hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

The singing section

Was right next to them in the corner today. Thought they were brilliant, they made loads of noise and showed the kind of commitment that was lacking on the pitch.
    Well done.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was right next to them in the corner today. Thought they were brilliant, they made loads of noise and showed the kind of commitment that was lacking on the pitch.
    Well done.
    I 2nd that.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat today despite a big travelling support and the efforts from the singing section guys - obviously the fare on the pitch didn’t help in getting the fans fired up.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought they were good in the first half when I was sitting behind the goal they were at. I moved to the half way line at half time and never heard a peep

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Thought they were good in the first half when I was sitting behind the goal they were at. I moved to the half way line at half time and never heard a peep

I love the singing section at easter road! When they was in the east it was brilliant!!

After they moved to the north I started to think it would be better if they spread themselves out throughout the east and west stand because it might encourage more people to join in!

@hibs.net private member
    Must admit they were outsung by the Livingston singing section. I know they normally do a great job but like today they were like the team. Not at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Must admit they were outsung by the Livingston singing section. I know they normally do a great job but like today they were like the team. Not at their best.
    That has to be a wind up. Sat in the section next to the lads today and they were excellent for 70 mins.

Our performance the last 20 couldn’t have got a song out of anyone

Livi fans outsang them. Really????

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Sorry, think that is rubbish. Never heard the Livi boys until they went into the lead apart from the odd song. Our boys sung well until we went a goal behind.

@hibs.net private member
    Not a wind up at all. In the first half I was behind the goals we were attacking. I heard them fine. Changed ends at half time and never heard them at all. Could hear the Livvy fans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    That has to be a wind up. Sat in the section next to the lads today and they were excellent for 70 mins.

Our performance the last 20 couldn’t have got a song out of anyone

Livi fans outsang them. Really????
    It must depend on where you were seated. I was at the far end from the singing section and hardly heard them, whereas the Livvy boys were loud and clear. However, the general atmosphere amongst our support was flat, so if the young guys were giving it laldy then they didn't get much help from the rest of us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    It must depend on where you were seated. I was at the far end from the singing section and hardly heard them, whereas the Livvy boys were loud and clear. However, the general atmosphere amongst our support was flat, so if the young guys were giving it laldy then they didn't get much help from the rest of us.
    Fair comment.

It must do mate as the lads kept going as I said until they scored and we couldn’t get close to their box. Then last 10 got the singing going again

It must do mate as the lads kept going as I said until they scored and we couldn’t get close to their box. Then last 10 got the singing going again
    The acoustics in that place must be as crap as the pitch Blaster! Good on the laddies in that case.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I have to say I thought they were very good today. I'm an old fart and appreciate the young team.

Depends on where you sit then.

The acoustics in that place must be as crap as the pitch Blaster! Good on the laddies in that case.
    Pitch is shocking eh. Hate making excuses cause we were poor but Horgan was trying to dribble away from opponents and he had no chance

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Sounded good to me, keep it up 👍

Pitch is shocking eh. Hate making excuses cause we were poor but Horgan was trying to dribble away from opponents and he had no chance
    Aye. Regardless of the result, that pitch isn't fit for professional football at any level. To tolerate it in Scotland's top league does nothing to discourage the notion that we are Mickey Mouse up here.

Getting beat from Meadowbank is always gonna keep us flat!

I was sitting next to the singing section and am sure that the team appreciate the noise they make and the atmosphere that they help create. However I do find the new song about Wallace Mercer appalling. I am no prude and know what he tried to do but the song is truly awful.

@hibs.net private member
    Aye. Regardless of the result, that pitch isn't fit for professional football at any level. To tolerate it in Scotland's top league does nothing to discourage the notion that we are Mickey Mouse up here.
    Not sure we were playing professional football in the second half

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito59 View Post
    I was sitting next to the singing section and am sure that the team appreciate the noise they make and the atmosphere that they help create. However I do find the new song about Wallace Mercer appalling. I am no prude and know what he tried to do but the song is truly awful.
    Glad I didn't hear that then. No idea why anyone would want to sing about Mercer at a Hibs match.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandito59 View Post
    Come on they’re young boys doing what young boys do. There was a song about Levein as well. We have to remember we were all young once.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Come on they’re young boys doing what young boys do. There was a song about Levein as well. We have to remember we were all young once.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Have you heard the words?

@hibs.net private member
    Try sing then? That would help.

Shows you how bad the ground is, as we moved at HT, and I thought they were out sung by the Livi equivalent-from the comments here the guys down the other end clearly thought the opposite.
    Something I’m sure we can all agree on-that pitch?! Someone needs to hoover up half of the rubber pellets

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Try sing then? That would help.
    You misunderstand me. It seems (from those sitting close to them) that the singing section were doing their best to create an atmosphere. I'm saying the rest of us did little to help, and I include myself in that - I actually joined in anytime something got going at the other end but those occasions were rare. I had insufficient drink in me to attempt to start a song myself, and with the quality of my singing that is a blessing for those around me, I can assure you!

Remember the days when an away game would not require a singing section to generate any atmosphere?

Thank **** these guys go to games. Can only imagine what it would be like without them.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Remember the days when an away game would not require a singing section to generate any atmosphere?

Thank **** these guys go to games. Can only imagine what it would be like without them.
    Seems like our support has been completely polarised into a group of 60 odd who sing and then the rest of the support who do not. The obvious exceptions being Tynecastle, Ibrox and Celtic Park, when the demographic our support is completely different.

I think having a section of unallocated tickets at places like Livingston would help. Means some like minded folk who aren’t part of the singing section can go and join in.