hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Marx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think having a section of unallocated tickets at places like Livingston would help. Means some like minded folk who aren’t part of the singing section can go and join in.
    Couldn't agree more, especially in a ground like Livingston's where you're going to have at least a couple of thousand seats free. Why not just make two or three blocks behind the goal unreserved and designated for standing? It seems to me like Police Scotland (and sadly, to a lesser extent, Dempster) will not rest until Hibs fans are sat down and politely applauding goals. Any presence of standing, a drum or generally 'boisterous' support attracts police and cameras, and all clubs in the SPFL need to be doing more in telling the police to, quite frankly, bolt. They cause more trouble in grounds than they prevent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    What was happening that attracted the police to appear in front of the section in the corner?! Saw some boy get ejected near the end for bizzarely walking into the pitch to get the ball - he was always getting bombed out for that!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    What was happening that attracted the police to appear in front of the section in the corner?! Saw some boy get ejected near the end for bizzarely walking into the pitch to get the ball - he was always getting bombed out for that!
    The police were there for the whole game. For about the first half an hour they just stood there starring at the singing section. I noticed there was a lot of police inside the stadium for some reason, they were in every section. You wouldn’t expect there to be any trouble in a game like that.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The police were there for the whole game. For about the first half an hour they just stood there starring at the singing section. I noticed there was a lot of police inside the stadium for some reason, they were in every section. You wouldn’t expect there to be any trouble in a game like that.
    A boy near us got done for destroying a seat. Saw the polis taking his details after the game. The fact he was caught, does that mean Hibs won't have to pay for the seat to be replaced?

The cynic in me would say that they're trying to justify their budget. Anyone with half a brain would tell you that there's not going to be any trouble between Livingston and Hibs. You probably be fine with about 4 officers in the entire ground, most people are there with their families and sitting down. A minority are standing up and singing, and are only antagonised by being filmed/watched constantly by a group of 10 police officers.

Here's some evidence of what Scotland's finest were up to on Saturday :

https://twitter.com/libertine95/stat...16565231878146

https://twitter.com/Sinclair1875/sta...46741697273856

Until boards both at a club level and in the SPFL start speaking out against this, Police Scotland will continue to do as they please. They need to have their power curbed, and without wanting to bring politics into this, the SNP have a real blindspot on this particular issue.

ETA: If you want countless other examples of fans across the country being harrassed by Police Scotland, I recommend checking out the @FAC KilltheBill Twitter account. St Mirren fans being visited at their homes by police without prior notice last week.
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 03-09-2018 at 11:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    A boy near us got done for destroying a seat. Saw the polis taking his details after the game. The fact he was caught, does that mean Hibs won't have to pay for the seat to be replaced?
    Im sure they can replace it with one of the hundreds of empty seats in the rest of the stadium lolololol...

But seriously, some fans need to take a long look at themselves.... yes we are passionate, and yes we have a shocker, but some of the reactions had by some of the fans around me and while leaving was OTT! A few shouts of Lennon out from one guy.....
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 03-09-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    The cynic in me would say that they're trying to justify their budget. Anyone with half a brain would tell you that there's not going to be any trouble between Livingston and Hibs. You probably be fine with about 4 officers in the entire ground, most people are there with their families and sitting down. A minority are standing up and singing, and are only antagonised by being filmed/watched constantly by a group of 10 police officers.

Until boards both at a club level and in the SPFL start speaking out against this, Police Scotland will continue to do as they please. They need to have their power curbed, and without wanting to bring politics into this, the SNP have a real blindspot on this particular issue.

ETA: If you want countless other examples of fans across the country being harrassed by Police Scotland, I recommend checking out the @FAC KilltheBill Twitter account. St Mirren fans being visited at their homes by police without prior notice last week.

There is no way those tweets were posted by fantasist class warriors.

Mon the 40 Year Old Virgins

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I’m not sure, I would imagine that the guy who caused the damage would have to pay if he was caught.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    There is no way those tweets were posted by fantasist class warriors.

Mon the 40 Year Old Virgins
    Since I don't know the posters in question, I'll leave you to make the loaded comments about two of your fellow supporters.

Given that they were filming from where the singing section were standing, I'd take it that they follow Hibs pretty much week in, week out, and therefore maybe know a great thing more about Police Scotland's approach than you seem to.

