hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dirty players

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not one of ours but the footage of Tommy Gemmell chasing after the German player who had just tripped him up is superb. Gemmell ran round Hampden trying and failing to boot the guy up the backside after being fouled by him. Gemmell was sent off and I think Scotland also lost the game and in doing so failed to qualify for the WC in Mexico in 1970. Talk about red mist.
    Under our new rules,as demonstrated by Alan McGregor and Naismith, that is probably allowed nowadays.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Kenny Burns.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    He was nuts can remember a Forest Arsenal game at Highbury and he had a fall out with one of the Arsenal players. The same Arsenal player was trying to edge into Forests defensive wall for a free kick when Burns stood behind him and headbutted him in the back of the head just as the free kick was taken.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He was nuts can remember a Forest Arsenal game at Highbury and he had a fall out with one of the Arsenal players. The same Arsenal player was trying to edge into Forests defensive wall for a free kick when Burns stood behind him and headbutted him in the back of the head just as the free kick was taken.
    The things that stick with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2NhFoXT9s8

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The things that stick with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2NhFoXT9s8
    Yep thats the one.

Maybe more an insidious, toxic wee toad than outright dirty (although he had more than a just a few moments), Joey Barton surely merits inclusion in this gang of radges!

@hibs.net private member
    Kyle Lafferty must be due a call up to the dirty bassas 11.

Blog Entries
    Totally hadnt realised Cropley didnt play in that final as was a young pup and mortified we got horsed in the game. Can remember being given a coin or two from friendly/patronising Celtic fans at the game every time they scored so made a few bob but absolutely devastated as thought we would win.

Quite an interesting article about Jim Herriot mentioning the final.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...-6-1-1-2937684
    Fergie fled up the tunnel at the end pursued by Eric S. Fergie ended up locked in the dressing room with Shades trying to kick it in to get at him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    John Hughes entered the HIBS Changing Room to enquire as to Bobby Duncan’s health after breaking his leg at Easter Road. He had to be removed from the Changing Room by Jock Stein who did not think it was a good idea as things kicked off.

https://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/yo...on-jock-stein/
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-09-2018 at 11:57 AM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    That's the incident that springs to mind for every time I think about him. No retrospective action, not particularly discussed after. No condemnation from Cloughie despite the whole incident captured on close up.

Edit. Just realised CWG added the video

Sent from my KFTBWI using Tapatalk
    Last edited by O'Rourke3; 10-09-2018 at 12:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    John Hughes entered the HIBS Changing Room to enquire as to Bobby Duncan’s health after breaking his leg at Easter Road. He had to be removed from the Changing Room by Jock Stein who did not think it was a good idea as things kicked off.

https://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/yo...on-jock-stein/
    "Unfortunately, Bobby had suffered a broken leg when I slid it to try to block the ball. His ankle got caught up in my outstretched leg and he collapsed to the turf in obvious pain. It was a complete accident, I hasten to add. The conditions were slippy that afternoon and we just collided with neither of us able to pull out."

Eh, naw.

Thug.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    "Unfortunately, Bobby had suffered a broken leg when I slid it to try to block the ball. His ankle got caught up in my outstretched leg and he collapsed to the turf in obvious pain. It was a complete accident, I hasten to add. The conditions were slippy that afternoon and we just collided with neither of us able to pull out."

Eh, naw.

Thug.
    Yip? That’s why I thought it worthy of the dirty players thread!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Did you mean this Tynehibs ?
    I did indeed billy , shades was my total hero , and he alone set up that classic goal

Quote Originally Posted by tynehibs View Post
    I did indeed billy , shades was my total hero , and he alone set up that classic goal
    Agree 100%

Met him at his trial for HIBS at Easter Road HIBS v Morton Reserves

He explained that he was on trial from Stirling Albion

He gave me and my friend two complimentary tickets and asked us to meet him after the game

After the game he took us into the old changing room where you could still see the stud marks on the referees door from the Barcelona game and let us run up the tunnel and out onto the pitch

Being HIBS mad twelve year olds this was a tremendous thrill as you can imagine

We both informed him that we thought he had done enough to get offered a contract

The rest they say is history

A nicer guy you could not wish to meet.

A HIBS legend

RIP

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    May have this wrong but am sure Burns won back-to-back player of the year, or writers’ player of the year awards round about the time Forest did so well in Europe, and I think he was the only Scotsman to do so., even Dalglish didn’t manage it. He was hard as nails but good enough for Clough. The Scotland team from his time was scary, full of guys winning European Cups and English league titles. Players like Souness were criminally overlooked yet it seemed justifiable at the time.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    May have this wrong but am sure Burns won back-to-back player of the year, or writers’ player of the year awards round about the time Forest did so well in Europe, and I think he was the only Scotsman to do so., even Dalglish didn’t manage it. He was hard as nails but good enough for Clough. The Scotland team from his time was scary, full of guys winning European Cups and English league titles. Players like Souness were criminally overlooked yet it seemed justifiable at the time.
    Kenny often played up front with Trevor Francis but he couldn't stand him. Kenny felt he did all the work & Trev got all the glory. When Scotland were playing England, Francis was running riot & Kenny was on the bench. He begged Ally Macleod to let him on so he could have a kick at Francis. When Ally told him to warm up, Kenny ran down the track calling Francis an English p--f & telling him he was coming on to kick his Henry Halls into his throat. Charming!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Pasquale Bruno.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Has Terry Hurlock been mentioned yet...he was an absolute animal.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibs formed a wall against a Rangers free kick.Johnston decided to worm his way in so Jim Blair stood on his ankle.Johnston nutted him and got sent off.Happy days.

My ex teacher Bobby Ford

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quite a few of the dirty players mentioned in this thread never played for Hibs. Just saying...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Doug Rougvie. Gregor Stevens. Almost every Hun defender during the seventies and early eighties. They had carte blanch to boot everyone as referees let them away with (almost) murder every week