct

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's pretty obvious the cost is not prohibitive.
    How much does it cost to run?

Using an emoji has convinced me you’re correct
    It might not be. It’s just my opinion.

My opinion (and I’ve not read through all 8 pages so forgive me if someone else has said similar) is that we either need to h e a loyalty points scheme or we revert to a name in a hat ballot for tickets. It’s a lottery as it is but at the moment it’s an unfair lottery as it all depends on your work commitments, internet access/speeds, luck of whether the system kicks you out or not etc. If Leeann is genuine about not having LP’s then after AST holders getting tickets the remaining amount should go to a ballot for those lucky enough to come out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    My opinion (and I’ve not read through all 8 pages so forgive me if someone else has said similar) is that we either need to h e a loyalty points scheme or we revert to a name in a hat ballot for tickets. It’s a lottery as it is but at the moment it’s an unfair lottery as it all depends on your work commitments, internet access/speeds, luck of whether the system kicks you out or not etc. If Leeann is genuine about not having LP’s then after AST holders getting tickets the remaining amount should go to a ballot for those lucky enough to come out.
    Ballot would take ages for ticket staff to pull all the names out a hat. Cost of that scheme could stop Lenny buying players in January

Ballot would take ages for ticket staff to pull all the names out a hat. Cost of that scheme could stop Lenny buying players in January
    I’m going to stick my neck on the line and say that of all the clubs to hold ballots, absolutely none of them literally ‘pull names from a hat’... I’d guarantee there’s a system in place already which makes it very simple indeed.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I’m going to stick my neck on the line and say that of all the clubs to hold ballots, absolutely none of them literally ‘pull names from a hat’... I’d guarantee there’s a system in place already which makes it very simple indeed.
    :

Think it was a joke

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I disagree with the arguement that a Loyalty Point scheme devalues a season ticket. We have 14000 ST holders and bumper home crowds that were unthinkable a few years ago, but our travelling support hasn’t increased by that much from what it’s always been, and this suggests that most ST holders are happy taking their seat for home games, but for what will be a variety of different reasons, not as enthusiastic about travelling to away matches, and a Loyalty Scheme wouldn’t put that many fans off from renewing.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A ballot would be fine if demand exceeded supply for every away match, but the only time this happens is at Ibrox, Celtic Park and Tynecastle. It’s only fair that those who travel regularly to the less in-demand fixtures are given first opportunity to buy for the high demand matches. Our travelling support is not at the numbers to require a regular ballot system, and to implement one for Ibrox, Celtic Park or Tynecastle would be unfair at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I disagree with the arguement that a Loyalty Point scheme devalues a season ticket. We have 14000 ST holders and bumper home crowds that were unthinkable a few years ago, but our travelling support hasn’t increased by that much from what it’s always been, and this suggests that most ST holders are happy taking their seat for home games, but for what will be a variety of different reasons, not as enthusiastic about travelling to away matches, and a Loyalty Scheme wouldn’t put that many fans off from renewing.
    That’s a more than decent point. I’m not so sure our away crowds haven’t increased though. It’s not so long ago that Ibrox, Tynecastle and Parkhead regularly went to public sale. But you are right, away crowds have not increased by as much as you would expect given the number of STs we have. You have me re-thinking my position on this.

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s a more than decent point. I’m not so sure our away crowds haven’t increased though. It’s not so long ago that Ibrox, Tynecastle and Parkhead regularly went to public sale. But you are right, away crowds have not increased by as much as you would expect given the number of STs we have. You have me re-thinking my position on this.
    Also outside of the three fixtures mentioned above, all the other games all season ticket holders have access at the same time to get tickets. No issues and people don’t miss out.

There must be a simple solution to look after circa 1000 hardcore away fans

Also outside of the three fixtures mentioned above, all the other games all season ticket holders have access at the same time to get tickets. No issues and people don’t miss out.

There must be a simple solution to look after circa 1000 hardcore away fans
    There is a simple solution. Hibs could open up the away season ticket membership. Every die-hard would surely buy one. Hibs then hold a ballot for the games where away STs exceed the number of tickets available.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    They don’t need compared. That’s a real irrelevance.
    To the club it's not. A 400 quid purchase or an happy away traveller.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    A ballot would be fine if demand exceeded supply for every away match, but the only time this happens is at Ibrox, Celtic Park and Tynecastle. It’s only fair that those who travel regularly to the less in-demand fixtures are given first opportunity to buy for the high demand matches. Our travelling support is not at the numbers to require a regular ballot system, and to implement one for Ibrox, Celtic Park or Tynecastle would be unfair at present.
    Is it more unfair than the current system of trying to buy one through ticket master? I’d rather save the hassle of time off, frustrations etc just to have a lottery (this scenario is only my preference IF the club continue with the no LP’s stance).

What the club is basically saying is unless you go to every single away game then you have the same rights as someone who goes to none but buys a season ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Oh that's nice, you have 'some sympathy' for fans who travel the length and breadth of Scotland to follow Hibs only to be told that some Johny-come-lately of an away fan has got a ticket for Tynecastle instead of them? The value of a season ticket is that you get access to 18 home league games throughout the season, as well as having a very good chance of securing away tickets to every single game if you so wish.

