hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wasted talent

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Talent isn’t always enough. You have to have the right mind set attitude and focus Players that immediately spring to mind that fall into that category in the current squad are Stevenson and Hanlon.

I remember someone telling me that Gordon Hunter was not the best player at Wallyford Primary but even at that young age you could tell he had the proper attitude he was extremely quick over twenty yards was as hard as f*** and was totally focused and committed everyone knew he was going to make it in the senior game before the more talented players.
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 06-09-2018 at 09:07 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually won the Scottish with tynecastle at under 15s and then the south east region with mussy Windsor, I was a wasted talent as I chose sex bevy & hibs instead, now I’ve my own little
    hibee to make sure he doesn’t make the same mistakes as this “ wasted talent “ of a dad
    Not quite the level I asked about then. Choosing 'sex' is an odd one as well. Didn't really see that as a career ending choice.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Not quite the level I asked about then. Choosing 'sex' is an odd one as well. Didn't really see that as a career ending choice.
    Girls and drink...two big reasons why promising youngsters drift away from the game. It's been very common over the years

The bp youth cup sides in the 90s had some cracking players

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Just having read the Scott Allan thread and saying how a player of his talent is wasted at Celtic sitting on the bench or in the stand, what other players come to mind that wasted their talent?

Riordan was another one ruined at Celtic. What a player he was, one of the best strikers I've seen in a hibs jersey in my years watching hibs and had he chose a better move away from us I reckon he would have had a fantastic career for both club and Scotland.

O'Connor another one with so much potential but though stupid decisions and choosing to go down the drugs route he really never hit the heights he should have.

Stokes - really should still be playing at a half decent level but sadly let himself down with having a poor attitude and an overly inflated ego.
    Still Scott Allan.