hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Being the summer capital of Scotland ...... Blackpool, place of my birth.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That must feel like you’ve just been to confession!

I just supported who my dad did.

He supported who his dad did.

And so on back to the days prior to WW1.

Dunno if anyone in the family took an interest back in 1875 though!
    If I did that I would be a Jambo. I am grateful to have intelligence and a free will.

Quote Originally Posted by joe t View Post
    I know a guy who, as a grown man, gave up supporting rangers and started supporting hearts. A real f*nny’s f*nny. A throbber’s throbber.

Probably the kind of guy who spends the vast majority of his life on his main rivals forum racking up a massive post count and creaming himself that he is undercover.

The reason for the change? Rangers signed Mo Johnston.

Now passes himself off as Mr super jambo..

Absolutely embarrassing.

He’s probably reading this now....
    You've just described my uncle, apart from the Mo Johnstone bit.

Whenever he tried to give me grief, id threaten to post on facebook one of many pics i have of him growing up in rangers tops and he hates it.

Now claims to hate the "old firm".

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I started off life as a Celtic "fan" - was actually my first ever strip. Reason for this was my Dad was a Celtic fan for purely glory-hunting purposes, but him and my Mum were not together and I just ended up following the same team as my old man. My mum then met my Step-Dad (Hibs fan - he used to sponsor us via Calor Gas back in the day!) when I was 9 who took me to my first ever football game, Hibs Vs Aberdeen, and I was hooked ever since/Hibs were instantly my team
    Last edited by The Spaceman; 14-09-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    No.

But a lot of ex-Celtic fans in the thread. Such a huge surprise. Shocked me to the core so it did.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    No.

But a lot of ex-Celtic fans in the thread. Such a huge surprise. Shocked me to the core so it did.
    Easy done.

I started with Hibs, my cousins took me as a primary school child. Got drawn to Celtic in my teens before coming back to Hibs.

i think when you are young and searching for your identity it’s very easy to make choices you later revert from.

I think there is rightly a resentment amongst us to being viewed as ‘cousins’ by Celtic fans, with all the sense of being patronised. I also think there’s a few of us who supported them at some stage, for whatever reason.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Maybe there are some fans who suddenly found them self without a club and started supporting Hibs in 2012.

I know a guy who, as a grown man, gave up supporting rangers and started supporting hearts. A real f*nny’s f*nny. A throbber’s throbber.

Probably the kind of guy who spends the vast majority of his life on his main rivals forum racking up a massive post count and creaming himself that he is undercover.

Absolutely embarrassing.

The other side of that coin is a pal of mine who grew up in the Weedge as a Rangers man, moved to the Ferry, married a good Hibs girl with a good Hibs dad.

Now he's a good Hibs man with a couple of fine Hibs daughters.

There is hope!

No wonder the average gate has increased with all these ex Tim’s and Huns now supporting Hibs
    I know one guy who was a Dunfermline supporter and now supports Hibs
    Another guy a hun from the pans but now such a big hibby he has an app for Hibs fans down south
    End of the day good for them
    But nothing compared to us born n bred hibbys
    GTTGH🇳🇬🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Grew up in West Lothian and my parents were hell-bent on me not being dragged into the Rangers/Celtc nonsense. My dad wasn't a football fan per se (other than a general love of the game), nor was my mum - dad's family were catholic and mostly Celtc fans, whilst my mum's side are all protestant and either Hearts/Rangers fans.

My dad was involved in the development of Almondvale, so he took me to watch Livingston when they appeared in 95. Followed them home and away until I went to University. Got utterly scunnered after the 2nd administration and all of the off-field garbage, including the screwing over of local businesses. It was then that a friend took me along to Easter Road and I enjoyed football again for the first time in a while.

I'd be lying if I said I don't still follow Livingston to this day...
    So you’re a Livingston fan then surely?

United we stand here....

Moved up to Scotland in my teens and kind of flirted with the Di Canio/Cadete Celtic for half a season. Then went to see Hibs and that was that.

Couple of well established users who are never off this forum coming out as ex celtic/yam supporters . The less vocal posters amongst us on this forum I'm willing to bet are the hibees from birth.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 14-09-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Couple of well established users who are never off this forum coming out as ex celtic/yam supporters . The less vocal posters amongst us on this forum I'm willing to bet are the hibees from birth.
    The zeal of the converted...

But to be honest it's not really worth questioning people's loyalties, staunchness, whatever you want to call it. If the only people who ought to be hibs fans are guys from Leith with three generations of hibs support behind them then you'd have about six people at the games.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    No wonder the average gate has increased with all these ex Tim’s and Huns now supporting Hibs
    Another guy a hun from the pans but now such a big hibby he has an app for Hibs fans down south
    GTTGH
    Put your rod away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Was a jambo up until I was ten because I lived in Gorgie. I have hardly missed a home game in fifty years plus loads of away games and most of the cup games add in all the semi finals plus all the finals.
    I would still watch the odd home game at Tinycastle up until 1990 since then I will not even give them the money to watch my beloved HIBS. I have probably watched HIBS more times than you have had hot dinners and could tell you anything you want to know about hibs and have probably forgotten more than you know. I note that you only joined dot.net in February 2016 only three months before we ended 114 years of hurt that tells a story in itself

The clue is in the thread title.