When hibs are at home there’s no police to be seen at games against teams like Livingston, I don’t see why they’re needed at the away fixture. I saw a guy being arrested outside the stadium as well, I can only assume it was for something that had happened before as he was just walking towards the queue to get in.

United we stand here....

When hibs are at home there’s no police to be seen at games against teams like Livingston, I don’t see why they’re needed at the away fixture.
    While you could make the argument that some fans are more likely to get tanked up before an away game, if they are sitting/standing in amongst their own supporters, the chances of violence are greatly reduced, and you'd imagine that if anything did kick off between two Hibs fans, others nearby would be quick to step in and keep them apart.

Left by mutual consent!
    Since I don't know the posters in question, I'll leave you to make the loaded comments about two of your fellow supporters.

Given that they were filming from where the singing section were standing, I'd take it that they follow Hibs pretty much week in, week out, and therefore maybe know a great thing more about Police Scotland's approach than you seem to.
    Thanks for the guidance. Just for clarity, it's ok to make comments about the police they were filming? I wouldn't like to be accused of double standards.

They maybe do go to football every week, but if they decide to make their "cause" public, I think they have to expect criticism of their motives by other fans.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    When hibs are at home there’s no police to be seen at games against teams like Livingston, I don’t see why they’re needed at the away fixture. I saw a guy being arrested outside the stadium as well, I can only assume it was for something that had happened before as he was just walking towards the queue to get in.
    There always used to be plain clothes guys in the crowd (I know guys that did it), although I don't know if it's still the case - I'd imagine they'll be less effective since stadiums became all seated together with the introduction of CCTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There always used to be plain clothes guys in the crowd (I know guys that did it), although I don't know if it's still the case - I'd imagine they'll be less effective since stadiums became all seated together with the introduction of CCTV.
    Still happens

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Thanks for the guidance. Just for clarity, it's ok to make comments about the police they were filming? I wouldn't like to be accused of double standards.

They maybe do go to football every week, but if they decide to make their "cause" public, I think they have to expect criticism of their motives by other fans.
    Goes home and away every week. Why shouldn't he be annoyed that he's being filmed for 90 minutes just because he likes to go and sing in support of his team?

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    There was police officers in the famous 5 against Aberdeen, all part of a new crackdown on the “ultras element” in partnership with the clubs. Same thing happening across the country.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTD1875 View Post
    There was police officers in the famous 5 against Aberdeen, all part of a new crackdown on the “ultras element” in partnership with the clubs. Same thing happening across the country.
    Not heard of this new crackdown, where are you reading that from?

Flares at games both at home and in Europe. UEFA fine would precipitate action by SFA, Police and Hibs I would expect.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Don't have a problem with that to be honest?
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Why the outrage? It looks like the police are willing to pay for information about "crews" looking for trouble. Is it any different from using informants to deal with other crimes?

Why the outrage? It looks like the police are willing to pay for information about "crews" looking for trouble. Is it any different from using informants to deal with other crimes?

I think they're looking in the wrong place, though. Apart from the Celtc Fan, the guys mentioned don't seem to have any link to organised violence.

I'm not in favour of filming groups of fans that are doing nothing but singing at games either. I think that's counter productive as, in the case of the guys in the FF upper at least, the police are doing nothing but pissing them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think they're looking in the wrong place, though. Apart from the Celtc Fan, the guys mentioned don't seem to have any link to organised violence.

I'm not in favour of filming groups of fans that are doing nothing but singing at games either. I think that's counter productive as, in the case of the guys in the FF upper at least, the police are doing nothing but pissing them off.
    I doubt that the supporters that have been approached were picked at random, though saying so doesn't fit with the tone of the article.

@hibs.net private member
    I doubt that the supporters that have been approached were picked at random, though saying so doesn't fit with the tone of the article.
    You’d be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I agree. They shouldn’t be filming people at the game for supporting the team. There wasn’t any need for the police to even be in the stadium last week.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Did they ask Lee Wallace?

Are they using such exhaustive procedures whilst Rangers fans carry on with their rampant displays of sectarianism most weekends?

Of course they're not - it's much easier to earn a crust on less visible issues and largely innocent people attending a football match instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Are they using such exhaustive procedures whilst Rangers fans carry on with their rampant displays of sectarianism most weekends?

Of course they're not - it's much easier to earn a crust on less visible issues and largely innocent people attending a football match instead.

I await the mass arrests post match at Ibrox with interest.