97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if I have missed it, but one of the issues before were people buying tickets to ensure they got the points then giving them to friends family etc. This skews the system and keeps those at the top at the top. What would stop that happening with a new system.
    What stops fans buying £25 tickets and not going, yet they can buy a ticket for Tynie, Ibrox and Celtic Park

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’ve never said I’m against a loyalty scheme.

I’m discussing the merits of having one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The loyalty scheme actually makes it easier for Hibs to manage the online system. No idea how many logged on today. Let’s say 3,000 for arguments sake
    When we had the loyalty scheme tranches of 200/300 would only log on at the time. Out system is so poor and completely out of date for a club our size. I lost a ticket today due to it being like that
    We were promised a new and improved system. Where is it
    Is this the ticketmaster system? I agree that is hopeless. It’s probably the cheapest set up ticketmaster offer as they seem to deal with bigger events than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Apologies if I have missed it, but one of the issues before were people buying tickets to ensure they got the points then giving them to friends family etc. This skews the system and keeps those at the top at the top. What would stop that happening with a new system.

You'll always get points whores though, they can still only buy one ticket for a high profile away game though.

I attended every single game in our promotion season. Home and away. All cup ties as well, except the Scottish cup tie at tynecastle because I couldn't get a ticket. Is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Is this the ticketmaster system? I agree that is hopeless. It’s probably the cheapest set up ticketmaster offer as they seem to deal with bigger events than us.

That’s the one

What stops fans buying £25 tickets and not going, yet they can buy a ticket for Tynie, Ibrox and Celtic Park
    I would say that is an issue too. Do you disagree that 'point whores' (nod to HC for the great term) should be prevented in some way from becoming the elite/uber fans who would be almost guaranteed every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You'll always get points whores though, they can still only buy one ticket for a high profile away game though.
    Thing is though, why should the attendee, rather than the purchaser not enjoy the points. It would keep the system fairer as opposed to a few with loads of points miles ahead of everyone else.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think most people will understand that I was not saying Neil himself will be getting the money.

Nobody thought it goes in Neil’s wallet.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Thing is though, why should the attendee, rather than the purchaser not enjoy the points. It would keep the system fairer as opposed to a few with loads of points miles ahead of everyone else.
    In the system I mentioned earlier the purchaser/attendee would still be at the end of the queue behind the various season ticket holders.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I attended every single game in our promotion season. Home and away. All cup ties as well, except the Scottish cup tie at tynecastle because I couldn't get a ticket. Is that fair?
    Was the away season ticket in operation at that point? That would have been perfect for you if you were going to that many games.
    It’s not fair btw but the value of season ticket sales is the most important thing to Hibs.

I would say that is an issue too. Do you disagree that 'point whores' (nod to HC for the great term) should be prevented in some way from becoming the elite/uber fans who would be almost guaranteed every game.
    For me no one would get loyalty points for sell out away games like Tynecastle, Ibrox and Celtic Park.
    You’d gather all your points at the rest of the away games
    That means ones who go to Pittodrie etc for a night game are rewarded
    It’s very rare for us to sell out a category B game

Might also encourage more fans to go to away games, which was what it was all about in the 1st place

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    loyalty points should be dished out at the end of each season, a walk-up that attends every home game gives the club far more money that a ST holder, who's the more loyal fan then away ST holders don't pay money towards the running of the club
    It's actually not a terrible idea, not sure how serious you were being?

Rather than loyalty, it's attendance points. You collect points for each game attended and at the end of the season they get allocated for the next seasons ticket purchases. Do away with the AST as you don't need two schemes in places and the lions share if the admin work for this is done throughout the close season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Someone will be along shortly to tell you that it is fair because you went to so many other games that it was someone else's turn

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Absolutely not, why is why we need a points system.

It's disheartening that the board seem to be taking such a stubborn stance upon the loyalty points issue. It's a farcical situation, and the supporters are once again being ignored and taken for granted.

It's also ridiculous (although I appreciate this may be a Celtic issue more than Hibs) that there is now further tickets available that supporters were not informed about.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Any idea why it was limited to 300?