I haven't replied before now because I have nothing to offer beyond a vague interest in Stirling Albion when I was at uni there, which isn't the same as supporting them.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    My brothers are all Arabs due to my grandad coming from Dundee. One is particularly involved with them.

As we came from the east side of Edinburgh and my grandma being Mick Whelahan’s niece, I followed the Hibs.

Do take an interest in Dundee Utd games and have seen them win the league as well as some great European nights which was mainly down to me being the only brother with a car at the time!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    GTTGH🇳🇬🇳🇬
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Put your rod away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Maybe there are some fans who suddenly found them self without a club and started supporting Hibs in 2012.
    The sort of creature that limply walked away and let their club die?

Not welcome here.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!

Absolutely embarrassing.

I know a guy who shut down his Rangers supporters branch and put the bus off the road because they signed Mo Johnston. But continued to **** his Catholic wife. A bitter, twisted *****er of the highest order.

Up to the age of 10 I didn't really support any senior side. However my Grandparents lived in Dundee and my Grandad would often take me to see whichever of the Dundee teams were playing at home. I have fond memories of Dundee winning the league in the early 60s and 20 years later Dundee Utd emulating their achievement.

My family moved to Manchester when I was 10 and most of my school pals were United supporters so I started supporting them eventually going to Old Trafford regularly through the mid 60s. Returning to Scotland in 1968 I couldn't decide who to support but after going to matches at Tynecastle and Easter Road I realised that it was a no brainer and made Hibs my team.

Used to support Aberdeen when I lived there and some of my family supported them. Also they beat Real Madrid once and will never let anyone forget.

Kinda lost interest when they didn't want to build or refurbish the stadium in, you know actually Aberdeen itself.

Then moved to Leith and saw the light, kinda literally cos the stadiums' pretty close by.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Was a jambo up until I was ten because I lived in Gorgie. I have hardly missed a home game in fifty years plus loads of away games and most of the cup games add in all the semi finals plus all the finals.
    I would still watch the odd home game at Tinycastle up until 1990 since then I will not even give them the money to watch my beloved HIBS. I have probably watched HIBS more times than you have had hot dinners and could tell you anything you want to know about hibs and have probably forgotten more than you know. I note that you only joined dot.net in February 2016 only three months before we ended 114 years of hurt that tells a story in itself
    Because all hibs fans are on this forum ofcourse.

When I was wee I supported the great Liverpool team of the early/mid 80’s. The first match my dad took me too was Hearts v Falkirk but some kid was mean to me because I didn’t have any Hearts gear and I didn’t take to the scarf twirling nonsense so I developed an immediate and lifelong dislike to them. My first Hibs match was a 5-2 (I think) win against St Mirren with Mickey Weir running the show.
    Last edited by jakedance; 15-09-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    What made you switch from Thistle to Hibs ?
    My laptop has autocorrect and typed Patrick I see, argh.

I wanted to go to games with my pals and I lived in Edinburgh since I was 6 year old after 4 years in East Kilbride. Loved Thistle but wanted to go games with pals rather than just my Dad.
    When we moved to Edinburgh in 1976 my Dad took me to a Hearts game to see if I'd support them but I ended up cheering on Clydebank.
    Still go to Thistle games with my Dad when I can though. And I was even in the Thistle end at Hibs v Thistle last season.

My coolest pals were all Hibs of course. I've always hated sectarianism and a lot of the Hearts fans I knew were racist and bigoted.
    Not all of them but was quite prevalent.
    Last edited by joe breezy; 15-09-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Because all hibs fans are on this forum ofcourse.
    Yeah, certainly helps if you read the title of the thread before prejudging fellow HIBS fans that are probably better qualified more committed and more loyal than you and are probably more entitled to call themselves HIBS fans the only error they have have made is publicly admitting on HIBS.net that their allegiance was elsewhere until realising the error of their ways.
    😁
    GGTTH
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 15-09-2018 at 01:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I chose to support Hibs.

You didn't.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Yeah, certainly helps if you read the title of the thread before prejudging fellow HIBS fans that are probably better qualified more committed and more loyal than you and are probably more entitled to call themselves HIBS fans the only error they have have made is publicly admitting on HIBS.net that their allegiance was elsewhere until realising the error of their ways.
    😁
    GGTTH
    Aye you may question my loyalty, my commitment, I can't prove or disprove on this but you can never question how many teams I've supported.

Hibs my one and only true love from birth to death.

Aye you may question my loyalty, my commitment, I can't prove or disprove on this but you can never question how many teams I've supported.

Do you want a medal?

You probably fall into the same category as a huge percentage of our fan base but really who cares? If someone chooses to support Hibs at 10, 20, 30 or whatever they are still a Hibs fan and their commitment and loyalty starts then rather than being judged as some imagined hereditary birthright.

Based on that stupid logic wonder how my Mrs feels as I was married before ? Oh and she is a Jambo not that that matters.

😂