97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I’m saying is that they won’t not bring back a loyalty scheme based on 1 or 2 folk on here questioning it.

They clearly don’t value the opinions on here or they’d have brought it back no?

I just don’t see why you’re trying to pick an argument with other fans when your gripe is with the club?
    I’m giving my opinion, I’m not picking any argument certainly no trying here. Forum and all,that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Thing is, it’s not down to people posting on here, it’s the club’s decision.

The fact that a few posters on here are maybe against a scheme is completely irrelevant.
    LD has said a few times that she doesn't want it. The main reason I remember her giving (at last years AGM) was that she felt it devalued a Season Ticket and she didn't want that.

I personally think that there should be a loyalty system (although it would hinder me as I rarely travel for games), but the club have made themselves clear on it.

They've not made it clear why we shouldn't have a ballot though, unless I've missed it, which is something I'd like to see introduced for the limited availability games.

Allow ST holders a window(a week) to register their interest in a ticket, then if successful they have another window (a day) to then purchase their ticket. A second ballot can then be done with any remaining tickets which were allocated but not actually bought - it would save the system getting overran at 9am when tickets go on sale and everyone would be able to complete their purchase in 5 minutes rather than an hour+.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Matt
    I don't think the issue is cost or the actual scheme. It's been done to death this but ultimately the club sees season ticket sales as more important than loyalty points. You can see their point.
    Dempster stopped them. Working group new nothing about. Fans director wanted it kept and had no input to the decision. So the club didn’t decide. One person conflicted by her HSL role , through her toys out her pram

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Appears to me that once again it’s down to communication.

The club could easily put something on the website explaining why they don’t want a scheme or seeking out what demand there is.

We might not all agree but it would nip a few theories in the bud.

I would have said it could be one for the fans reps but I don’t know if we even have them anymore. They’re certainly never around when contentious issues are being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    LD has said a few times that she doesn't want it. The main reason I remember her giving (at last years AGM) was that she felt it devalued a Season Ticket and she didn't want that.

I personally think that there should be a loyalty system (although it would hinder me as I rarely travel for games), but the club have made themselves clear on it.

They've not made it clear why we shouldn't have a ballot though, unless I've missed it, which is something I'd like to see introduced for the limited availability games.

Allow ST holders a window(a week) to register their interest in a ticket, then if successful they have another window (a day) to then purchase their ticket. A second ballot can then be done with any remaining tickets which were allocated but not actually bought - it would save the system getting overran at 9am when tickets go on sale and everyone would be able to complete their purchase in 5 minutes rather than an hour+.
    On the call with LD I referred to earlier I suggested ballot over the current lottery would be much fairer. I'm waiting on a response.I've suggested the same on here on previous threads.
    If the club (and like all of us,I love them) don't intend to give a **** about travelling fans then they should just say so and don't handle the tickets.
    Conversely, it seems the playing staff appreciate the travelling contingent very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    When the old points system was abandoned, the first game I missed out on was the cup game at Hearts in 2017. First Scottish cup tie I had missed in 36/years.
    I went radge and on these pages suggested I might consider telling HSL to forget my perpetual subs. A heated moment that I never went through with, but my rage was met with sarcasm and scorn by a poster, prominent on this thread, who now seems to believe that a points system will divert funds from the playing budget.
    At that stage, the lack of a points system was about to do just that. In my case.

I spoke to Leanne at the time (she in fact, called me) and was left in no doubt that the main reason the system was pulled was down to several complaints, of differing degree of politeness, about the decision to give HSL members an extra 100 points therefore taking them up the tier rating. Tier rating that was pivotal to getting tickets for the big ones.

Pitiful stuff. I never asked for anything extra and in return lost what I had.

I still had close to 700 points showing on my Club ticket log in and I’ve never heard a convincing argument for its abolition. Those who go no further than EH7 to watch the Hibs appear to be the most vocal about its cost to the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Dempster stopped them. Working group new nothing about. Fans director wanted it kept and had no input to the decision. So the club didn’t decide. One person conflicted by her HSL role , through her toys out her pram

I know which version of events I believe here........

