hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Home and Away Match Programme

I saw through the week that the EFL has made the production of match programmes optional now for clubs, which is probably a reflection to a drop in sales through time, but Oxford United have decided that not only are they going to continue printing a programme, but they are going to make two available for games - on top of the standard programme they are selling one aimed at the away fans with both priced at £3. A nightmare for the collectors from both clubs fans who will now have to buy both at Oxford United!
    Is the production of match programmes now optional for clubs up here? I don’t buy them at all now, but years ago they were always an essential purchase both home and away. Be interesting to know how many we sell compared to the past, but I honestly can’t see the “home and away” idea taking off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I fear the match day programmes will soon be a thing off the past. I had been trying to get one for all the grounds we went to last season. At Ross County I got an A4 piece of paper with the teams and told to do the rest online. I relise that everything is done online these days but getting a programme at the game surely can’t be going to be a thing off the past. Football is being ruined every day for the traditionalists good on Oxford be good to see how it goes.

Interesting and as you say a cunning way to make collectors buy two. Yes it's optional in Scotland too. Some clubs don't produce them now. I think Ross County are one.

Edit. This article is a good read. Sorry cant do links. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aidan-smith-mystique-of-football-programmes-will-never-fade-1-4733951
    Last edited by Brooster; 25-08-2018 at 07:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Livingston produce an online pdf programme which is available for free. I don't know if they've changed that for the premiership now or even just the bigger games where they'll shift more - but we'll find out next weekend.
    Mon the Hibs.

Would be disappointing if we didn't have programmes. I don't always buy them, usually only for more meaningful games like Cup games and European ties. And the current Hibs programme is, imo, the best in years.
    GGGTTH

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    There’s a few posts on this topic on the Collectors Forum too
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Quote Originally Posted by tartanhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fear the match day programmes will soon be a thing off the past. I had been trying to get one for all the grounds we went to last season. At Ross County I got an A4 piece of paper with the teams and told to do the rest online. I relise that everything is done online these days but getting a programme at the game surely can’t be going to be a thing off the past. Football is being ruined every day for the traditionalists good on Oxford be good to see how it goes.
    I was told on the day that they didn’t do a programme anymore as had an issue with the company producing them. I get the home programmes but the away ones are a waste as I don’t ant to read about the Huns or those from across the road. I was over the moon that I managed to get the newspaper that Asteras produced in Greece. I got a Home fan to hand one over and always look for programmes for the big games.

Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was told on the day that they didn’t do a programme anymore as had an issue with the company producing them. I get the home programmes but the away ones are a waste as I don’t ant to read about the Huns or those from across the road. I was over the moon that I managed to get the newspaper that Asteras produced in Greece. I got a Home fan to hand one over and always look for programmes for the big games.
    The asteras programmes were stocked in most pubs.

Maybe should open my eyes rather than concentrate on the bar and getting served😂