As I will explain for the very last time on this matter, a loyalty points system wouldn't stop people who don't venture out of EH7 from getting a Tynecastle ticket, it would just ensure that those who do are given first refusal, and even if our 1,000 strong loyal travelling support all buy a ticket, then there are 3,000 Roseburn tickets left.

This.
    Is.
    Fair.
    Very well put......bang on the money!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    What the club is basically saying is unless you go to every single away game then you have the same rights as someone who goes to none but buys a season ticket.
    Or you could say that the club values those who are putting a large amount of cash upfront in to our own club every season and don’t want to see them have no chance of tickets to away games. Spin it how you like.
    I have never seen attending football matches as a hardship so I have never felt I should be rewarded for being lucky enough to go to more games than most. There is no sacrifice involved that deserves any more recognition than other fans. A day out at the fitba is fun. Some of the attempts on here to divide the fans in to groups of diehards and Johnny come latelys is depressing. We’d all go every week if we could.

Or you could say that the club values those who are putting a large amount of cash upfront in to our own club every season and don’t want to see them have no chance of tickets to away games. Spin it how you like.
    I have never seen attending football matches as a hardship so I have never felt I should be rewarded for being lucky enough to go to more games than most. There is no sacrifice involved that deserves any more recognition than other fans. A day out at the fitba is fun. Some of the attempts on here to divide the fans in to groups of diehards and Johnny come latelys is depressing. We’d all go every week if we could.
    Get your point J, however, some make sacrifices to follow the Club.

It's an expensive business, know a fair few who would travel to Venus on a Tuesday night. Not trying to be elitist or uber fan like, but do these people not deserve to be top of ticketing arrangements?

AST is great for some, but LP system would be fairer. Shame Club can't see that.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Get your point J, however, some make sacrifices to follow the Club.

It's an expensive business, know a fair few who would travel to Venus on a Tuesday night. Not trying to be elitist or uber fan like, but do these people not deserve to be top of ticketing arrangements?

AST is great for some, but LP system would be fairer. Shame Club can't see that.
    As long as the club retain the AST scheme then I’ll be happy as it works for me. My fear is that one day they just pull the plug on that as they did with loyalty points.

Despite benefitting from this scheme I still think loyalty points would work better for all. For instance you might have some one who is a walk up at ER 10-12 times a season and attends the odd away game when they get a chance. When the next cup final comes round they’ll then have absolutely no priority and are lobbed in with the real day trippers.

It wasn't too long ago my account was showing well over 500 points and I was getting first bat at a ticket. Other than finals, I have to admit to not being interested in any away games, including the derbies. Been there, done it and bought the T-Shirt as they say, too many family commitments now and home games will do for me.

My point is I suspect I wasn't the only one and there will have been many more that were in my position, had the points but not interested.

There are pros and cons on both sides, but if it was up to me I'd go back to the old days of queuing outside the ground and that would be it. Done it for years in the wind and rain and is the fairest way imo. That'll be as popular as a Hearts win on here but there you have my tuppence worth

PS I did go the semi at tynecastle and would do so again.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    To the club it's not. A 400 quid purchase or an happy away traveller.
    We had both at one point. No real brainier.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm undecided on this one, and think there are a number of viewpoints which hold merit but don't think there are absolute answers as some do.

I do think it is important that all season ticket holders get at least a chance of getting tickets to the derby at Tynecastle but don't see a problem in a portion being reserved to the fans attending most away games. Allocating all tickets based on attendance causes big problems to those who can't make a lot of away games for whatever reason (living elsewhere, family commitments, work affordability, etc). I wouldn't want to see a closed shop and think a person buying a season ticket is making a big commitment to the club. I don't think anyone could say a ST holder was undeserving of a ticket for the away derby. I do, however, think that the allocation of tickets at the moment is pretty hopeless (dependence on a pretty poor IT system) and the introduction of a ballot or the like would ensure a fairer distribution of tickets. I definitely don't think it should be solely down to attendance though as this effectively discriminates against those that can't afford to go every week - whether due to a lack of money or time. I don't think that's where we should be as a club.

A big furore also seemed to have been caused by the previous award of loyalty points for those who contributed to HSL. I get how people saw a problem with this as it was effectively rewarding those who could afford to put money into the club but there is a similar argument which could be made about attendance. And, if people think money put into the club shouldn't influence the award of away tickets, how do they feel about the hospitality memberships? I am not sure but think I've read before that a hospitality membership gives you priority for away tickets (without having to attend any away matches). It just goes to show that this area is a minefield and the club will never arrive at a truly popular or fair system. As I've said before though - the administration could certainly be improved on the current ticket scramble.

It's funny how things have changed over the last couple of years. I think if anyone had been told a few years ago that we'd have a good team worth following away from home and 15,000+ season ticket holders but that you might miss an odd derby now and again we'd all have taken it.