Appears to me that once again it’s down to communication.

The club could easily put something on the website explaining why they don’t want a scheme or seeking out what demand there is.

We might not all agree but it would nip a few theories in the bud.

I would have said it could be one for the fans reps but I don’t know if we even have them anymore. They’re certainly never around when contentious issues are being discussed.
    Generally ticket purchases won't be an issue for them unless its one of them responding to how they use their own allocation. Different topic but the Fans Rep initiative has been worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I know which version of events I believe here........
    I hope its the right one.

I hope its the right one.
    Well only one of them makes any sense

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Man citys spurs away ticket sales criteria. Look how simple it is.....

22,000 Thursday, 04 October 18 at 10am 1
    20,000 Thursday, 04 October 18 at 3pm 1
    19,000 Friday, 05 October 18 at 9am 1
    17,000 Friday, 05 October 18 at 3pm 1
    15,000 Monday, 08 October 18 at 9am 1
    14,000 Monday, 08 October 18 at 3pm 1
    13,000 Tuesday, 09 October 18 at 9am 1
    12,000 Tuesday, 09 October 18 at 3pm 1
    11,000 Wednesday, 10 October 18 at 9am 1
    10,000 Wednesday, 10 October 18 at 3pm 1
    9,000 Thursday, 11 October 18 at 10am 1
    8,000 Thursday, 11 October 18 at 3pm 1
    7,000 Friday, 12 October 18 at 9am 1
    6,000 Friday, 12 October 18 at 3pm 1

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The club should ask fans who attend games to vote if they want a LP system or not.

A simple yes or no to the question, would you be in favour of a points system?

That way if it comes back a no vote then it could be put to bed permanently. If its a yes vote then club should look to implement it.

When the old points system was abandoned, the first game I missed out on was the cup game at Hearts in 2017. First Scottish cup tie I had missed in 36/years.
    I went radge and on these pages suggested I might consider telling HSL to forget my perpetual subs. A heated moment that I never went through with, but my rage was met with sarcasm and scorn by a poster, prominent on this thread, who now seems to believe that a points system will divert funds from the playing budget.
    At that stage, the lack of a points system was about to do just that. In my case.

I spoke to Leanne at the time (she in fact, called me) and was left in no doubt that the main reason the system was pulled was down to several complaints, of differing degree of politeness, about the decision to give HSL members an extra 100 points therefore taking them up the tier rating. Tier rating that was pivotal to getting tickets for the big ones.

Pitiful stuff. I never asked for anything extra and in return lost what I had.

I still had close to 700 points showing on my Club ticket log in and I’ve never heard a convincing argument for its abolition. Those who go no further than EH7 to watch the Hibs appear to be the most vocal about its cost to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    The cost argument is a red herring as it’s functionality is already built in to the Ticketmaster system that the club use and is entirely automatic, bar the physical act of typing one number in to a box when setting the fixture up on the system. There’s not even a need to check back when selling the tickets via the call centre and online has been the case recently. Works fine at other clubs and I’ve never known such an issue to cause such a consistent level of bad PR for the club apart from maybe the catering.
    Another on the subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The club should ask fans who attend games to vote if they want a LP system or not.

A simple yes or no to the question, would you be in favour of a points system?

That way if it comes back a no vote then it could be put to bed permanently. If its a yes vote then club should look to implement it.
    You only need skim the holy ground to see that's not how voting works.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    Another on the subject matter.
    I spoke to someone yesterday who works for Hearts. Asked him about their loyalty scheme. Everything is done automatically

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I spoke to someone yesterday who works for Hearts. Asked him about their loyalty scheme. Everything is done automatically
    No surprise there. Pity we're being spun a line on this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I said similar thing days ago. Easy thing to implement
    Last edited by Dancehibs; 12-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.

It's pretty obvious the cost is not prohibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    No surprise there. Pity we're being spun a line on this.
    That doesn't make it free - or even cheap - though, and the "line" from LD is that it devalues the Season Ticket - which she doesn't want to do.
    Mon the Hibs.

