@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    We are Hibs we rule supreme.

Keep the faith.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...if you've not already, join HSL
    Already a member myself.........

If I wasn’t tho, right now I’d be asking the question why?

For what reason?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Already a member myself.........

If I wasn’t tho, right now I’d be asking the question why?

For what reason?
    People want us to be more like Hearts.

Hearts are making the number of signings they are because people are putting their hands in their pockets and giving money to FoH.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

Hearts are making the number of signings they are because people are putting their hands in their pockets and giving money to FoH.
    More like Hearts 😱

I wish nothing in the world for us to be, in any way, less like Hertz in everything we do

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    More like Hearts 😱
    A large number of people are holding them up as a shining example of how to operate because they have won their first 4 league games

Testimonial Due
    A large number of people are holding them up as a shining example of how to operate because they have won their first 4 league games
    A large number of ar5eholes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fantastic idea HSL!
    Just seems what is required on the field....The money WONT be invested!

We are desperately low on squad depth!

I know it,you know it....everybody knows it!
    Last edited by Ryan69; 02-09-2018 at 08:09 PM.

First Team Breakthrough

Totally agree. My problem here is tho we have doubled our average attendance in the last few season, had a fair amount of success, Scottish Cup, Euro, increase in sponsorship, and sold a few players.

Across the road the bring in £100k+ per month, yet manage to sign in excess of 17 players and win 4/4 beating Celtic and Kilmarnock.

We struggle to beat newly promoted Livingston, St Johnstone.
    We have signed a few ‘quality’ players over the season, majority have been on loan, which parent clubs will subsidise majority of the wages.

As a fan, I don’t like think we have done enough during the windows and backed the best manager I’ve seen at Easter Road in years.
    Why do I think that. Lennon clearly stated he wanted to bring more in at the tail end of the window. Result - Zero

2 players released which will cost Hibs but not as much as paying them wages for the full length of their contract.

Not good enough and doesn’t fill non HSL fans with confidence that the cash will be spent on players.

First Team Breakthrough

Totally agree. My problem here is tho we have doubled our average attendance in the last few season, had a fair amount of success, Scottish Cup, Euro, increase in sponsorship, and sold a few players.

Across the road the bring in £100k+ per month, yet manage to sign in excess of 17 players and win 4/4 beating Celtic and Kilmarnock.

We have signed a few ‘quality’ players over the season, majority have been on loan, which parent clubs will subsidise majority of the wages.

As a fan, I don’t like think we have done enough during the windows and backed the best manager I’ve seen at Easter Road in years.
    Why do I think that. Lennon clearly stated he wanted to bring more in at the tail end of the window. Result - Zero

2 players released which will cost Hibs but not as much as paying them wages for the full length of their contract.

Not good enough and doesn’t fill non HSL fans with confidence that the cash will be spent on players.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

You clearly have a much better knowledge of our clubs finances than I do.

Maybe you could share with us how much more money we are making nowadays and what we’re spending on wages and transfer fees?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    What’s the money being spent on then Slim?

Or should it just be spent anyway, on anything?

I’m missing the point I think.

And how much have the club lost in recent years thanks to the calamitous (self inflicted) relegation?
    And almost complete lack of sale of players of value, to balance the books over this time.
    I'm more critical than most of the governance of the club, but we aren't suddenly awash with money.

We struggled and lost to Livi, last season Hamilton came and hammered us at Easter Rd, St Johnstone also won at Easter Rd, neither result ended the season - any more than yesterday will.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    What’s the money being spent on then Slim?

Or should it just be spent anyway, on anything?

I’m missing the point I think.
    No idea where it is being spent.
    I would like to see our spend it (wisely) on bringing in players and keeping the feel good factor going, keep the fans coming back, keep attracting more fans to return. Not slipping back 10/15 years again.

Fans are there. We showed that with the crowds at parade when we won the cup. We haven’t even tapped into 20% of that crowd that cheered the bus from Chambers Street to Leith Walk. If we could we all know we would be in a great position.

First Team Breakthrough
    You clearly have a much better knowledge of our clubs finances than I do.

Maybe you could share with us how much more money we are making nowadays and what we’re spending on wages and transfer fees?
    Typical smart assed answer.
    At no point did I alude to knowing the above, however you know as well as every other fan our attendances have increased, we won the Scottish, finished in a Euro spot. Made money from our euro games, sold McGinn, Murray.

If you can’t debate the point sensibly, why bother replying.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

There will be no FoH money given to Hearts this year or next. £ 2.5 million is being accumulated to pay off Mrs Budge's loan so they can own the Club themselves.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    No idea where it is being spent.
    I would like to see our spend it (wisely) on bringing in players and keeping the feel good factor going, keep the fans coming back, keep attracting more fans to return. Not slipping back 10/15 years again.

Fans are there. We showed that with the crowds at parade when we won the cup. We haven’t even tapped into 20% of that crowd that cheered the bus from Chambers Street to Leith Walk. If we could we all know we would be in a great position.
    Not unreasonable points at all.

Totally agree that the current cash cow should be milked and Hibs benefit accordingly.