I’d have thought the 800 that Rangers give us is the lowest allocation we would receive from any of the clubs so we should be able to offer 800 ASTs no?
    It was limited so that season ticket holders had a slight chance of getting away tickets for the bigot brothers.

For me no one would get loyalty points for sell out away games like Tynecastle, Ibrox and Celtic Park.
    You’d gather all your points at the rest of the away games
    That means ones who go to Pittodrie etc for a night game are rewarded
    It’s very rare for us to sell out a category B game

Might also encourage more fans to go to away games, which was what it was all about in the 1st place
    I think that would be fair.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Id highly doubt you'd have so many people phoning to query loyalty points that it would mean hiring extra staff.

Again , I'm not really for or against loyalty points but this idea that cost is a factor doesn't really add up IMO.
    Cost/resource must be a factor. Why else would we have binned it?

Was the away season ticket in operation at that point? That would have been perfect for you if you were going to that many games.
    It’s not fair btw but the value of season ticket sales is the most important thing to Hibs.

I think it was so I guess it's my fault. Although I didn't plan on attending every game until I realised it might be possible around October/November.

It's an extreme example obviously but can quite easily happen again. I haven't missed a game this season except away Europe ones and again, I won't be at Celtic park

Our fans reps have already told us (that they have been told) they will not be brought back.

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder how other clubs cope with it being called a “loyalty scheme”

I wonder how other clubs cope with the increased costs and increased resource needed at their ticket office

I wonder how other clubs cope with point whores

I wonder how other clubs cope with season ticket holders threatening to stop buying their season ticket

Other clubs cope because it is such a simple logic: the more games you go to, the more points you get and the more chance you have of getting a ticket for the bigger games.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Despite having record Season Ticket numbers of circa 14,000, our away crowds have not really increased that much from what they’ve always been. Most away games will see between 1500 - 2500 travelling fans of which the majority will be regular travellers. It’s not unreasonable to suggest that they should be first in line for high demand games with limited allocations. The evidence is there that most of our 14,000 season ticket holders are quite happy to take their for home games to support the team, but not as fussed for away matches, and I’d argue that a Loyalty Scheme would not devalue a ST, and wouldn’t discourage anyone from not buying one.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    In a week or so another thread exactly the same as this will appear when the tickets go on sale for the PBS. All the same points will be raised all the same arguments will be discussed and nothing will be resolved. Then we get to through it all over again when the Hun tickets go on sale and so on and so on.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    What about a simple Ballot?

Everyone who wants to go to an away game, add your name to a list and draw the names out a hat.

Draw requires to be fully transparent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    What about a simple Ballot?

Everyone who wants to go to an away game, add your name to a list and draw the names out a hat.

Draw requires to be fully transparent.
    No much different to what it is now

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    No much different to what it is now
    Agreed but without the hassle / inconvenience / disappointment of the online scramble.

Left by mutual consent!
    If I don't get a ticket for the away end which is rare anyway then I sit in the home end.

It's no Biggie.

We don't need loyalty points. We rarely sell out our away allocation

We are riding a wave and this is what happens when you support a club that's doing well

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I wonder how other clubs cope with it being called a “loyalty scheme”

I wonder how other clubs cope with the increased costs and increased resource needed at their ticket office

I wonder how other clubs cope with point whores

I wonder how other clubs cope with season ticket holders threatening to stop buying their season ticket

Other clubs cope because it is such a simple logic: the more games you go to, the more points you get and the more chance you have of getting a ticket for the bigger games.
    10/10

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Any scheme need to be a simple as possible, and reward people who put their money into Hibs first.

So season ticket holders get 25 points, plus 1 for each home cup game. That prioritises season ticket holders.

Walk ups get 1 point for each game they attend but only for tickets bought online or over the telephone at least 24 hours in advance. That benefits those who pay money to Hibs for the home games.

Paying cash on the day means you miss out so there is no hassle for the ticket staff.

Those going to away games get 1 point for each match, except when we sell out our allocation. So they get rewarded for going to Pittodrie, McDiarmid etc but not Ibrox, Parkhead and the PBS.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.