hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Bogdan

Adam Bogdan

I think we've seen in the last two games how good this lad is. Still getting his match sharpness too. I think big Marciano will find it hard to get back in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bogdan the redeemer

Made some outstanding saves over the last 3 days. Hopefully more of the same

When is Rocky due back?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Said that today at the match. Marciano will struggle to get back into the team. Something I didn't expect to say after the 1st Astetas game. Good situation to be in though.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bogdan the redeemer

Made some outstanding saves over the last 3 days. Hopefully more of the same

When is Rocky due back?
    Not sure actually. Great position to be in though. Looks like we have two fantastic keepers for the season.

Liked the way he started commanding the area a bit which might give him a slight edge on Rocky if he proves to be as good a shot stopper... which he seems to be at the moment.

He's done well the past 2 games but I would expect marciano to come back in when fit. He's our number 1 and still our best keeper.

He stopped taking goal kicks and free kicks near the end hope he doesn’t have a knock

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    He stopped taking goal kicks and free kicks near the end hope he doesn’t have a knock
    I think he took one in the family jewels when blocking a shot in the second half. Might explain him delegating the kicking responsibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    He's done well the past 2 games but I would expect marciano to come back in when fit. He's our number 1 and still our best keeper.
    On the back of the last 2 games I think he's going to keep the jersey until he screws up. Loved the way he's commanding the area and collecting crosses. Great situation to be in with 2 competent keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    On the back of the last 2 games I think he's going to keep the jersey until he screws up. Loved the way he's commanding the area and collecting crosses. Great situation to be in with 2 competent keepers.
    This 100%

Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    Agree - if he keeps this up there’s no way he’ll be dropped just because Rocky is fit.

Rocky’s had the occasional howler himself - sometimes people forget that. Good keeper but don’t know how people can say definitively that the gloves are his as soon as he’s back.

I assumed that was just a clever way to waste some time as Porteous had to walk back to take the kick instead. And then we had to wait even longer for his kick to land as they went some distance!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I'm liking the look of him more and more and he's probably still getting up to full sharpness after a long period out. Hope we've got an option to buy at the end of the loan clause with a pre-agreed fee.
    Last edited by 007; 05-08-2018 at 08:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Made some great stops again today. Something i noted his distribution not so good when kicking pretty excellent when throwing

Very very impressed with Adam today and on Thursday , as much as I like Rocky he is not as good at dealing with crosses and is prone to a howler or two. Early days but yet again look like an
    Inspired singing

@hibs.net private member
    Saw his wife in the stand today. Maybe he was saving himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Agree - if he keeps this up there’s no way he’ll be dropped just because Rocky is fit.

Rocky’s had the occasional howler himself - sometimes people forget that. Good keeper but don’t know how people can say definitively that the gloves are his as soon as he’s back.
    If he keeps playing well he will keep the gloves similar to Laidlaw last year until he c###ed up in the Celtic semi

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Made some great stops again today. Something i noted his distribution not so good when kicking pretty excellent when throwing
    Noticed that at the last home game too. Throwing was excellent.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Must admit had my reservations but starting to warm to this guy. After a rusty start he seems to get what we are all about and seems to have bought into our ethos. His concentration urgency and distribution have improved and has been faultless in his last two games against Dundee and Aberdeen
    I think Rocky will have his work cut out trying to dislodge this guy but can only be good for our club.

Said it before but will say it again. Bogdan is the best goalie at the club.

I thought he dealt with everything very well last night.

Since the game in Greece he’s hardly put a foot wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I think he looked too short at the penalties. I t looked like every penalty that would have been hit near either post he wouldnt have reached, maybe my imagination though. I blame the beer

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Cant be good explaining to your number 1 keeper you are behind the pecking order to a loanee who will more than likely be away at the end of the season. How many years does Marciano have left on his contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    Cant be good explaining to your number 1 keeper you are behind the pecking order to a loanee who will more than likely be away at the end of the season. How many years does Marciano have left on his contract ?
    Surely he knows how it works. The gloves stay with the man in form. No other position offers a guaranteed start.
    Last edited by marinello59; 26-09-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

As good as Bogdan is I actually think all our keepers are pretty decent, were quite lucky to have them all.

@hibs.net private member
    Rocky would have saved at least 1 more of those penalties. About 3 of dons pens were around 2 foot inside the post, bogdan chose the right way but seemed too short

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Rocky would have saved at least 1 more of those penalties. About 3 of dons pens were around 2 foot inside the post, bogdan chose the right way but seemed too short
    They are both 6 foot 4 ! Dons pens were very well taken last night

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I really like Rocky but have to agree. Bogdan's looked the business for weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    They are both 6 foot 4 ! Dons pens were very well taken last night
    Looking at this years team photo Bogdan actually looks quite a bit bigger than Marciano.

https://www.snsgroup.co.uk/13-09-18-...-15412054.html
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years