hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Don’t sell John McGinn.

Not unless an amazing offer comes in. He’s worth too much to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

That appears to be Hibs stance so far, to be fair.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don’t Sell McGinn, Super John McGinn, I just don’t think you understand... if you sell McGinn, Super John Mcginn, you’re gonna have a riot on your hands!!

Anything less than £5 million shouldn't even be worthy of a reply from Hibs.

Absolute joy to watch today.

Leeann was only ever going to accept an offer if it met two criteria:-

1. Too much money to refuse and
    2. Early enough in the transfer window to buy a replacement

That’s why Celtic’s tactics have been derisory from day 1. They wrongly assumed we wanted to sell to them.

They are so misguided

Blog Entries
    At the half time commentary on Radio Scotland they were raving about McGinn, saying that he’s a snip at £4m. They reckoned there was surprisingly little interest from England maybe because there’s a snobbery with them where they want to spend £20m on a player and are turning up their noses at a few million for a Scorttish player. Interesting to see if there’s any movement early this week.

100% do all we can to just keep him on improved terms or let his contract run. He's the difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% do all we can to just keep him on improved terms or let his contract run. He's the difference.
    If he goes, I think we have the quality to continue to do well and will strengthen, but we definitely won’t be as good or as successful without him.

When he went off I was thinking please don’t let that be his last game. Old enough to know the economics but it will hurt if he goes.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I'm very much leaning towards keeping him here this season and letting him go for free in the summer if need be, he's worth more to us on the pitch right now.

Awesome performance today. If and when he goes he will be badly missed. M.OT.M for me.
    B

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Not unless an amazing offer comes in. He’s worth too much to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every person sitting round me today said the same thing

Losing him ahead of Thursday will be such a kick in the nads, even if it a massive bid he will leave such a hole in the midfield (and on todays performance Slivka aint quite ready for the step up to that role).

For me, it has to be a truly enormous sum of money (£6-7m which wont happen), plus at least one of the buying clubs other midfielders on loan for the season.

I wouldn’t even think about selling him before Thursday and would be quite happy to see him leave for nothing at the end of the season..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    I wouldn’t even think about selling him before Thursday and would be quite happy to see him leave for nothing at the end of the season..
    100%. One more successful season with a totally committed boiler house and I would be happy to see him shape his future with the team of his choice, even if it’s a bad choice.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Maybe we should bombard him with adoration on social media begging him to sign a new deal. McLaren mentioned it as a factor in his return 😀

Whatever happens with him, I'll always love the guy. He's given Hibs so much, more than any other player since I've been old enough to really watch Hibs (I'm 23)

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I'm very much leaning towards keeping him here this season and letting him go for free in the summer if need be, he's worth more to us on the pitch right now.

I'm also leaning towards that as well now.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think we should let him go, because we don’t have that driving force kind of a player within our ranks at the moment and I don’t see any replacements. My honest belief is that Hibs may tank after losing this guy - maybe not right away, but over the course of the season.

And don’t say Slivka is the answer.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I've never seen a player with so much speculation about him kick on and got even better, he is the real deal and we should just thank ourselves lucky we once had him, different class imo

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Whatever happens with him, I'll always love the guy. He's given Hibs so much, more than any other player since I've been old enough to really watch Hibs (I'm 23)
    I said today sometimes you see a opposition player like Gazza Laudrup Laursen and stand back and admire. Well for me SJM is that bracket

@hibs.net private member
    Ideal scenario is keep him but make him a really good offer to extend his contract by a year. We cant really afford to let a valuable asset like John leave for nothing.....that would be crazy. He has always said he would look after Saints and us so all he has to to is extend. If he wants to go then that's another story but nothing I have seen suggests that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I don’t think we should let him go, because we don’t have that driving force kind of a player within our ranks at the moment and I don’t see any replacements. My honest belief is that Hibs may tank after losing this guy - maybe not right away, but over the course of the season.

And don’t say Slivka is the answer.
    He most certainly isn't

They were saying on sportsound that there was a large number of scouts in the stand today to watch John. When he goes, I hope we get a decent price and he goes on to bigger and better things

I might have missed something but have we offered him a new deal that he’s rejected?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely love how Hibs are standing their ground over this so far. If he goes for free at the end of the season then so be it, we’ll have had our money worth. The guy is pure gold for us and I’d love it if we got another year from him.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Very much in favour of keeping him unless really silly money is offered. I'm impressed not just by his sublime skills but by how well he's handled all this - rather than throwing his toys out and stropping about his "big move" as so many others have done. I hope he stays for this season even though it will leave us with no cash for him because it would have to be a hell of a lot of cash to be worth his contribution to this team over a season - a top quality player who's constantly getting better.

Blog Entries
    From Kerrydale Street:

Had a great game today apparently. English scouts out in force (so it says).

He's exactly the type of player we should be picking up from the SPL. Any other league in the world we are looking at a fee north of £10 Million in the current climate. I'm not suggesting we should pay over the odds but I'm almost certain he'll end up with us, either now or in January.

Just pay his true value and close your 78 page thread about a player you are ‘indifferent’ about. Cheapskates.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Keep him tell them all to bolt unless it is an offer we can’t refuse we would also have to find a similar / adequate replacement ????

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    If he was playing in an English team he'd be priced at 15-20 million. Celtc can ram it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    One things for sure. If we still gave him in January and his performance level remains the same we will still get at least 3 million even with just a few months of his contract left. Someone will pay to get him ahead of next summer.