hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Baseball

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just joined a fantasy baseball league. I have no idea what I am doing.
    I tried it once, since I really enjoyed fantasy NFL and football, and I do follow baseball. But you REALLY need to follow baseball to be good at this, paying attention to almost daily form in some instances, depending which platform you use.

Don't let your participation in that take your eyes off the ball when it comes to NFL draft!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I tried it once, since I really enjoyed fantasy NFL and football, and I do follow baseball. But you REALLY need to follow baseball to be good at this, paying attention to almost daily form in some instances, depending which platform you use.

Don't let your participation in that take your eyes off the ball when it comes to NFL draft!
    Everyone in the league is a beginner at Fantasy Baseball so hopefully I'll be ok.

And don't worry, I won't!

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Corneliusb
    Everyone in the league is a beginner at Fantasy Baseball so hopefully I'll be ok.

And don't worry, I won't!
    Been playing fantasy baseball for a few years, found I had more success targeting stud SPs in the early rounds of the draft although Chris Sale was murder last season for my team. Want a couple reliable closers to get saves because those aren't easy to pick up during the season.

Anyone else excited for Spring Training? Hibs followed by first Jays game of the year is setting up to be a decent Saturday afternoon for me!

Quote Originally Posted by allyhibee View Post
    Been playing fantasy baseball for a few years, found I had more success targeting stud SPs in the early rounds of the draft although Chris Sale was murder last season for my team. Want a couple reliable closers to get saves because those aren't easy to pick up during the season.

Anyone else excited for Spring Training? Hibs followed by first Jays game of the year is setting up to be a decent Saturday afternoon for me!
    Thanks!

I would be excited but my Red Sox have **** the bed this off season and handed the division to the damned Yankees already.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Thanks!

I would be excited but my Red Sox have **** the bed this off season and handed the division to the damned Yankees already.
    Going to be a rough season for the Red Sox by the looks of it! You have to figure they were told he wasn't going to sign there because trading away Mookie Betts is pretty insane. The farm system is bare too, could maybe be heading into a bit of a mini rebuild season?

Going to be a rough season for the Red Sox by the looks of it! You have to figure they were told he wasn't going to sign there because trading away Mookie Betts is pretty insane. The farm system is bare too, could maybe be heading into a bit of a mini rebuild season?
    Owner has said he doesn't want to pay the big bucks. So we can expect a few poor seasons!

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Owner has said he doesn't want to pay the big bucks. So we can expect a few poor seasons!
    Was always going to be the case after going all in for 2018. They will still be top 3 in the league for wage bill and you can only be so bad with Devers, Benitendi and Bogaerts! Wonder what punishment is coming, worse than Astros?

Was always going to be the case after going all in for 2018. They will still be top 3 in the league for wage bill and you can only be so bad with Devers, Benitendi and Bogaerts! Wonder what punishment is coming, worse than Astros?
    Not sure, if I remember correctly we were investigated for it during that season so not sure.

Still... long season ahead.

I hope someone pumps the Yankees!!