hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Singing section

Singing section

Where was it today? Did they protest because they didn’t get to go behind then goals in the FF or did the drummer not fancy it today? Me and my mates are a tad confused.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Badly missed either way.

Aye its rubbish in the ff

Sooner back in the east the better

I never notice them anyway.I am getting a little deaf of course

First Team Breakthrough
    Hibs should be accommodating these guys as much as possible. They are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye its rubbish in the ff

Sooner back in the east the better
    I want them to be at the lower of the FF, I think when they got the tickets refunded they have separated and got tickets else where or took took the hump and just missed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    Hibs should be accommodating these guys as much as possible. They are fantastic.
    100%

Testimonial Due
    Think there’s more than a few less than impressed with the club’s handling of this and one individual in particular.

Hopefully lessons are learned before it costs our club more in lost revenue.

The last thing we need is a stadium (quarter) full of Hibs.net types ken.

@hibs.net private member
    If the singing section boycotted the match I think it was the wrong thing to do, especially a cup tie. Not sure what it proves.

They create a great atmosphere and it was missed today. I am not sure what the solution is but I hope that one can be found in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    Rubbish! Hibs have accommodated them. What if they move to the FFL and that doesn't work. What happens next?

Are you really suggesting Hibs move existing ST holders to accommodate people who organise a boycott against the club.

By the way, well done to the 8,000 plus who actually did attend today.

@hibs.net private member
    Boycott?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    If the singing section boycotted the match I think it was the wrong thing to do, especially a cup tie. Not sure what it proves.

They create a great atmosphere and it was missed today. I am not sure what the solution is but I hope that one can be found in the near future.
    Not sure I blame them if they did boycott today. They bought legitimate tickets for the game and had these refunded by the club and were effectively told they weren't welcome in those seats. I would have been tempted not to buy another ticket in those circumstances as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Might have been tempted but would never boycott a match because I wasn’t given the seat I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Hibee View Post
    Not sure I blame them if they did boycott today. They bought legitimate tickets for the game and had these refunded by the club and were effectively told they weren't welcome in those seats. I would have been tempted not to buy another ticket in those circumstances as well.
    They simply didn’t. They bought adults only tickets in a family section. Hibs can only be so accommodating to 250 fans. We have 13000 other season ticket holders to look after as well as the singing section

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Will they be back for the Aberdeen game on Saturday?

Wasn’t at the game today but heard it was like a library today. These Since1875 guys create a great atmosphere and I thoroughly appreciate what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    I want them to be at the lower of the FF, I think when they got the tickets refunded they have separated and got tickets else where or took took the hump and just missed today.
    FF lower right behind the goals would be the optimum position. The shallower rake of the lower should lend itself to Safe standing (like in Molde...). Just get it done Hibs.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Pathetic if they boycotted over their unplanned move to the family section.

I’ve been a big fan, especially of the displays last season, but I don’t think the group have covered themselves in glory this past week. Really immature if they’ve thrown the toys out of the pram because the club enforced their (clear) rules regarding no single adult ticket sales in the FF lower (family section). Also, I’m not sure the groups new compilation song about a dead man, sang on repeat, would really be befitting of a family section.

The league cup accounts for 50% of the trophies we can realistically win each year. The groups absence today contributed to a flat atmosphere. Poor show I’m my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post

I’ve been a big fan, especially of the displays last season, but I don’t think the group have covered themselves in glory this past week. Really immature if they’ve thrown the toys out of the pram because the club enforced their (clear) rules regarding no single adult ticket sales in the FF lower (family section). Also, I’m not sure the groups new compilation song about a dead man, sang on repeat, would really be befitting of a family section.

The league cup accounts for 50% of the trophies we can realistically win each year. The groups absence today contributed to a flat atmosphere. Poor show I’m my opinion.

As one of the eight thousand odd who were there today, the responsibility for the flat atmosphere lies with me and the rest who sat on their hands.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Has anyone considered that they weren't refunded for the tickets yet and didn't want to fork out yet another £20 to attend the game?

Sure I seen one of them say they hadn't yet received their refunds for the tickets.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

that's a good point

The singing section have been brilliant.they had no right to buy tickets for the family section.if they boycotted todays for that reason then shame on them.Hibs have 13k other ST holders to look after.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Rubbish! Hibs have accommodated them. What if they move to the FFL and that doesn't work. What happens next?

Are you really suggesting Hibs move existing ST holders to accommodate people who organise a boycott against the club.

Think it’s safe to say they’d be heard more in the FF lower than tucked away up in the corner. I hope Hibs do have something lined up becouse these guys are superb and deserve to try build something even bigger.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    As one of the eight thousand odd who were there today, the responsibility for the flat atmosphere lies with me and the rest who sat on their hands.

If like me you cheered when we scored today, or offered any shouts of encouragement to the team, then you at least contributed something.

To be honest, I think it was always going to be flat today - but you can’t contribute if you’re not there.

Maybe the guys have their reasons for not going, it’s their choice. They’ve generally been positive for the atmosphere at ER, I just think all this boycotting and plans to move is a bit too Green Brigade tbh.

Clear rules??

This week is the 1st time I have ever heard this rule and its the 1st time Ive seen Hibs put a notice on the website about this ""clear rule".

If it was such a well known and enforced rule, how could anyone buy a single adult ticket in the FF lower?

I can actually buy one for the Aberdeen game on Saturday right now if I wanted to.

Come back all is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Clear rules??

This week is the 1st time I have ever heard this rule and its the 1st time Ive seen Hibs put a notice on the website about this ""clear rule".

If it was such a well known and enforced rule, how could anyone buy a single adult ticket in the FF lower?

I can actually buy one for the Aberdeen game on Saturday right now if I wanted to.
    There appears to be a lack of communication here. I thought the club would be speaking to the singing section and coming to some mutual agreement? They have been an important part of the matchday experience for some years now but appear to have been treated heavy handedly for this game.

This

First Team Breakthrough

Rubbish ?

I did say "as much as possible"

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    If like me you cheered when we scored today, or offered any shouts of encouragement to the team, then you at least contributed something.

To be honest, I think it was always going to be flat today - but you can’t contribute if you’re not there.

Maybe the guys have their reasons for not going, it’s their choice. They’ve generally been positive for the atmosphere at ER, I just think all this boycotting and plans to move is a bit too Green Brigade tbh.

Is the boycott speculation or like at least 5k season ticket holders did they have their own reasons for not attending.

Serious question as I have not seen anything from them outlining a boycott.

their plan for sitting behind the goals was stopped by the club and I saw nothing today that suggested that they did anything but respect the clubs decision

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Family section should be moved to the lower west. Always liked the idea of the lower famous five being a wall of noise helping and galvanising our own whilst intimidating the opposition.

That being said that's only my opinion and I don't sit there currently and have no divine right to dismiss the view of those that have done so for years.