hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hamilton - The worst team performance I have ever seen.

Shambles from start to finish. They give the ball away on an embrassing amount of times.

I actually don't think Hibs were good 2nd half either so could have been a lot lot more.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Aye here we go... could have been a lot more🤣 What like 10-0? 15-0? Or another equally ridiculous score line?

Could have scored at 0-0 when Efe let the ball over his heid, but Bogdan made a good stop.

But aye, they were awful.

Hamilton fans shouting Canning Canning GTF and I can see why. They lost heart badly and need he must fear for his job now

They were absolutely awful

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    A team low on confidence. The points that decide if they stay up will not be won or lost against us.

Hamilton didn't turn up today and got what they deserved - a real humping. It was easy street for Hibs for 90 mins.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Hope they get relegated

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's it, concentrate on the positives.

Did you not start the early leavers thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Did you not start the early leavers thread?

That was just a joke

They had no players booked today. Need I say more?
    Not the usual fighting display with niggly fouls we usually see from an away team at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    That's it, concentrate on the positives.

I agree with the OP, yes it was a great result but let’s be honest Hibs were in second gear.

I struggled to pick a MOTM as I honestly don’t think we had an outstanding player - it was so easy we didn’t need to.

Delighted with the 3 points and 6 goals, however strangely I was happier with the performance against Aberdeen

Ever since they sent us down I've been waiting for us to give them a humping. Somehow though it seemed a bit of an anticlimax though when you take into account that Scott Martin and James Keatings were playing, and there were basically hee haw Hamilton fans there to lord it over them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    I agree with the OP, yes it was a great result but let’s be honest Hibs were in second gear.

I struggled to pick a MOTM as I honestly don’t think we had an outstanding player - it was so easy we didn’t need to.

Delighted with the 3 points and 6 goals, however strangely I was happier with the performance against Aberdeen
    don't you think it was the intensity and level of our performance that had a major contribution to how poor they were? That was some performance for me...almost any if the team today could have been MOM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Could have scored at 0-0 when Efe let the ball over his heid, but Bogdan made a good stop.

But aye, they were awful.

Hamilton fans shouting Canning Canning GTF and I can see why. They lost heart badly and need he must fear for his job now
    Porteous left it, Ambrose pinned the striker so Porto had a free header. Thankfully Bogdan kept it out as those are the daft goals we’ve been conceding in games like today’s. Hamilton were absolutely chronic however. Very poor side and luckily for them it’s another season where there is at least one side worse than them.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Alternatively you could say that Hibs were so good we made them look so bad.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    It was a combination of both. Hibs were good, Hamilton were honking. We'll certainly play better and not win by that margin against other sides. But it doesn't matter. We gave a team a drubbing without really ever getting out of 2nd gear.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Reminded me of the 5-0 game against Cowdenbeath under Stubbs, the one where Lewie scored. We were as brilliant as they were awful.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    They were poor but we were excellent today. Hope they are relegated as they don't bring much to the league. They have a cheek berating Canning as he has worked miracles there over the years.

I think the thread title is an exaggeration. For all our early dominance, they could've been 1-0 up were it not for a great save by Bogdan. Accies knocked the ball about ok at times, but Hibs were brilliant; let's focus on our 4th win in a row in the league, 4th clean sheet in all competitions, and a result which sees us within 2 points off the top of the league (pending the Jambos game v the Huns).
    Last edited by SideBurns; 06-10-2018 at 08:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Not really interested how bad the opposition were, we won 6-0, let's be happy at that.

Celtic only beat them one nil

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have come on this forum before after a bad defeat and read that Hibs made the opposition look good and were awful

You can only beat what’s in front of you

They showed no attacking intent in the first half and Hibs still cut them apart plenty times

I think anything other than giving Hibs total credit for a great performance is really churlish

They couldn’t get near Hibs and consequently couldn’t resort to the continued fouling of our attacking players we so often see at ER from visiting teams

Well done Hibs fantastic performance

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    I agree with the OP. They were dreadful today. No fight, no spirit, nothing. Keatings showed more fight and ability in 10 minutes than the rest put together. The last time I saw a team as desperate as that was Hearts in the 3-1 cup game last year. They weren't even dirty and niggly which is the absolute minimum you expect from a Hamilton team. Where was the statutory booking for Imrie? I paid good money and expect to see him get booked😡.

Hibs didn't have to get out of second gear today and we won at an absolute canter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    don't you think it was the intensity and level of our performance that had a major contribution to how poor they were? That was some performance for me...almost any if the team today could have been MOM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree, I didn't think they were that bad, I just don't think they could handle the tempo we were playing at in that first half, and I doubt most teams could.

@hibs.net private member
    We made them look bad, we moved the ball really well. Quite a few teams would have looked bad against us today.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Shambles from start to finish. They give the ball away on an embrassing amount of times.

I actually don't think Hibs were good 2nd half either so could have been a lot lot more.
    That's the worst team performance you've ever seen? You must have missed Terry Butcher's Hibs then.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They were absolutely awful
    Who gives a f*k....horsed!

Quote Originally Posted by HFC 0-7 View Post
    We made them look bad, we moved the ball really well. Quite a few teams would have looked bad against us today.
    I agree we should realy give Hibs some credit for the result. It was a great team performance today.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    I thought they just couldn't cope with how quickly we moved the ball. Bit harsh to call them out on it. Doubt it will be the only pumping we administer at ER this year

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    I thought they just couldn't cope with how quickly we moved the ball. Bit harsh to call them out on it. Doubt it will be the only pumping we administer at ER this year
    We passed them off the pitch and when we weren't doing that Mallan was scoring from outside the box.
    A team can only play as well as they are allowed to play and they just spent their time chasing a ball that was moving accurately between Hibs players and out of their reach.
    When they did get forward they were gobbled up by Efe, Porteous & Milligan.