hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jason Cummings - Thoughts?

I was just thinking about the players from our cup winning team and those who have moved on. Some I am not too bothered about (Fyvie, Stokes) and others I miss (Hendo, SJM and Jason Cummings)
    I think that Hendo and SJM have moved on to really interesting challenges, but what about the Cumdog? Did he drink from the poisoned chalice? Is he now destined to head the way of some of our other talented players of the past (Deek, Gaz)
    What are your thoughts? Is there a way back into the spotlight for Cummings, or is it now a steady downward slope in what could have been a good career, or... is it still too soon to tell. After all what is he 22-23?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cjward2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just thinking about the players from our cup winning team and those who have moved on. Some I am not too bothered about (Fyvie, Stokes) and others I miss (Hendo, SJM and Jason Cummings)
    I think that Hendo and SJM have moved on to really interesting challenges, but what about the Cumdog? Did he drink from the poisoned chalice? Is he now destined to head the way of some of our other talented players of the past (Deek, Gaz)
    What are your thoughts? Is there a way back into the spotlight for Cummings, or is it now a steady downward slope in what could have been a good career, or... is it still too soon to tell. After all what is he 22-23?

He came to mind watching the game tonight. Could he have sneaked one in???
    Happy with what we have though...........

The forwards were not the issue tonight. We didn't have enough creativity in the middle of the park.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Already played at the highest level he can, as he's really not that good a footballer - no-where near Riordan's talent

I lost track of Jason after his "Hun" sojourn.
    Who is he now playing for and is he a starter?

Don’t think he would start ahead of Kamberi or MacLaren tbh.

Hope he does well at Peterborough none the less.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Next door neighbour is a Posh fan - Asked him this morning how Jason did against Bristol Rovers. Said nowhere near match fit, blowing out his.... for most of the second half, too early to judge as apart from one decent pass didn't really show anything but Posh apparently have a better striker out on loan.....

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Still love the guy, gave us some great memories. I do however think he'll be back up the road over the next couple of years and it'll probably be to a Dundee or Motherwell as I think we're probably a level above him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I lost track of Jason after his "Hun" sojourn.
    Who is he now playing for and is he a starter?
    He's on loan to Peterborough now and yes he started last weekend.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Na you’re alright. Better options there would rather have oli

Left Hibs way to early.
    Good goal scorer but the rest of his game was nowhere near good enough to make a go of it in the Championship.
    Will be back up the road.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Far too early to write Cummings off. Be interested to see how he gets on at Peterborough.

He’s no coming back but good luck in the future Jason

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    ......Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    He's on loan to Peterborough now and yes he started last weekend.
    Cheers bud.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Already played at the highest level he can, as he's really not that good a footballer - no-where near Riordan's talent
    Don’t think you’re wrong with this. Lennon clearly saw him as key to getting us up, but reality is he’s actually not that good.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Next door neighbour is a Posh fan - Asked him this morning how Jason did against Bristol Rovers. Said nowhere near match fit, blowing out his.... for most of the second half, too early to judge as apart from one decent pass didn't really show anything but Posh apparently have a better striker out on loan.....
    Really? He’s credited with an assist last weekend via SPN? I see it live on the telly. Well the commentery. But a Posh fan knowing nothing about football is not suprising if you’ve ever listened to TalkSport.

I think he’s taken over from Riordan as the go-to guy for the ‘anybody think he can still do a job for us’ thread subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Really? He’s credited with an assist last weekend via SPN? I see it live on the telly. Well the commentery. But a Posh fan knowing nothing about football is not suprising if you’ve ever listened to TalkSport.
    Giving him an assist for that is generous to say the least.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think he’s taken over from Riordan as the go-to guy for the ‘anybody think he can still do a job for us’ thread subject.
    . Watch this space (for the next twenty years)

@hibs.net private member
    The guy scored goals for fun even though he was not the best team player. I hope he gets his career going again as he’s at his third club since he left Hibs and really needs to start performing or he’ll end up like Tony Watt drifting from club to club showing a little but never returning to the standard that made him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Left Hibs way to early.
    Good goal scorer but the rest of his game was nowhere near good enough to make a go of it in the Championship.
    Will be back up the road.
    That about sums it up

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cummings was always going to struggle.

He can only play in a front 2 and no clubs that play at a high level play that way.

He has a fantastic left foot and is a cracking finisher but until he learns to hold the ball up and use his right foot, he’s destined to play out his career outside the big leagues and the top clubs

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Cummings was always going to struggle.

He can only play in a front 2 and no clubs that play at a high level play that way.

He has a fantastic left foot and is a cracking finisher but until he learns to hold the ball up and use his right foot, he’s destined to play out his career outside the big leagues and the top clubs
    Can see him being at Tynecastle at the start of next season.

Jason is a strange one. He’s not one for taking football to seriously and sometimes that’s not a bad thing. But at 22 he really should be kicking on now. His ability to score some outrageous goals proves he can do it. Although talent wise I’m not sure he has much. Likes to cut in edge of the box and let fly.

Still feel he’ll end up back in Scotland with a Killie or St. Johnstone.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    He is a maverick, and clearly knows the way to goal. Everywhere he has been he has scored, so his ability as a finisher is beyond question. Unfortunately, nobody wants an out and out finisher these days - the era of the poacher has passed. He would have flourished had he played in the 80's and 90's, but he doesn't play enough "football" for him to succeed at the higher levels of the modern game. I think League One in England or a mid table team in the Scottish Prem is his future, which ain't bad, as he will still earn more money than practically everyone on this message board.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Just sharing what someone who really does know his football and was there thought. Maybe the assist was what he meant.

Take a wee look at posh forum as well.

Incidentally you'll find no bigger fan of Jason than me but I'm concerned the trajectory he's on might see him spiral downwards further towards gorgie. Posh isn't a step up.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back at hearts.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back at hearts.
    I actually think he’s gonna have to drop down further if Peterborough is a failure. Lower SPL (wages, not position, or Hearts would be perfect) or top Championship.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Absolute stick on to end up at Hearts. Personally I stopped caring after his embarrassing attempts to fit in at the Huns
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller