hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Scott Allan

Once we have Milligan up and running, the midfield will be strong, and Scott Allan wont be missed. He's a good player, we all know that, but we have enough forward thinking players who will score goals and create chances for our forwards.

Mallan will score more goals than any midfielder in years, and Horgan will chip in with 8-10 goals too.

Things are still very good at Hibs, and January is not far away either, where we will strengthen again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I wanted Allan but wasn't desperate for him to come, we have good options and our strongest 11 is a good as any when they're up and running

Do you have the winning lottery numbers for tonight?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Get wee Fraser Murray in there as well and we’re still a more than decent team.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wanted Allan but wasn't desperate for him to come, we have good options and our strongest 11 is a good as any when they're up and running
    loads of midfielders in the squad already. Would’ve been happy to sign him but I think other positions were a higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Once we have Milligan up and running, the midfield will be strong, and Scott Allan wont be missed. He's a good player, we all know that, but we have enough forward thinking players who will score goals and create chances for our forwards.

Mallan will score more goals than any midfielder in years, and Horgan will chip in with 8-10 goals too.

Things are still very good at Hibs, and January is not far away either, where we will strengthen again.

I agree but only if we can keep clear of injuries in the key areas where we're short on numbers otherwise we'll struggle. Fingers crossed eh!

Coaching Staff

We will definately have recruit in Jan. no doubt in my mind at all.

Agreed. I think Horgan and Mallan will score goals and Horgan looks like he might just be a very creative player. For me Scott Allan would have been the icing on the cake.

Allan will be missed as he would easily have been the best midfielder and probably the best player in the squad.

First Team Breakthrough
    Scott Allan would be Hibs best player right now. Of course he’s a huge miss! I’d imagine Lennon would’ve played the team entirely around him.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar

Agreed, pint half full here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    14, 18, 23, 42, 49, 52. Bonus is 12.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Fans need to remember as well we are unbeaten competitively in Scotland this this season , which includes the team who finished, second last year, a team who reached both cup finals last season and very good teams in Asteras and molde.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Yip, but i'm not sharing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I agree but only if we can keep clear of injuries in the key areas where we're short on numbers otherwise we'll struggle. Fingers crossed eh!
    We’ve already had injuries and remain unbeaten.

Could argue that what will turn out to be the backbone of our team haven’t started a league game in Marciano, McGregor, Milligan and Kamberi.

Other players still getting up to speed.

I don’t think we’ll be as short in November as we have been at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We’ve already had injuries and remain unbeaten.

Could argue that what will turn out to be the backbone of our team haven’t started a league game in Marciano, McGregor, Milligan and Kamberi.

Other players still getting up to speed.

I don’t think we’ll be as short in November as we have been at the start of the season.

We've been very short earlier, but we've recruited well and have cover all over the park.

First Team Breakthrough
    It would have been nice to get him but I'm not too troubled that we didn't.

We wont miss Scott Allan?! We'll see.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    If the stories are true and he put off interest from abroad waiting on HIBS he must be sitting in his hoose just now raging 😤 He can console himself with his wages but disnae beat playing week in week out. I hope he disnae cancel his HSL subscription. I don’t suppose the full story will ever come out

Good post BH I was really disappointed that we never added anyone yesterday but your right...onwards and upwards and Jan is but 4 months away...this squad barring really bad luck with injuries should be good enough to have us in top 3 or 4 contention by then...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For me the good news is that we have more attacking/final third midfield options now than we did before Scott joined us last January so our need is not as great as it was then.

The disappointment is that I love watching him play for us and, especially in tight games, he is the one who just has that little bit extra quality in terms of the final ball.

I'd love to see us resurrect this in January if possible - especially as Hyndman may well leave then.

Until then - I'm confident we have a strong squad and that our summer recruitment looks very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Thanks Beefster

Allan would start every game for Hibs and would have started every game for us this season. Hope we get it done in January. Think he finally gets Hibs and realises we are good for him and vice versa. Gutted he ain’t here just now. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I think I’ll try 19 02 03 21 05 16 with bonus ball being 07.
    GGTTH Scottish Cup Winners 2016

still think Scott Allan won’t be missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    We wont miss Scott Allan?! We'll see.

I think we're seeing already.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    We need a defensive midfielder much more than Scott Allan, in fact it wouldnt surprise me if Lennon played 352 with 2 defensive midfielders in Millagan and Bartley when fit.

Scott Allan is a good player, but its clear as the nose on your face we have a soft centre at the moment. No Kamberi Milligan or McGregor, when we are all fit i'm sure we will have a much better team and results to show.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    I don't believe Scott would have made much of a difference today. Our midfield lacked a strong tackler and that isn't Scott Allan. We were poor defensively and over run in midfield. Scott Allan wouldn't have altered that in my opinion
    This is how it feels

We need a defensive midfielder much more than Scott Allan, in fact it wouldnt surprise me if Lennon played 352 with 2 defensive midfielders in Millagan and Bartley when fit.

Scott Allan is a good player, but its clear as the nose on your face we have a soft centre at the moment. No Kamberi Milligan or McGregor, when we are all fit i'm sure we will have a much better team and results to show.
    That might get as some 0-0 draws but the goals have dried up as we're not creating chances

First Team Regular

shoulda splashed the cash and signed Cadden from motherwell, he woulda slotted right into mcginns shoes :D milligan woulda covered dylan, horgan for barker, mallan for allen. midfield woulda been looking dazzling!

One player woulda made a huge difference to the feeling of the support and probably the performance today!