hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting to today’s game

Seen as the last thread got hijacked by some trying to force there Independance views upon everyone, it probably makes sense to highlight the roads that are closed today and the nightmare some will have getting to & from the game today.

Looks like Abbeyhill is closed all afternoon, combined with the road closures at Smokey Brae, Willowbrae, Portobello, the East side of Edinburgh is going to be absolute chaos this afternoon.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...urgh-1-4810449
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 06-10-2018 at 08:19 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    No doubt lots of people will ignore the advice and try and drive anyway, despite Edinburgh having excellent public transport.

I usually drive, but bus and walk today makes more sense.

If you cant take the bus all the way, park somewhere outside city centre and take the bus.

I suppose the alternative is to leave it really late, sit in a traffic jam and then blame everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No doubt lots of people will ignore the advice and try and drive anyway, despite Edinburgh having excellent public transport.

I usually drive, but bus and walk today makes more sense.

If you cant take the bus all the way, park somewhere outside city centre and take the bus.

I suppose the alternative is to leave it really late, sit in a traffic jam and then blame everyone else?
    I’ll jump on the train at Newcraighall or Brunstane, takes 10 mins, straight into Waverley then walk down.

If anyone comes from East Lothian, Park up at Newcraighall Park & Ride and train in. It’s a great service and hassle free.

Thank you. This is what the original thread should have been about - practical information with the politics kept on the Holy Ground.

Looks like I'm going to have to change my plans for getting to the match as I need the car for afterwards.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    I’ll jump on the train at Newcraighall or Brunstane, takes 10 mins, straight into Waverley then walk down.

If anyone comes from East Lothian, Park up at Newcraighall Park & Ride and train in. It’s a great service and hassle free.
    Wallyford's another option. Train takes 11 mins

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Wallyford's another option. Train takes 11 mins
    No North Berwick trains to Edinburgh this Saturday, further problems!

Presumably should be OK getting to the ground from the west though?

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Presumably should be OK getting to the ground from the west though?
    Will be ok with me driving!

Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    Newcraighall and Brunstane in the Borders line so hopefully that’ll be running fine.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Newcraighall and Brunstane in the Borders line so hopefully that’ll be running fine.
    Hope so, usually drive but sounds like it will be hellish so gonna jump on at Eskbank.

The only real problems will be city centre surrounding the High st and Canongate area they are the only ones closed till 4.30-5 ish

Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    Replacement buses on, using Market St for parking

I'm dropping the bairn at Mayfield Road so going to park around Newington/Marchmont way and walk down via a (drink free) pub stop. I followed the same plan the other week and even walking from ER to get the car I was still home slightly quicker than sitting in all the traffic at the usual routes out my way.

It's bad enough getting anywhere from the east of the city at the moment without throwing another big event into the mix.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm dropping the bairn at Mayfield Road so going to park around Newington/Marchmont way and walk down via a (drink free) pub stop. I followed the same plan the other week and even walking from ER to get the car I was still home slightly quicker than sitting in all the traffic at the usual routes out my way.

It's bad enough getting anywhere from the east of the city at the moment without throwing another big event into the mix.
    Also, you could get a number 5 to meadowbank retail park and walk thru from that area.

Left by mutual consent!
    Seen as the last thread got hijacked by some trying to force there Independance views upon everyone, it probably makes sense to highlight the roads that are closed today and the nightmare some will have getting to & from the game today.

Looks like Abbeyhill is closed all afternoon, combined with the road closures at Smokey Brae, Willowbrae, Portobello, the East side of Edinburgh is going to be absolute chaos this afternoon.

Yeah east side of town is brutal just now. Be worse on match day. Hibs should be encouraging fans If possible public transport, walk etc

If today’s travel problems don’t convince Petrie of the need for a helipad then we’ll never get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    If today’s travel problems don’t convince Petrie of the need for a helipad then we’ll never get one.
    Manned drone flights. Coming your way soon 👍

i saw the original thread as being hijacked by the red White & blue brigade myself.

heres to a Hibs win in the short run and a confident outward looking society in the long run under Boris Johnston (if thats your fetish) or as a normal place

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    There's no easy options if you live outside the city. Bus routes could be disrupted as much as car travel and if you live an area which isn't served by trains then you are chapping.

I'm not looking forward to today's drive at all.

You can also get a 49 from the fort which takes you through lochend and a 2 minute walk from the ground.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

I’m near there but have never thought of using it for the games, bit of a walk both ways, it’s normally 15 minutes drive to Lochend area to park so even with a bit of queuing surely driving is still quicker and easier.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You can also get a 49 from the fort which takes you through lochend and a 2 minute walk from the ground.
    Yeah, it’s currently being diverted through Mountcastle due to Brighton Place. With no one able to get down Brighton Place or along Willowbrae road, Mountcastle and Northfield Broadway are going to be gridlock.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I’m near there but have never thought of using it for the games, bit of a walk both ways, it’s normally 15 minutes drive to Lochend area to park so even with a bit of queuing surely driving is still quicker and easier.
    Won’t be today with all the roads closed that the OP listed

Seen as the last thread got hijacked by some trying to force there Independance views upon everyone.....
    Mr Pot Kettle, please keep your political views off the Main Board,

Thanks 😀

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Won’t be today with all the roads closed that the OP listed
    Realise that but I reckon it would need to take me an hour each way in the car before I’d consider making the jump to the train, will soon find out.

On another note, will be looking out for the “leaving early” thread tonight when I finally make it home!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    Realise that but I reckon it would need to take me an hour each way in the car before I’d consider making the jump to the train, will soon find out.

On another note, will be looking out for the “leaving early” thread tonight when I finally make it home!
    Given all the road closures, anyone able to post before 7pm will either have left early or be posting from a traffic jam.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    There's no easy options if you live outside the city. Bus routes could be disrupted as much as car travel and if you live an area which isn't served by trains then you are chapping.

I'm not looking forward to today's drive at all.

X62 to as close to town as possible, followed by a stroll down Leith Walk.

Bloody marches

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Spaces at Ingliston P&R now that the bikers have moved off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    That goes the long way round though doesn’t it? Be as well sitting in the traffic jams!

Testimonial Due
    Lothian buses Twitter is reporting delays on north bridge and George IV bridge.