hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Efe Ambrose best performance in a hibs shirt.

I love the big man. When he plays like that we are lucky to have him. Thought he was superb and MOTM by some distance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Outstanding today. Anyone who thinks he shouldn’t be a first pick every week doesn’t know anything about football IMHO.

Hanlon and Porteous were really excellent, but Ambrose was absolutely outstanding. A cut above every other player on the park..

Outstanding tonight

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    If people are in any doubt about Efes quality then they just need to look at that tonight. Absolutely outstanding.

First Team Breakthrough
    Immense, throughout

Testimonial Due
    Barely put a foot wrong, vital tackle in middle park in first half when I think hyndman lost it?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Looked class.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Wouldn’t say it was his best game for Hibs - he’s had loads of performances like that. A top class footballer who we’re lucky to have playing for us.

Superb today, nothing daft and tried to keep dragging us forward.

For every crazy moment Efe has, he has many more excellent moments, he was excellent tonight - but usually is for majority of most games.

the big man was immense , and was our group's MoM without doubt. think it was awarded to Hanlon, before extra time and he played well but Ambrose was top notch.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I am about to have an Efe moment

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Absolutely superb tonight. I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought he did everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely superb tonight. I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought he did everything right.
    can I be the first to include your post, with mine? he was superb.and you are not alone.

Offer big Efe a new contract, class act.

Classy player, who isn't afraid to make mistakes at the expense of playing football the way it should be played.

If only Scottish football as a whole could adopt that ethos, perhaps it wouldn't have been 20 years since we've been to a effing World Cup.

sometimes, last man defenders have to make a decision and it sometimes looks like he has done wrong, sometimes it works out just perfect. Last night, Efe had everything going for him but it was not all just by chance. he had one of of his best games ever and it was a real shame that he ended up on the losing side

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    The big man was different class last night.

I've never been a huge fan of Efe in the past due to his mistakes but he had a very good game last night, that's the kind of performance we want to see every week from him.

Efe Ambrose

Absolutely strolled it for the second time in 3 days. When this man is concentrating fully he his different class. One of the first names on the team sheet for me. He will have Efe moments but his contribution to the team over a season more than makes up for them. Strong, powerful, fast and composed. I've noticed Milligan is very vocal on the park. I'm wondering if this is helping him.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Absolutely strolled it for the second time in 3 days. When this man is concentrating fully he his different class. One of the first names on the team sheet for me. He will have Efe moments but his contribution to the team over a season more than makes up for them. Strong, powerful, fast and composed. I've noticed Milligan is very vocal on the park. I'm wondering if this is helping him.
    Plays better when Hanlon is beside him. Was outstanding last night

Efe was my man of the match, I thought he was the best player on the park by a mile. As for Efe moments, I think every player has these, because he is big and gangly he sticks out more, doesnae pee me off when I hear Efe moment said, but, its gettin there. He is a quality player and if he can play like this for most of the season he will earn himself a big move by the end of it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Plays better when Hanlon is beside him. Was outstanding last night
    No coincidence that we've had two clean sheets on the bounce with Hanlon & Milligan in the team. We've looked much better organised.

Looked like a £5m defender last night. Great performance.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Looked like a £5m defender last night. Great performance.
    When you consider Aberdeen want £12m for McKenna you could add another £10m on to your valuation of Efe

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Efe was my man of the match, I thought he was the best player on the park by a mile. As for Efe moments, I think every player has these, because he is big and gangly he sticks out more, doesnae pee me off when I hear Efe moment said, but, its gettin there. He is a quality player and if he can play like this for most of the season he will earn himself a big move by the end of it.
    A few of his Efe moments are because he plays a bit on the edge and is maybe trying something adventurous to open up the game. For example, his long throw right across the 18 yard box to Hanlon. Looked mighty close to the Aberdeen forward yet opened the field up for Hanlon to attack.

He was so good last night. My Man of the Match.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    When you consider Aberdeen want £12m for McKenna you could add another £10m on to your valuation of Efe
    If McKenna worth £12m then how much for young Ryan Porteous. He was immense last night against first a man mountain in Cosgrove and then a tricky little player in May.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    People won’t realise how good he is until he’s gone. Outstanding centre half.

Last few games he has been imperious.