I’m with you on that.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    There will be no FoH money given to Hearts this year or next. £ 2.5 million is being accumulated to pay off Mrs Budge's loan so they can own the Club themselves.
    Which is why it’s all the more worrying that they’re sitting pretty at the top of the table. By right they shouldn’t have a pot to pish in right now.

before long all that money going monthly to Budge and the stadium costs WILL be spent on the team. And we need to be able to compete with that or they’ll get ahead of us again

HSL won't match FOH anytime soon.

Their launch was give us £10 a month or we die.

Ours is give us £10 a month if you can.

It's never been compelling enough for the masses wheras money or death was.

Sad but true

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    At no point did I alude to knowing the above, however you know as well as every other fan our attendances have increased, we won the Scottish, finished in a Euro spot. Made money from our euro games, sold McGinn, Murray.

I agree with you. If we hadn’t received a penny in transfers during the window I would’ve expected to see who we brought in anyway. We’ve got record season ticket sales, more prize money from being in the premier league and more money from European prize money. When you add in the transfer money I don’t think you have to be an expert on the clubs finances to realise that we’ve not spent anything near what we’ve brought in. The question is why, is it because we tried and didn’t get the players we wanted or is it because we decided to bank the money for other things.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

I know everything that you have pointed out but I have no clue how much the club are spending. I don’t know how much our wage budget is or how the extra money that’s coming into the club is being spent or not spent.

Given you have confirmed that we aren’t spending the extra money that we are bringing in and we are not backing the manager I assumed that was because you had an intimate knowledge of the clubs finances and expenditure that I didn’t.

As a layman looking from the outside it appears to me that increased attendances and earnings from transfer fees and european games is allowing us to sign 3 or 4 players for transfer fees in this window alone. Two players that were at the World Cup this summer and other players that probably wouldn’t be signing for us if we still only paid £2k a week maximum.

But that’s just me, and I don’t know s**t

Personally, I'd task our Directors with bringing outside investment to the club.

As someone who purchases 3 season tickets every year and has a d/d to HSL, I grow weary of the impetus for growing the financial side of the club onto the fans.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Personally, I'd task our Directors with bringing outside investment to the club.

As someone who purchases 3 season tickets every year and has a d/d to HSL, I grow weary of the impetus for growing the financial side of the club onto the fans.
    Bang on Scotty. The board as a whole needs to do more.

I know one very wealthy businessman fronted part of a consortium with an offer to fund Hibs with a transfer fund pot. This was shot down by the board, rightly or wrongly is not for me to judge.

What I do know is that he dared to question why Hibs will continue to pay back a lifetime of loans for shares rather use the same model used by many other SPl clubs that managed to write off debts / outstanding loans.

Other than have questioned the loans have also been vilified by the board members who receive personal gains from Hibernian Football Club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I think there's room for both. The club definitely should be looking to get money into the club from other parties, and I'd think that they are active in that respect.

Hearts are benefiting from mystery benefactors at the moment, there's surely similar individuals who would be prepared to back Hibs in the same way.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    HSL won't match FOH anytime soon.

Their launch was give us £10 a month or we die.

Ours is give us £10 a month if you can.

It's never been compelling enough for the masses wheras money or death was.

Sad but true
    What about aberdeen's scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think there's room for both. The club definitely should be looking to get money into the club from other parties, and I'd think that they are active in that respect.

Hearts are benefiting from mystery benefactors at the moment, there's surely similar individuals who would be prepared to back Hibs in the same way.
    Hearts are being backed by Directors from a long established Edinburgh fund management company, I'm led to believe, referenced outright by name by another poster on another thread.

We have a Director who is an ex-MD of an investment bank, another one who is ex-CEO of Aston Villa.

I'd like to see them live up to their billing by getting some serious cash into this club. I'll then up my d/d to HSL, as currently i feel as far as generating surplus monies for the manager, it's one way with Hibs at the moment.

So what happens if outside investment happens and we still sit around 3/4th in the league?

What then? You still going to whinge?

All I'm hearing is grown adults make unrealistic statements with no real thought process.

"Boo hoo, I want the big toy from the shop....boo hoo, the boy next door has one, boo hoo, it's not fair...."

Been watching Hibs for 30 odd years and can't remember a time when we were so strong as a club.

More concerning for me is that some people actually react so negatively at the slightest thing. How do they operate in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    So what happens if outside investment happens and we still sit around 3/4th in the league?

What then? You still going to whinge?

All I'm hearing is grown adults make unrealistic statements with no real thought process.

"Boo hoo, I want the big toy from the shop....boo hoo, the boy next door has one, boo hoo, it's not fair...."

Been watching Hibs for 30 odd years and can't remember a time when we were so strong as a club.

More concerning for me is that some people actually react so negatively at the slightest thing. How do they operate in real life?
    The thread title is "for those unhappy..." - I've gave you my rationale for how the fans and Directors can help achieve that. Beyond that I'm beat, I'm afraid.

The thread title is "for those unhappy..." - I've gave you my rationale for how the fans and Directors can help achieve that. Beyond that I'm beat, I'm afraid.
    Apologies. Perhaps remnants of a weekend where I've been ashamed at some of the dross posted on here. No personal offence mate.

Been a long, frustrating weekend.

Keep the faith 😶