That doesn't make it free - or even cheap - though, and the "line" from LD is that it devalues the Season Ticket - which she doesn't want to do.
    100% correct.
    I have some sympathy for those that go to most games missing out on big matches but I also agree that the value of the season ticket should be protected.
    I think the away season ticket offers a good balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    100% correct.
    I have some sympathy for those that go to most games missing out on big matches but I also agree that the value of the season ticket should be protected.

Oh that's nice, you have 'some sympathy' for fans who travel the length and breadth of Scotland to follow Hibs only to be told that some Johny-come-lately of an away fan has got a ticket for Tynecastle instead of them? The value of a season ticket is that you get access to 18 home league games throughout the season, as well as having a very good chance of securing away tickets to every single game if you so wish.

As I will explain for the very last time on this matter, a loyalty points system wouldn't stop people who don't venture out of EH7 from getting a Tynecastle ticket, it would just ensure that those who do are given first refusal, and even if our 1,000 strong loyal travelling support all buy a ticket, then there are 3,000 Roseburn tickets left.

This.
    Is.
    Fair.

Left by mutual consent!
    How much do ticketmaster charge for the functionality? They may do it for free

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Oh that's nice, you have 'some sympathy' for fans who travel the length and breadth of Scotland to follow Hibs only to be told that some Johny-come-lately of an away fan has got a ticket for Tynecastle instead of them? The value of a season ticket is that you get access to 18 home league games throughout the season, as well as having a very good chance of securing away tickets to every single game if you so wish.

As I will explain for the very last time on this matter, a loyalty points system wouldn't stop people who don't venture out of EH7 from getting a Tynecastle ticket, it would just ensure that those who do are given first refusal, and even if our 1,000 strong loyal travelling support all buy a ticket, then there are 3,000 Roseburn tickets left.

This.
    Is.
    Fair.
    10/10 This protecting the value of the ST argument is BS
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

I don’t see how a loyalty points system would devalue a season ticket as you’d still award x number of points for being a season ticket holder so they always get a shout ahead of non season ticket holders. Again, just speak to other clubs, ask what feedback they’ve had, how they set their parameters, whether they feel it’s had an effect on their season ticket sales and the like. Yes it arguably only has an effect on games at Hearts/Rangers/Celtic, but in reality that’s a sizeable percentage of away games over the course of a season.

It’s already built in to the set up and indeed is already in use to a certain extent so that people can’t buy for a Category A game without having prior booking history.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

This.
    Is.
    Fair.

this

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    So there are 1000? diehards who go every week home and away and 14000 ST holders? That would suggest that the club do have to think about access to away tickets for the vast majority here so it's not bull. It night not reason enough in itself not to re-introduce a loyalty scheme but it is a consideration isn't it?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Not sure, don't even know if it would come from ticket master. My general experience of IT systems would leave me surprised if they, or anyone, would just give us the extra functionality for free though.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    100% correct.

The loyalty points system did protect the value of the season ticket in that ST holders were given their loyalty points on purchase of their ST whereas walk-ups built up their points over the length of the season.

I am all for loyalty points being reintroduced but, bearing in mind their purpose, renamed attendance points.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    I don’t see how a loyalty points system would devalue a season ticket as you’d still award x number of points for being a season ticket holder so they always get a shout ahead of non season ticket holders. Again, just speak to other clubs, ask what feedback they’ve had, how they set their parameters, whether they feel it’s had an effect on their season ticket sales and the like. Yes it arguably only has an effect on games at Hearts/Rangers/Celtic, but in reality that’s a sizeable percentage of away games over the course of a season.

It’s already built in to the set up and indeed is already in use to a certain extent so that people can’t buy for a Category A game without having prior booking history.
    Exactly.

eg.

400 pts ST
    10 pts/home walk up
    5 pts/away game

Means you can't outrank a ST by walking up but:

- ST+away games > ST and
    - for cup finals etc. regular walk up > cup final woodwork vacator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Take that up with Leeann.